Final

Late Night

“You’re coming with us whether you want to or not” Jeonghan declared, barging into Soonyoung’s room. He blinked, eyes widening slightly. Then he returned to his book. Jeonghan gave a frustrated sigh. Marching in, he was followed by Seungcheol, Seungkwan and Hansol. His book was rudely ripped out his hands and a glaring Jeonghan stood over him.

He gulped.

"It's the long weekend, live a little"

Soonyoung vehemently shook his head. Ignoring him, the older grabbed him by his collar and yanked him up. Jeonghan leaned in as he leaned back. "You're coming with us"

•••~|~•••

Without his knowledge, Jeonghan had raided his closet, looking for anything that screamed "single" and "ready". Ready for what, Soonyoung did not know, he just wanted this night to be over.

"So pick one," Jeonghan ordered, pointing to the outfits Seungkwan and Hansol were holding. One look and he knew they weren't all his clothes. One outfit had pants that were more holy than the pope and the other had a shirt that could barely be called a shirt.

"What is this?" Sooyoung asked; horrified as he felt the fabric.

"A shirt"

"I'm not wearing that," he added. Jeonghan's whining fell to deaf ears as he returned to his bed.

"Get him"

•••~|~•••

Before he knew it, Seungcheol had him pinned to the bed as the other two ripped off his clothes and stuffed him into an outfit.

Standing in front the mirror, his jaw dropped open. The black jeans were tight enough to cut off all feeling and the tight shirt left nothing to the imagination. At least they had the decency to put him in a jacket. He sighed.

"Cheer up, love. That's not the final look" oh joy...

Seungkwan steered him in front the vanity where Jeonghan was waiting. With his eyes closed, he could feel make up being smudged and smeared all over his face.

"Oh he looks good"

"Good? He looks hot"

"Mmh"

"My work here is done"

•••~|~•••

Back in front of the mirror, he had one thought. This outfit is so... skimpy.

"I look easy" he voiced out.

"You look like a badass"

"No," he denied, "I look like a washed up nobody who can't keep it in his pants and—”

"Okay! Jeez, calm down" Seungkwan shouted, covering his ears.

"Don't be like that; we're trying to make you look available. If you hate it, wear this" Jeonghan then threw him a simple grey v cut (maybe cut a bit too low...). He nodded in thanks anyways, knowing that Jeonghan wasn't going to let him change again.

He gave one last final sigh, mentally preparing himself for what was to come.

•••~|~•••

He's only been here for an hour and already, he was sitting by himself in the booth. Of course, a few people came by, giving him supposedly seductive looks and flirtatious winks. Soonyoung only rolled his eyes in boredom. Eyes roaming over the dance floor, he found Jeonghan dancing with Seungcheol. Huh...He paused, when did that happen?

Hansol and Seungkwan were nowhere to be found, not that he tried but really, did they have to leave him after dragging his out here?

Lazily, he stirred around his drink as his mind drifted. His stirring halted as a certain memory came to him. No way...

•••~|~•••

Dodging his way through the crowds, Soonyoung felt as if he could finally breathe once he was outside. Inhaling deep, a small smile curled his lips.

Shaking off the feel of the club, he went walking down the sidewalk, keeping an eye out for what he was looking for.

Ah, he thought, found you.

Walking into the library, he immediately thanked every deity out there that it was open all night. Giddiness washed over him. The part timer behind the counter bowed in greeting, casting an odd look as he went in deeper. He ignored him.

Shelf after shelf, Soonyoung lost himself to feeling he only got when he was surrounded by books.

•••~|~•••

Jihoon was just minding his own business, trying his best to study on the counter, when a dark haired, dangerous(ly hot) looking man entered. The customer gave him a polite smile when he bowed. He blinked a few times, caught unaware by how attractive he was. Granted he gave off a bad boy vibe and Jihoon knew to stay far away. But there was just something about the various tattoos on his arm and his multiple piercings that just drew him in. And he also looks amazing with that simple grey shirt and those tight jeans that...whoa no stop! Jihoon thought desperately, steering his mind away from the customer's retreating back.

“Jihoon-ah, can you please put these books back on the shelves?” His sunbae asked, rounding a corner. He agreed and soon he was left hauling a car of returned books.

He yawned, checking the time and realizing that it was barely midnight. Still a few more hours…

With arms full of books, Jihoon failed to see the body sitting on the floor, legs spread out, before it was too late.

•••~|~•••

Soonyoung was just reading to his heart’s content when he felt more than saw something step in his legs. He cried out just as a giant thump sounded. Sprawled by his feet was the part-timer. He blinked owlishly, before erupting in quiet laughter.

“Are you okay? Do you need help?” He asked as he crawled closer, seeing a pile of books scattered down the aisle. He almost snorted. Looking back to the boy on floor, he smirked in amusement when he saw how red he was turning.

With ears redder than Rudolph’s nose, the part timer looked at him and scowled.

“Why were you just lying on the floor? That’s a hazard you know and you just can’t sleep in here”

Soonyoung grinned, “I wasn’t sleeping,” he looked back at his discarded book, the part-timer following his gaze, “I was reading, until I got stepped on…”

“I-I’m sorry,” he stuttered, Soonyoung brushed it off. With a huff, he stood up as Soonyoung began collecting the fallen books.

“Here,” Soonyoung leaned in, reading his name tag, “Jihoon

Jihoon stuttered again as he accepted the books. With wide eyes, he watched the other collect his book and walk deeper into the library. Soonyoung was smiling the whole time he walked away; Jihoon is extremely adorable when embarrassed.

•••~|~•••

Jihoon was still slightly shell-shocked long after the studded boy left.

“Hey Jihoon, your shift is over” his sunbae reminded, coming to crouch beside him, “And what happened here? Did you trip?”

“Umm yeah, I’m fine though, see you tomorrow night” he replied in a rush and quickly fled the scene.

Checking his phone, Jihoon gave distracted goodbye to his sunbaes as he left. The clock read 4 AM, too late for the last bus and too early for the morning bus. Sometimes, he really hated his schedule. Maybe he could call his mom but he knew she had work in a few hours. Dejectedly, he started to walk in the direction of his house. A arm wrapping around his shoulders had his back coiling in alarm.

“What’s up part-timer?”

He recognized that voice.

•••~|~•••

Where are you??? From JeongPabu

Soonyoung sighed, having not forgiving them for ditching yet.

Out.

It’s closing, we need your car keys LLL

Soonyoung rubbed his eyes, annoyed. Of course he had taken his keys with him, chances are everyone is hammered.

Putting his second book of the night on the shelf, he headed out just in time to see the part-timer, Jihoon, wander out. Rushing up to him, he pulled him close, keeping an arm around him. He felt the other tense up.

“What’s up, part-timer?”

“I’m going home,” came the short reply. Soonyoung frowned, at this hour?

“You need a ride?”

Jihoon stopped walking and he could see him actually considering it. The thought had Soonyoung oddly excited.

“…fine but if you try anything, I swear to God I’ll—”

“Great! C’mon my car is this way”

•••~|~•••

Jihoon had absolutely no idea what came over him. WHY WOULD HE AGREE TO THIS?!

From underneath his bangs, Jihoon peeked at the taller male. He seemed happy enough, what with that weird skip in his steps and odd smile. There was just something that made him trust the boy with the studded belt. He turned back and Jihoon quickly averted his eyes.

“You know…” he started, unsure of how to proceed. The boy just watched him, waiting for his question.

“Soonyoung-ah!” Someone called out. Jihoon immediately snapped to attention. He watched in slight fear as a group of four or so surrounded them.

“Who are you? OMG you’re so cute!” One exclaimed, trying to reach out for him.

“Soonyoung, is this where you’ve been?”

“Whoa hyung, didn’t think he was your type”

“Okay stop, do you want a ride or not?” Soonyoung (apparently) near shouted.

“We were waiting for you , but if you were with a boy then I guess we could forgive you~”

Jihoon flushed when he understood what they implying. Soonyoung scowled and with a snap of his hand, they all followed him into the parking lot.

“Why don’t you sit in front?” one of the boys asked, an impish smile gracing his fine features. With an unsure nod, he clambered beside Soonyoung. Soonyoung cast him an apologetic look as he pulled out of the lot.

“Just drop us off at Seungcheol’s place, we’ll stay there for the night,” the same boy ordered. Jihoon was beginning to think the pretty boy was in charge because everyone else remained relatively quiet…except the one with high cheekbones…

Soonyoung nodded and before he knew it, Jihoon was alone with the other once again.

“I’m sorry about Jeonghan; he’s…very out there, isn’t he?”

Jihoon was unaware of the smile he got as he nodded. “So are you going to tell me where you live? Not that I mind driving with you but it’s almost 6”

“O-oh, right,” Jihoon stuttered. Soonyoung gave a soft smile as he followed the other’s directions.

Pulling in front of his apartment complex, Soonyoung reached over and latched onto his sleeve.

“Hey, can I… can I get your number?”

Jihoon paused, slightly shocked. Nobody asked for his number before…

Soonyoung held out his phone and gingerly, he accepted it.

He smiled once more before driving off and Jihoon wanted to kick himself. Why would he give his number to someone like him? He was someone who was way out of his league and so not his type. But again, there was just something about him… maybe it wouldn’t be so bad…

•••~|~•••

Soonyoung stood pacing around his room. It’s been two days and he still hasn’t contacted the boy from the library.

“Stop it,” Hansol whined from his bed. “Just text something like ‘let’s meet sometime’ it’s not that hard”

Soonyoung wanted to pull out his hair. Okay, fine. Maybe he’s overthinking it. Just breathe and type a few words, simple…right?

Hey Jihoon, he typed. U free tonight?

Soonyoung wanted to die.

•••~|~•••

U free tonight?

Jihoon had to re-read that a couple times. Well, he thought to himself, if he turns out to be a douche, it’s easy to just ignore him. With a self-assuring nod, he replied.

Yeah

•••~|~•••

Yeah? That’s it? Well what was he expecting?

Soonyoung turned to Hansol, eyes pleading. “Now what?”

“Ask him out, take him to dinner or something—why are you so bad at this?”

•••~|~•••

Wanna hang out?

Sure

I’ll pick you up at 7

•••~|~•••

“I heard my little Soonyoung has a date~” Soonyoung groaned. “Here, this will be prefect~”

“Jeonghan, please,” he begged, “let me pick out something. I think I scared him the first time with what you had me dressed in”

Jeonghan smiled, not at all ashamed. “Fiiine but wear something nice, okay? Not those weird shirts you always wear”

With a promise to not wear his comic shirts, he pushed out the older boy and locked the door.

Standing in front of the mirror, Soonyoung just threw on his usual clothes and was out the door before Jeonghan could see him.

•••~|~•••

Jihoon was pleasantly surprised to see Soonyoung’s attire. It was different from the first time they met but he found himself liking this style a lot more, especially on him. He seemed like such a nerd standing beside him. But he could get used to seeing him like and to top it off, they even went to the same university.

Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad…

End