Fate and Uncovered Truth

Remember Me When The First Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been exactly one month since they officially ended. Yet Jiyong still found it hard to forget about her. Everytime he wanted to erase her, but she always came to his mind like uninvited guest. But Jiyong was absolutely better than last time. He ate well and also slept well. Sometimes his dreams were painful but sometimes he dreamt about her, the beautiful one. Last time he dreamt about her when Taeyeon was laying beside him as he opened his eyes in the morning. 

While Taeyeon, she has been lived in Jeju. When she lost her suitcase, fortunately one of her college friend happened to find it. Taeyeon sighed in relief because her friend recognised her when she made fuss on the plane. 

Taeyeon stared at beautiful scenery before her. As far as she could stare, there was only the blue ocean. The wave kept rolling non stop. She tighten her yellow pastel scarf as the cold sea ​​breeze blew. Everything here calmed her down. The air is so fresh and this island is not crowd as the city. She lived in rented house. The situation couldn't be any better. Even though sometimes she did think about him. Everytime, literally. When she thought of him, it made her happy. Because he's part of beautiful memories. 

Taeyeon worked as waitress at a cafe near her house. It's been three weeks and most of everyone in her neighborhood already knew about her condition. 

First time was when she forgot where she lived. The entire staffs that worked in cafe found the truth. They could accept her condition and they even helped her. Sometimes she forgot that she had to go work and after that her friends started to picking her up. Taeyeon also had hard time writing something. She also started to find it hard to communicate.  She forgot little things each day. When she was about to do something, one second later she couldn't remember what she was going to do. She almost burnt her house once again because she forgot that she was boiling water.  Even though she was forgetting about everything in this world, what amazed her, she never forgot Jiyong even for one moment. She didn't want to. She couldn't imagine if she started to forget him. Maybe that's moment of her final call. 

                                              ***

Jiyong was arrived at Jeju International Airport with his companies. That day, he had meeting with investor from Japan. They were going to talk about technology as the development of tourism so he chose Jeju Island personally. Jiyong also had a cafe in Jeju and he wanted to take his friends to there. 

After at morning, they had meeting, then at evening, Jiyong and his friends immediately headed to his cafe. He wanted to show off how big and how cool his cafe is. 

"Waaahh. Is this really yours?" Seungri, one of Jiyong's friend couldn't believe his eyes. 

"Of course, i designed it myself.." Jiyong smirked while his hands got into his pocket. 

But staring at this cafe reminded him of something that made his heart hurt everytime he thought about it. Taeyeon. He bought the land with money he had been saved for eight years, he designed it himself and built it without telling his girlfriend. It was built when he was in military and finally done at middle of 2016. What makes him sad is it was supposed to be place where he proposed her. He wanted to present this cafe to her. This cafe is presented to her. But everything just turned upside down. The bride has became a dream. It was his dream. 

"Let's go! I'm so curious about the inside" Yongbae suddenly pulled his arms. 

They took the way that only him and staff could be allowed. Jiyong chose the place in the corner that he already booked. 

"Yah... now i can see why you were always play save when we had dinner.." Seunghyun said. 

Jiyong smiled and then his friends ordered the meals. They chatted for next ten minutes until the food served. They didn't really talk when they ate. After chatted again for next ten minutes, Jiyong excused himself to the toilet. He had to walk cross the main place of cafe and something stopped him. 

"Young lady, why aren't you wearing shoes? Are you not cold?" 

Jiyong stepped back and sneaked from the wall and he saw a middle aged woman, a costumer talked to a waitress. Waitress looked confused and just standing until another waitress came and took that waitress with her. 

"If you forgot at least you can feel cold..." the waitress and another waitress that didn't wear shoes walked facing him so Jiyong could see their face. 

Holy ing sh*t

His eyes widened when that young lady without shoes turned out to be Taeyeon. What a fate. They met again. And how Taeyeon turned be caught Jiyong's attention. Is she sick?

When Taeyeon and that waitress gone, he headed to cashier. 

"Oh, sajangnim! Hello nice to meet you~" the staff greeted him when they saw him. 

"Long time no see, sajangnim"

Girls staffs could not to not fangirling when he was around. Of course, who could resist their hot and handsome sajangnim. Jiyong was about to ask one of staff in front of him, but he found that the waitress that helped Taeyeon just came back. 

"Can we talk for a while at the rooftop?" He asked to her. 

Other staffs were holding to not screaming while seeing this. 

The next moment, Jiyong and the waitress named Hwang Miyong sat face to face with table between them. 

"What are you going to talk, sajangnim?" Miyong finally broke the ice since Jiyong drawn in his thoughts for 5 minutes. 

Jiyong folded his arms. "I'm going to ask about that waitress...." 

Miyoung raised her eyebrows. 

"Kim Taeyeon..." he continued. 

Miyoung nodded but then her eyes told her that she was confused. Why were they going to talk about her? What's his bussiness with her bestfriend? Well, even though Taeyeon only has been there for a month, but she has became a family to her, to the entire staffs. 

"Well, I'm her old friend.." he finally talked. 

"Why don't you just--- sorry..."

"It's been for a while since we communicated so.." 

"Oh, okay..."

Jiyong twisted his finger and crossed his legs. 

"Everthing's fine, right?" He asked. 

Miyoung seemed sad when he asked about that. Taeyeon absolutely wasn't fine. She didn't answer his question which made him caught that something was wrong. 

"What? Did something happen to her? She seemed not well.." Jiyong moved forward. His chest tighten. He found it was hard to breath when Miyoung told him the truth that Taeyeon was sick. 

"Yes. She is sick. Really sick... al zheimer has been eating her" Miyoung teared up.

"She doesn't want to listen to me. She is getting worst each day since she came but she doesn't want to go to hospital. It's been days since her last medicine..." Miyoung looked at other way. The reason why she told this to him was maybe he could help Taeyeon. Maybe Taeyeon wanted to listen to him. 

"Please... help her.. take her to hospital.. if not..." Miyoung cried and couldn't continue her words.

Jiyong lost in words. He vividly remember the last time how strange Taeyeon was when she came to his house. He recalled when Taeyeon forgot things, but he didn't notice it. Jiyong cursed to himself. Why didn't he notice it? Why did he let her go when she suffered alone? How could he eat well and live well when Taeyeon is dying like this? 

"She's... she's going home.." Miyoung stared at her phone. 

Jiyong wiped tears from his eyes and got up. He walked down the stairs and found Taeyeon, not far walking on the back yard. He decided to follow her without knowing her. When Taeyeon walked at the side of street, Jiyong walked opposite steps behind her. 

Taeyeon didn't notice his presence. And she didn't wear her shoes. Jiyong felt like he had no energy to walk. He was completely destroyed. His chest was in pain like it was going to explode. Knowing her condition killing him. Taeyeon stopped when the wind blew. Her hair messed up and she shivered.

While on other side, Taeyeon was walking home because the manager told her to go early. And she was wondered about Miyoung's whereabout. She sent her message but maybe she didn't read it. Taeyeon also felt bad to her. She looked up at the sky. 

"How can they shin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter