Sehun

Flirtationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter Two [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

I never expected to see her this close since she avoided me two years ago.

I realized that Soojung always turned away when our gazes locked and I did not bother to ask her about that. I did not know what her problem with me, but I seriously did not want her to hate me more than this. I did not deny it that I was curious of the reason she doing this one‒sidedly. I did not think too much about her crush confession to me that time too. I made it clear to her that we did not match each other and she even smiled at me, so that meant everything should be fine, right?

When Ms. Han, the counselor teacher, came to me and asked me to tutor this particular student, I was surprised to hear Soojung’s name rolled out from . I wondered if Soojung would want to do it, the tutoring session, I meant. After all, she avoided me the whole two years.

But much to my dismay, she really came to the Library and greeted me as usual. I noticed that she did not talk about our past so I helped her by pretended that it never happened. We talked about the school lesson and then she shared this really weird story about the girls locker room being haunted by a ert ghost because whenever the girls were changing, they could hear some grunts and voice that barely audible. I listened as she spoke animatedly before cut her and reminded her why we were here for.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “God, I almost think you forget about the tutoring.”

“You almost lure me into ditching the tutoring,” I smiled nicely at her. “Now tell me where are the difficult part about today’s lesson. I’ll have you answer a simple test I made last night before we going back.”

She groaned and dejectedly took out her textbook. “No matter how hard Mr. Lim glared at me in his class, I failed to understand what he taught me about.” She grumbled nosily while opening the textbook and I frowned when she did not even take out her notebook. “Wait, you didn’t take any note in class?”

“Do I look like I did?” She asked me back with an innocent blink. But when she saw my face turned grim, she furrowed her brows slightly and leaned closer worriedly. “Oh my God, you’re not mad at me, don’t you?”

I was certain that I was not mad at her but I could not say that I approved her action too. Student dozing off in a class had been something that I hated since I was a kid. It was like they did not appreciate teachers efforts and mocked them.

“You need to start taking notes in the next lesson, Soojung.” I said after a while and she nodded cautiously. “O‒okay.”

I began the lesson by teaching her everything from the start slowly. She kept nodding her head everytime I asked her if she understood but I knew the truth. She did that so this tutoring session could end soon.

I was in the middle of explaining about how to count the mass of an object but she was looking at distance.

I sighed before closed the book and turned to fully face her. “Soojung, do you even listening to me now?”

I could see she rolled her eyes at me. “Sehun, it’s been a long hour. Why don’t we take a nice break? Oh, that actually sounds really great.”

I gave her a disapproval look and when I thought it would not work, she suddenly exclaiming, “Fine, sorry for asking the impossible.”

She looked really tired and I felt guilty all of sudden. A short break would not take much time, right?

“Okay, you can go and come back here in fifteen minutes.” I picked up my phone on the table and unlocked it to see the time. “You better go back here or I’ll search for you everywhere.” I reprimanded her and she made a salute gesture at me. “Yes, Sir.”

She left the Library in an instant with long strides. I collected her belonging and putted them together neatly. As far as I remembered, she was the neat type. My phone was ringing not too long after and I saw Joohyun’s name flashed on the screen. I smiled to myself and picked up the call.

“Hey, handsome.” She greeted me cheerfully. I could practically see her eyes gleamed from here.

“Hey, beautiful.” I replied her with the same tone and heard the giggled escaped from her lips. “What’s up?”

“Nothing, just want to tell you that I got in the new agency, Sehun. That one I told you last week, remember? Everything was going well and I’ve finalized my contract today.”

My brain started to rack the memories of our date last week and I did recall that she said something about getting a modeling offer in a popular agency. I immediately brightened up for her, I was happy for her.

“That’s really great, Joo. Do you want to go out tonight and celebrate it together?”

I heard her distressed sigh from the other line. “Sorry, I had a plan already for the night. The agency is holding a party for the newcomers so I really need to attend it.” She stopped and I waited for her to continue. “Uh, how about the day after tomorrow? I think I’m free that day.”

I already sensed that the day after tomorrow something was going to ruin our date, but I did not say it out loud. I kept it within myself. “Okay, then. Just let me know tomorrow, okay?”

“Yeah, of course. Text me when you’re home, okay?”

“Okay. Take care‒”

The call ended without a proper goodbye and I told myself to understand her condition. It was not the first time she did this and I knew that she had her own reason. I did not want to argue over a petty thing and risked our two years relationship. I valued this relationship so much to the point of sacrificing anything as long as I got to keep Joohyun by my side.

Joohyun had been busier each day and we barely went out together nowadays. It all started last year when we had a date at a Mall. A talent scout discovered her and asked if she interested to be featured in a music video for a rookie boyband. The group was not that popular back then but after Joohyun appeared in their music video, they were. People began to recognize the group and to be very honest, their songs were not that bad. Not my type of music but for people who liked upbeat music surely would love their songs.

Her popularity arose from there and people began to ask who was this pretty girl in the music video. Some people even came to Joohyun’s university and watched her from outside the class. It was kind out of control at that time. We could not go out freely and she had to wear a mask and a cap on our dates.

Then after that offer, came another one. This time it was a sport drink advertisement. Many people noticed that Joohyun had a natural talent in front of the camera and more offer came then. She once told me that she liked the jobs and that the payment was great. She could buy anything that she wished to before without even asking her parents now and she wanted to keep doing it after she graduated from college later.

I supported her at that time, thinking that I could be more than happy if I saw her eyes sparkled brightly when she talked about her jobs. But I never expected that the consequence was losing our time and slowly drifting apart. I was only hoping that her  feeling for me would not fade in the process.

I unlocked my phone again and Soojung was still nowhere in my sight so I stood up and searched for her.

“Man, I tried to call you yesterday and why you didn’t pick it up?” Chanyeol dropped his bag onto the table next to me and sat on the chair with a loud thump. “Where’s your English homework?”

“Good morning to you too.” I rolled my eyes while taking the book out from my bag and handed it to him. He grabbed it quickly and opened the page, ready to copy my work. I just let him be because it was not the first time he did that. This routine had been going on for eleven years between us.

Chanyeol was smart actually. There was no way that he placed into an advanced class along with me if he did not understand anything. It just only he spent most of his time playing around and doing stupid thing that he forgot about all the school duties he had.

Compared to me, Chanyeol was more carefree. And I envied him for that.

“Oh, right, I wanted to ask you about this,” He said while copying my homework. “You got called yesterday by Ms. Han to tutor the problematic student, didn’t you?”

I nodded, catching where this talk would lead. “It was Soojung, your cousin’s friend.”

He suddenly stopped writing and gave me a glare. “What a lucky bastard. I want to be the tutor if it was her.”

I laughed at him dryly. Actually, Ms. Han appointed us two to teach the student who failed their mid exam, but Chanyeol declined the request and after deliberately making excuses, Ms. Han finally let him go and searched for another student to replace him.

“I didn’t know that it was Soojung at first, but Ms. Han assigned me to tutor her.”

“Dude, why didn’t you tell me?” He grunted dramatically, it was not a secret that he had a thing for her. “Remind me again, what excuse did I tell her that time?”

I snorted at him. “Beat me, I forgot about that.”

He grumbled under his breath while continuing to write down my answers on his book.

“Joohyun called me yesterday,” I played with my phone by tossing it back and forth between my hands. “She got accepted to that agency.”

He stopped writing and fixed his gaze on me with a raised brow. “Isn’t that good? I always knew your girlfriend could totally be a model since long time ago.”

I sighed as I glanced at Chanyeol nervously. “Well, that’s good…for her. But, you know, our relationship seem to drift away. We barely saw each other these past few months.” I my dry lips. I told him about this some other day but I thought he must be forgetting about this. “Last week when we finally got to meet each other, she had to leave early for a commercial shooting. Don’t you think there’s something wrong with my relationship?”

He rested his hands on the desk and placed his fist on his cheek, trying to absorb the information probably. “In othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter