Oh! - Woogyu

Resonant Melody

Song: Oh! by Girls Generation

Kpop or Jpop: Kpop

Ship: Woogyu

Type of AU/Universe: College!AU

Rated?: Only if you consider a slight and quick mention of someone getting a hard-on looking at a guy crossdressing rated lol which i do not, so for me it's a no

Idea: And yet again, this is from the series of songs that came on shuffle while i was trying to get inspired and BAM! I made this lol This is a mix of woohyun being so good at rock paper scissors on Showtime + Woohyun being a soccer player + Sunggyu being his pride stubborn self + my dream of seeing Sunggyu crossdressing + the great cheerleader concept GG had in Oh! :3

I'll be posting a striper!hyun oneshot on gyu's birthday on friday, so look forward to that ❤

Feedback please?


 

 

Sunggyu might have let his guard down this one time at Sungyeol’s dorm room. And he might have said – like the stubborn and proud bastard hyung he is, as Sungjong labeled him – that if Woohyun was drunk enough, he could win against him seven times in a row on rock-paper-scissors, each round for everyone in their little group. They bet on it.

And he might have challenged a very drunk Woohyun on the next campus party they went to and lost all the rounds. He clearly remembers the way Dongwoo wouldn’t stop laughing about him losing even though the younger boy was wasted to the point his hand almost didn’t hold the shapes of the objects of the game, in contradiction to Sunggyu’s very much sober – and embarrassed – state.

And Myungsoo just might have all of that recorded on his camera and very carefully hidden so that Sunggyu won’t smash it on the ing ground in order to not be accountable for his punishment for losing the bet.

Sunggyu also remembers Howon asking him why couldn’t he simply forget about the whole thing and not go through with Sungyeol’s plans. But the answer to Howon’s reasoning is simple, really. Like mentioned before – and like Sungjong always made it a mission to remind him at times like this –, Kim Sunggyu is a rather stubborn and proud person, and we all know that a proud person does not back away from a promise. Especially if Sungyeol is involved.

And all of that leads to Sunggyu’s current predicament.

 

 

“Why are the shorts so short?” Sunggyu asks in a baffled tone, holding the clothing item between his fingers with disgust.

“Because that’s the actual costume! Hyung, have you never seen the Oh! MV? Seriously.” Sungjong replies with a scoff, flipping his long blond hair in pure annoyance. “Just be grateful it was me that made it, because Mijoo really wanted to make a short, school girl type of pleated skirt when she heard about the bet.”

And to that, Sunggyu mutters a small thank you to the fashion major in front of him. His situation is already bad enough with the white shorts, white cropped long-sleeve top, pink cap and pink knee-high boots. He definitely doesn’t need it to get worse. He sighs as heavily as humanly possible and starts to get changed. “Howon, pass me the vodka. I need it.”

His other friend steps up to him, eyebrows arched high enough to disappear underneath his fringe, an amused look in his eyes. “You can still forget about this whole thing and just not do it, you know,” Howon states matter-of-factly while handing him a shot glass full of the alcoholic beverage he held in one of his hands.

“We both know Sungyeol is not going to let me live in peace if I don’t do it. This is still better than enduring that for the next two years.” He explains after putting the shorts on, gulping the shot in one go. “Fill it up again, please.”

 

 

After completely changing into his Girl’s Generation cosplay and downing seven more shots – again, one for each person of his beloved group of friends –, he feels ready. Or as close to ready as he’s ever going to get. That might have something to do with the alcohol already making its way to his head, or it just might be because he already feels overly embarrassed under the catcalls of the soccer team’s cheerleaders as he approaches them, so he thinks it cannot possibly get any worse than that.

“Sunggyu! Look at you!” Hani half-screams excitedly in her high-pitched voice, making him flinch and duck his head a little lower under his cap. “You look awesome! Who would know you had such beautiful legs!”

“I know, right?! I’m a hundred percent sure Woohyun is finally going to ask him out now!” Bomi answers just as hyper, giving Sunggyu a small slap on the . He wishes he brought Howon along, or at least the bottle of vodka, because he really needs more shots. Or a hole on the ground where he can shove his head in. Yea, that would work too.

Unaware of his inner struggle, Bomi continues. “Both of you are too slow. You should actually thank Sungyeol for planning this. Woohyun looked quite excited when Yeol said you would give him a present if he made a goal.”

“I just checked the field a couple of minutes ago, and he already has two fouls for his attempts at stealing the ball away from the other team. He looks quite desperate. I’m happy we can help you. This is great!” Hani comments between giggles, and some of the other cheerleaders follow her example.

He swears he would have just given up the whole thing by now, like Howon suggested earlier, if Sungyeol hadn’t already dragged so many people into it – Woohyun knows about it, Sungjong made him the costume, Hani and Bomi convinced the other cheerleaders to let him join them on the goal choreography, and he has already practiced with them and everything. He feels a burning sensation on his cheeks as he recalls what he’ll have to do. God, can you please just kill me-

He can’t even complain in peace when the screams coming from the field rise in a way that make him not able to hear his own thoughts. He finally looks up when he sees most of the cheerleaders walk down the tunnel to get to the source of sound. He waits eagerly to hear the game’s announcer shout the name of the goal maker. He really wants to get this done with already and then proceed to go burn these clothes as soon as possible somewhere far, far away.

“Aaaaaaand the first goal is from Nam Woohyun of our beautiful Woollim University! Way to go, Nam! Now it’s 1 Woollim, 0 Jellyfish” Oh, thank god.

But before Sunggyu could start walking, Hani and Bomi each take one of his arms between their own and start walking towards the field. He doesn’t have enough time to think before he is blinded with the sudden burst of light coming into his vision from the huge pole-lights scattered around the bleachers.

When Sunggyu is finally able to see properly again, he notices he is already lined up with the other cheerleaders in a row on the side of the soocer field. The fated Girl’s Generation song starts playing through the speakers, and he braces himself. Damn you, Sungyeol.

As hot as his cheeks feels, Sunggyu does the chorus choreography with the other girls with a embarrassed smile on his face and his face not as hidden as he would like it to be. He has pride after all, and if he is already doing it, he might as well try to do the whole thing right.

As the choreography reaches its end, he looks over to the players on the field. His eyes eagerly search for Woohyun. Maybe the other hadn’t seen him?

Not really, since the younger’s eyes are as big as Sunggyu has ever seen them, his gaze fixed on Sunggyu – and Sunggyu only –, while his mouth hangs wide open. The elder is about to run out of there for the sake of what’s left of his dignity when he starts hearing some problematic shouting coming from behind him on the bleachers. He turns over.

“WORK IT HYUNG! MYUNGSOO, DID YOU FILM IT? WOOHYUN IS GOING TO PAY LOTS FOR IT LATER!”

He should have been a little less of a stubborn and proud hyung bastard and listened to Howon. He snaps back to look over one more time to the field before fleeing as quickly as possible.

As far as he could see, Woohyun is still in the same position, looking like a rather hot and sweaty statue. He would look like a perfect .jpg if Sunggyu hadn’t seen a volume in his sports’ shorts getting bigger by the second.

Oh god, you son of a .

Sunggyu bolts out of there, his mind running just as quick as his booted legs can handle while pondering his choices – smash Myungsoo’s camera, murder Sungyeol and burn the clothes? Or burn Myungsoo’s camera, smash Sungyeol on some pretty hard surface and murder the clothes?

….Maybe murder Myungsoo’s camera, smash the clothes and burn Sungyeol?

Hm. That sounds like a plan.