Soojung

Flirtationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter One [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Having Sehun sat across of me inside the school library had been one of my high school fantasy. Had been, noted that past tense. I hated him ever since he rejected me in the most embarrassing way with all of my soul and still did.

No one ever rejected me in the past except him. To say that my pride hurt was an understatement. I was badly hurt and even though I was not bleeding, I could see red on my chest because his words went through my heart liked a sharp knife stabbed on it.

Excuse me for my rambling, but it just lit a fire inside me whenever Sehun brought on the topic and yes, it was partially my fault because I was the first one to talk about him. Now you must be wondering what kind of sin he committed that made me hated him this much. Well, if you insisted, let’s just went back to the first year of high school.

2 years ago.

It was a sunny Monday, sweat trickled down on my skin as usual because I was not an exactly Summer kind of girl. I preferred Winter, if you ever curious about it. The Summer uniform made it even more annoying as it clung tightly on my body and I could not stay away from the class that provided me a cooling air conditioners.

On the lunch break, a tall boy walked inside the class, followed with another tall boy behind him and God, he was dead drop handsome. The first tall boy was Chanyeol with his signature charming smile and chestnut coma hair. I was already familiar with him as he was Jiyeon’s cousin and I had seen him few times before when I went to Jiyeon’s house. Not to mention that he tried to hit on me, too. He was quite the playboy, I admitted. If only he was not Jiyeon’s cousin, I might take his offer and deepened our relationship by now.

Now let’s talk about the second tall boy.

He had a black jet hair with fair skin and round spectacles hung on the bridge of his pointy nose. His uniform tucked orderly compared to Chanyeol’s messy one. I assumed one‒sidedly that he was a nerd, a hot one, apparently. I could see the muscles flexed on his arms as his hands crossed across his chest, a lazy expression planted on his face. It seemed like Chanyeol forcefully dragged his friend to my class.

“Ji, do you bring your English textbook?” Was Chanyeol’s first word to Jiyeon who sat in front of me. He was calling Jiyeon’s name but I could see where his gaze lingered. I gave him a small smile so I did not look rude or anything.

Jiyeon then turned to me after realizing that her cousin was flirting again with me and rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you give him yours? I swear he is here only to see you.”

I chuckled at her. Jiyeon was sharp and blunt. She never really meant to offend anyone but it just the way she talked and I liked her for those qualities of her.

“Actually, I’m borrowing it for my friend here.” Chanyeol grinned and moved closer toward my desk, his long hand reached out to pull his friend. “This is Sehun, and Sehun, that annoying one is my cousin, Jiyeon while the other one is my girlfriend, Soojung.”

I snorted playfully and punched his arm. “Nice try, Chanyeol. Hi, Sehun, it’s nice to meet you and here is my English textbook.” I gave the book to him and he bowed a little to me before muttering, “Thanks. I’ll return it later after school.”

“Nice to know you, Sehun.” Jiyeon replied with a polite smile, the one she kept for a new people in her life before it turned to a smirk if you getting to know her more. “I’ll give you a helpful suggestion, though. Soojung hates it when people fold the corner of her book. You better keep it neat, okay?”

I did hate it when someone did that to my book. But strangely enough, I was thinking I don’t mind if it’s you at that time.

He nodded at Jiyeon’s piece of advice and turned to look at me. “I’ll remember that. Anything else, Soojung?”

The way my name rolled out from his lips was awkward but it made my heart skipped a beat. His voice was not too husky but still there was gentleness in it. I decided that if his voice could be my alarm sound every morning, I could wake up with a goofy grin everyday.

“No, it’s fine. Oh, on a second thought, it’ll be nice of you if you write your phone number behind the cover page.” I added half‒joking and half‒serious in my flirty manner and I could see Jiyeon narrowed her eyes at me, probably thinking that I grew another head on me.

“Okay, then. Thanks once again.” He bowed his head to me and dragged Chanyeol out from my class even before he could bid goodbye to me. I watched his left dreamily but paused when his reply earlier rang inside my head.

“He said okay, so he’ll definitely write his number, right?” I asked Jiyeon across of me and she shrugged. “I think the okay he meant was okay for not ruining your book, no?”

I frowned at her because I also thought the same. “Be more supportive, you .”

I was waiting for Sehun inside my class alone after school. Bomi and Jiyeon left first because they had a Taekwondo practice. I was scrolling through my instagram feed when someone cleared his throat and distracted me. It was him.

“Here is your book and I make sure to not fold anything on it, thank you.”

I took it from his hand carefully and opened the backside of the cover page. It was clean and my brows furrowed slightly, trying hard not to look over annoyed. “Where is your number?”

He looked surprised for a moment as his eyes grew wider. “What?”

“I told you earlier to write your number here.” I pointed to the page I was looking with a pout on my lips. This expression of mine was proven to be effective to melt everyone heart, even the school Principal too. I got to skip one or two detention before because of this and I swore to upgrade it into something more powerful because he was immune to the old version nowadays.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t share my number with stranger.” He said to me softly, it was like he afraid to insult me or anything, which I was already, actually. “Listen, I’m really grateful for your book, but sorry, I just can’t share my number with you.”

And he left me speechless after that.

I shoved the book angrily inside my bag, not caring if it damaged or not. Cursing words came out from my lips liked a magic spell. I ignored the weird look from the other students who passed by me and made my way noisily to the parking place.

The first reaction I got from Jiyeon the next day was a loud laugh. Meanwhile, Bomi blinked her eyes, totally dumbfounded by the sudden information because she actually did not know anything about me lending Sehun an English textbook.

“Y‒you were out during lunch break…Chanyeol came with his friend named Sehun...” Jiyeon explained between her laugh and despite how poor it was, Bomi understood this.

“How is he looks like?” Bomi asked curiously. “Is he that good?”

“Kind of nerdy, but handsome nonetheless,” Jiyeon did the favor for answering to the question. “And I guarantee you one hundred percent that he didn’t have any interest in you, Sooj.”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks for that, captain obvious.”

Jiyeon placed her hand on my shoulder. “Come on, I don’t think he is that type you can mess with. Find someone from the basketball club or something, someone wild and fun.”

“Jesus, Ji, do you think I only want to mess around with him?” I hissed in annoyance. Jiyeon also could be dumb once in a while. “I really am interested in him and I don’t really care if he isn’t that wild or fun. I just want it to be him.”

“Don’t be silly, Sooj. Remember that you only met him yesterday.” Bomi stated and Jiyeon nodded in agreement. “What do you plan after you get his number?”

I raised my shoulders nonchalantly while tilting my head to the side. “Text him or call him, maybe?”

“And after that ask him out on a date?” Jiyeon offered jokingly but I nodded seriously. “I might if he wants to.”

Bomi gasped after realization struck on her brain. “You really fall for him, don’t you?”

“No freaking way!” Jiyeon followed after and all I could do was blushing. Perfect.

“Jesus, why don’t you say so? I can ask Chanyeol for help.” Jiyeon smirked as if she was a total genius and I groaned, did not I already tell them that since a long minute ago?

“Nope, I don’t want Chanyeol to meddle with my business.” I deadpanned. “What between us shall stay platonic and I don’t want to owe him anything.”

“Are you sure?” Bomi’s brow rose. “But it’s like, the only chance you have to get Sehun’s number.”

I nodded and grinned. “One hundred percent sure.”

They looked at each other before shrugged and Bomi gave me a reassuring smile.

“Good luck, Sooj.”

I tried my luck another day when I saw Sehun sat alone inside the library.

It was still a study hour but he was alone in here and I bit back my growing smile. I was supposed to grab some book that Mr. Kim asked for his class but a short conversation would not take too long, right?

“Hey,” I smiled at him and he acknowledged my presence with a curt nod. “What are you doing here alone?”

“Reading a book,” He tilted the book at me so I could see what he was reading now. It was a good progress. “What about you?”

“Mr. Kim asked me to borrow some book for his class.” I pulled the chair beside him slowly but he stopped me with his hand. “Wait, what are you doing?”

I blinked my eyes innocently. “Uh, sitting next to you? Am I not allowed to?”

He immediately shook his head. “That’s not what I mean, sorry. But don’t you have a class to attend?”

I rolled my eyes inwardly and bit my cheeks to prevent a string of curse escaped from my mouth. “Do you hate me that much, Sehun?”

I could see he was as surprised as me with that sudden question.

“Soojung, I don’t have a reason to hate you.” He explained carefully as I was a toddler. “But you have a class and the teacher is waiting for you.”

I turned away and sighed heavily. God, was he always this dense?

“Soojung?” He called me with a hint of doubt in his voice. “Hey, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to‒”

“You know what, I think you’re absolutely right.” I decided to interrupt him before he could let out a useless apologize again. “Now please excuse my annoying presence and do enjoy your book, Oh Sehun.”

I swirled my foot as fast as I could and asked the librarian about the books that Mr. Kim wanted. She kindly took them for me and I thanked her quietly. I left the library after casted one final look to Sehun who miraculously looking at me while I doing so. I made sure he could see the scowl on my face and haunted by me in his every dream.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter