Chapter Two

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

“Youngjae-hyung, what are you looking for in the internet?” Bambam asked. It was a Saturday morning and Bambam was eating breakfast in the Choi household. He had been doing it for almost a year and the whole family didn’t mind at all. Bambam loved spending in Youngjae’s house; Mrs. Choi’s home-cooked meals were the best and it would always remind him of home. The Choi family was kind and warm and he was more than grateful and blessed to have them in their life. That was why in return, he vowed to protect his hyung.

That morning when he noticed his friend deep in thoughts and sighing for a couple of times, he couldn’t help but be curious.

Youngjae put down his phone and replied. “Two more months before our anniversary and I want to give him a present. There are a couple of items that I think he would love but the prices are no joke! It costs an arm and a leg you know.”

“Does it matter? I mean from what I can read, your boyfriend isn’t a materialistic guy. I bet even if you gift him with fried chicken he would still gladly accept it.”

Youngjae tried to hold back his laughter and started hitting Bambam’s arm. “Yah!”

“But you know that’s not a joke hyung!”. Youngjae shook his head.

“I know but it isn’t just an ordinary day. It’s our anniversary and I want to prepare something special for him.” He pouted. “But I need money”. After a minute of silence he grabbed his phone again and typed, “Part. Time. Jobs.”

Bambam’s eyes widened and grabbed Youngjae’s arm. “Are you seriously considering getting a part time job?”

“I need funds, so why not? Oh I found one! It’s for a newspaper”.

“Does it say what company it is?”

“It’s anonymous. It just says ‘ Wanted: male, college students are welcome to apply. Willing to work at night. Salary: 1 000 000 Won?” Youngjae’s eyes grew wide and he giggled. “I hit the jackpot Bambam! The money is enough for me to buy a present for hyung!”

Bambam snatched Youngjae’s phone from his hand and gave him a look of disgust. “Are you nuts? It sounds creepy? Whose sane employer would give a salary that high? And the work is at night? No. Not that job!”

Youngjae frowned. He folded his arms and started sulking. “But I am desperate.” 

Bambam felt sorry towards his friend. He sighed and started patting his back.”I will contact a friend. Let’s see if he can help us”.

Upon hearing that, Youngjae stopped sulking and embraced Bambam. “Thank you Bam! You are the best!” He made a smooching sound.

“Stop being so touchy hyung!” He pretended to be annoyed by pushing Youngjae away from him but the older guy didn’t back away.

“But I’m really thankful!”

“Hyung! I have yet to ask. That doesn’t mean there is, okay?”

But Youngjae was getting excited with the idea. “C’mon! Send your friend a message now! Hurry!”

“Wait!” He read aloud his text message. ‘Hi hyung, Bambam here. Would you know a part-time job vacancy? If there is one, send me a message. A friend of mine needs help. Thank you’. He turned to Youngjae and made a face. “Satisfied?” The older one nodded his head and gave Bambam his signature otter smile.

Three minutes later, Bambam’s phone dinged.

“Is that him, your friend? What did he say?”

“Oh hyung! He says the café needs one more worker! So, will you give it a go?” Bambam asked.

“Of course!” But Youngjae noticed Bambam’s silence. He looked at him in the eye and sensed hesitancy in his friend’s voice. “Bambam, is something wrong?”

“Err… not really hyung but… this place. Uhm, do you remember the café I used to serve in last summer?”

“Hmm…” Youngjae tried to remember, “The one that made you miserable?”

Bambam nodded. “It is… this café. My friend is the owner’s buddy.”

Youngjae straightened his clothes and sat properly. He was kinda familiar with that café given that Bambam had ranted about the owner’s rude personality. He felt scared, of course. Yet he really needed a job as soon as possible.

“The owner really looks so handsome but his attitude is rotten you know. But hyung, if you can look past that, I suggest you accept this job.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter