DAY 2 (PART 1)

You, Me, And Everything In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to kiss his stupid face,” Taehyung whines into the phone. “Which is highly unethical, given our circumstances. With him being my employee, I’m sure kissing is prohibited. Plus, I don’t think we’re at the kissing stage in our relationship either way. But still, I want to kiss his face off.”

“Do... do you not own a clock or a watch? Or any time telling device that would let you know you that five o’clock is an inappropriate time in the morning to call a person to whine?” Namjoon complains.

“I feel like I may have judged my nannies too harshly now, given my current circumstances. It’s been one day, Namjoon, just one day, and I WANT TO KISS HIS FACE OFF,” Taehyung continues, oblivious to his friend’s displeasure.

“Why are you yelling, do you want him to hear?”

Taehyung sighs into the phone.

“I shouldn’t want to kiss his face off; he brought her up,” Taehyung says knowing he doesn’t need to expound.

“Wait, what? How the does he even know about-”

“Apparently he google-searched me before coming to the interview and found some of my old paintings,” he answers before Namjoon can adequately finish the question.

“Well, damn,” Namjoon exclaims with a low whistle. “I thought your family had all those removed.”

“I did, too. I guess some were missed.” Taehyung sighs again. “I like him, Joon. I like everything about him, which is presumptuous of me given that I don’t know everything about him, but I like what I see so far, and I’m usually not wrong about people. He’s smart, funny, honest... he’s good with Inna. I sound like a love-sick teenager, why do I sound like a love-sick teenager?”

“I don’t know, but can you repeat everything you just said? I’m just going to record it all and play it back for shareholders to see how it affects our stock prices,” Namjoon teases.

“I hate you.”

“No, you don’t,” the older man answers back effortlessly.

“What do I do? Do I try to kiss his face off?” Taehyung’s questions genuinely.

“No. No, you do not. You one hundred percent do not try to kiss his face off. What is wrong with you?” Namjoon scolds.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me, why do you think I’m calling you at five in the morning when I should be asleep?” Taehyung bites back, a little snappier than he’d intended. “Sorry, hyung, I’m wound up. I haven’t had feelings for anyone in a very long time. I honestly don’t know what to do with myself. When it ended with Mari, I was just angry. She broke that part of me, you know?”

“Yes, well, she’s a ,” Namjoon declares.

Taehyung laughs bitterly.

“What did you say when he brought her up?” Namjoon asks.

“I said she’s a part of my history that I’ve erased. I expected he’d fight and want an answer, but you know how he responded? He said I wish I knew how to do that, erase parts of my history. Do you ing see why I want to kiss his face off?”

“Can you please stop saying that?” Namjoon begs. “It’s much too early in the morning, and it’s so cringy. Also, Taehyung-ah, you’ve known this person for less than forty-eight hours, and you already have feelings for him? This is not like you.”

“I know this, you don’t think I know this? I’m freaking out here. I haven’t slept. I’m not like this Joon. I’m not. I’m a facts guy, a show me a plan of how it’s going to work guy. But in walks a cute manny with a gummy smile who makes my four-year-old swoon, and I’m a goner it seems. He asked about Mari, hyung. He opened that door, and even though I said nothing, I-I wanted to tell him. I felt like he’d get it, like he’d understand the hurt and pain I felt and why I erased any memory of her except for Inna,” he explains.

“I hear you, Tae. I’m just saying, don’t open yourself up so soon. You said it yourself; you don’t know everything about this guy. Heck, you honestly don’t know anything about this guy. It’s been less than two days,” Namjoon advises.

“I get what you’re saying, hyung, and I promise to be careful. But, and I know this sounds crazy and reckless and very unlike my personality, but I know I’m right about him. I wouldn’t have trusted him with Inna otherwise. She’s more precious to me than my own life,” Taehyung informs his friend. “I think I could really like him, Joon. He makes me feel, and I hadn’t realized until today that I haven’t been feeling much of anything lately.”

