Hades

Wendy Anthology

It is a dark, cloudless night when the voice calls and you follow.

It's a promise wrapped in a song and something you cannot deny. It  leads through fields of flowers and fields of wheat, through woods where men dare not tread.

You chase and you do not know why.

The voice sings you blood aflame and sparks your soul alight. Something within you trembles and shakes and tries to wake.

You finds her in a field of green and gold, bathed in moonlight with stars in her eyes.

Moon pale skin and ink slick hair, black-rimmed eyes and a painted mouth, a vision.

You've has seen a thousand brown-eyed girls a thousand different ways. These eyes are brown, but they are not like the rest.

An unholy light burns fast and bright and you swears they draw you in.

She is ethereal in the moonlight and you cannot look way. Her voice is a call and a command and you know that you will deny her nothing.

You fall to your knees in benediction and throw yourself at her feet.

A hand beneath your chin urges you back to your feet and you obey without hesitation.

She asks you to go with her, to a place far from here with no chance of  return.

There you shall remain until you will fade from mind and memory and nothing remains.

You take her offered hand and accept her offered life.