“That’s fine, but learn about him first. Test him out. Please do not try to kiss his face off,” Namjoon warns, and Taehyung chuckles.

“Yes, dad. Wait, weren’t you the one telling me to give him a like just yesterday? Next time I’m calling Jungkook. He’d be one hundred percent on board with me kissing someone’s face off.”

“The thing was a joke, and we both know that if you called Jungkook at five in the morning, he’d body slam you straight to hell.”

Taehyung nods in agreement. Jungkook is not the friend he calls when he has an early morning crisis.

“That’s why I’m so blessed to have you, hyung,” he coos on the line, using his sweetest tone.

“Maybe I’ll try body slamming you next time,” Namjoon states, and Taehyung can’t help his chuckle.

“Hyung, you’re not the most coordinated person I know. You’re more likely to hurt yourself than me if you tried. But I promise to try to dial back on the early morning phone calls. If it makes you feel better, I stopped myself from calling you at three this morning. Five was me being considerate,” he informs the older man.

“I guess I should be thankful for small mercies,” Namjoon replies with a giggle. “Taehyung-ah, you know I want you to be happy, right? I act like it bothers me when you call early in the morning, but I’m here whenever you need me. You know that, right?”

“I do, hyung.”

“If you like this Min Yoongi, that’s great, but don’t rush into anything. You need to know more about him, and he needs to know more about you. You come with a lot of baggage, Tae. And I’m not just talking about Inni. I’m talking about Mari and your family. You need to know that these are things he can handle,” Namjoon advises, and Taehyung knows the man is right.

“I know, hyung, I know. It was just nice to feel something for someone who wasn’t my three-year-old daughter for once.”

“I’m not saying don’t feel things, Tae. I’m saying, make sure the feelings are real before you act on them. I’m saying, make sure he feels the same way you do.” Namjoon’s voice is somber, and although it hurts to hear the words, Taehyung appreciates his friend's candor.

“Thank you, hyung. These words may not be what I wanted to hear, but they were one hundred percent what I needed to hear. I will be careful, but I’m not shutting the door on this. I have a feeling about Min Yoongi, and I want to see where it leads.”

“I support you, Taehyung. Always. You know this.”

“Thank you, Namjoon hyung. I’m going to try and get some sleep. I’m sorry for disrupting yours.” He at least has the decency to feel somewhat guilty.

“It’s okay Taehyung, it’s what hyungs are for. Rest well,” Namjoon tells him before disconnecting the line.

 

“Appa, Appa,” Inna greets Taehyung with an enthusiastic hug. “Uncle Hungee is gonna take me to the park, right uncle, Hungee?” Inna turns to face him, and Yoongi covers his mouth with his hand to hide his smile.

“That’s right, Inni. I mean, if it’s okay with your appa,” he adds, realizing he hasn’t confirmed with Taehyung he has permission to take the little girl off the premises.

“The park?”

“Mmm,” Yoongi hums. “I noticed there’s one very close by on the bus ride in. It’s a lovely day out, and I thought it would be nice to take Inni out for some fresh air and to play with children her own age.”

“That does sound lovely. I don’t really have time to take her outside very often. I sometimes put her in a jogging stroller when I go for a run, but my schedule does not allow for park play dates. This is an excellent idea, Yoongi-sshi.” Yoongi smiles at his boss, pleased that his idea has been approved.

“Can Nini take her tricycle?” the four-year-old pleads.

“That should be fine, Inni. Why don’t you go to the bathroom and start washing up. Uncle Yoongi will be there in a bit to help you, okay?”

“Yay, the park! Nini is gonna ride bikes, and play with birdies, and, and, and build a sand castle, and-” the little girl continues her list as she runs down the hall.

“I-I wanted to apologize for yesterday,” Yoongi starts, turning slowly to face his boss once he’s sure Inna has made it the bathroom safely. “I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable in any wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter