Make It Up to You

Fever

 

Seohyun just swore at herself and sat down on the bed.

“Aish how could I be so stupid?” She told herself with her palm on her face. Her cellphone then rang.

“Yobeoseoyo?” she answered weakly and carelessly.

“Is this Seohyun? We were looking for you. Why didn’t you come?” the girl on the end asked.

Seohyun then realized it was the accounting firm she had applied for.

“Nae. Mianhae! I was so busy I—I..I” Seohyun was at loss for words.

“Hmm.. Seohyun-ssi, we have an open slot this afternoon would you like to come?” the girl asked.

Seohyun felt relieved. But not until she heard Yonghwa coughing loudly in the bathroom and as if he was vomiting. She couldn’t handle it. She had to make it up for her love.

“I would love to come, Ms….?”

“Ms. Hwang!” the woman said.

“Ms. Hwang, I would love to come but you see, my husband is sick with a very high fever, I need to look after him. It’s okay if you can’t see me, I’m pretty sure there are better out there.” Seohyun said confidently not regretting anything she said.

Ms. Hwang was surprised by her thoughtfulness.

“Seohyun-ssi?” Ms. Hwang said.

“Nae?”

“You can meet me whenever you like and have time. Make sure that your husband gets better before you come here so that he can cheer you on!  Just call me anytime.” Ms. Hwang said.

“Jinjja?” Seohyun was really happy now. “Thank you Ma’am!” and she hung up excitingly.

She quickly changed into simple shorts and a big loose shirt. Yonghwa then suddenly came out of the bathroom. She noticed this and hugged him as she saw him.

“Yong, Mianhae! I didn’t mean to! I’m really sorry!” she kept apologizing while burying her face on his chest.

Yonghwa smiled gently and patted her head. “Nae. Hyun.” He said softly. Seohyun realizes he had vomited and was still weak. She guided him to the bed and layed him softly. “Yong?” she said. “Nae?” replied. “Do you want me to lay besides you?” she asked. Yonghwa smiled. “Nae.”

Seohyun lied down besides her husband and faced him, putting a palm on his face. He was already asleep again. He was snoring a bit. She just chuckled before she quickly gave the sleeping man a peck on the lips.

She then also fell asleep for awhile since she was also tired. When she woke up, she realized she was the only one lying down. Her husband was nowhere to be found.

“Where is he?” she thought. She looked at the time and was surprised when she slept throughout the whole afternoon. It was already 7:30 pm. The door then opened.

A man who had a very thick jacket wearing a scarf with only his eyes not covered. She quickly went up to Yonghwa and scolded him.

“Jung Yonghwa! Why did you leave when you yourself know you have a fever?” she scolded while taking off his coats.

“Calm down Hyun, I only bought some medicine since the one you bought was only for sample. It contained only one drop pabo.” He said as he poked his finger on Seohyun’s head.

“yah! You could’ve just woke me up you know!” she said.

“Nae, I would have but what you said awhile ago was still ringing in my mind.” He said with a pout while sitting on the bed again.

“Aish.. I told you that I didn’t mean it.” Seohyun said.

Then their stomachs growled.

“I forgot I didn’t eat anything today.” Seohyun reminded herself and looked at Yonghwa. “Yong, what do you want to eat?” she asked.

“Hmmm.. anything is okay for me.” He answered.

“Okay, I’ll be right back. Just lie down for awhile.” She said as she went out to the kitchen.

Seohyun then dialed her another one of her friends for help.

“Yobeoseoyo?” the girl answered.

“Jessica-unnie! What’s a nice healthy meal I can make for Yonghwa?” she asked.

“Meal? I think porridge is a good idea.” Jessica answered.

“Porridge? That seems nice, but I don’t know how to make one. Can you teach me unnie?” Seohyun asked again.

“Uhhhh…. Well….” Jessica was nervous since she didn’t really know how to cook.

Seohyun then started to use her aegyo. “Unnie? Ppwetty pwease?” she said as cute as possible.

Jessica hated aegyo. “aish alright.” She gave up.

“Yey!” Seohyun exclaimed. She listed down the different ingredients and instructions for her to use.

*after one hour*

Seohyun sighed in defeat looking at her almost poisonous porridge, or if it was really a porridge.

Yonghwa then came in. “Hyun? It’s already been an hour. Are you finished?” he asked as he tried to approach her.

“Aniyo!” she shouted while covering her porridge from Yonghwa.

“Wae?” he asked as he tried to see what she was blocking. She still wasn’t letting him see and he got a bit irritated. He gripped her hands and pulled her down to the chair.

“Just stay here.” He said while walking towards the porridge.

“What’s this?” he asked when he looked at some yellow-ish soup.

“Goguma Porridge. You don’t have to eat it if don’t want.” She said as she looked away crossing her arms and legs.

Yonghwa chuckled silently. He didn’t know if he was gonna eat it or not. He still had a slight fever but he was much better than this morning.

He took a spoonful of it and put it into his mouth. He almost choked and vomited, but he kept eating it until there was nothing left.

Seohyun was surprised to see him finish the whole thing. He forced out a smile at her. But she could pretty tell he just forced it because he looked like he was gonna throw up any minute.

After a few minutes, Yonghwa quickly dashed to the bathroom and Seohyun just sighed. She washed the dishes and went back to their room. Yonghwa just came back from the bathroom.

“You could stop smiling you know.” She said and sighed.

“………” she heard no response.

“It’s pretty late already. If you want your fever to be gone, then sleep.” She said but before she knew it she was pinned down to the bed.

“Yonghwa!” she snapped at him but before she could say anything again, his lips crashed unto hers.

She didn’t kiss back at first as she was trying to get out of his grip but he just tried to make it deeper every time she did so. She finally gave up and starting kissing him back.

The kiss ended after 2 minutes. They pulled away from each other as they grasped for air.

“Jung! What was that for?” she asked while slapping his hand. He didn’t answer. She looked over him and found out he was asleep again.

She sighed again.  She decided to just go to sleep.

*next morning*

Seohyun was slowly waking up until a big bounce shot her eyes wide open. Yonghwa was already jumping up and down on their bed just like before.

She was a bit annoyed but ignored it and just smiled as she knew her husband was not sick anymore. Yonghwa noticed she was awake and gave her a quick good morning kiss.

“Hyun! I’m not sick anymore!” he said while being choding again.

“I could tell that.” She told him. Seohyun finally decided to tell him what she had wanted to say.

“Yong?” she called him. “Nae?” he said as he faced her.

Soon as he faced her, Seohyun bear hugged him to the bed. “Yah! I’m going to be in Korea’s largest accounting firm!” she said excitingly.

Yonghwa was surprised by this. “Jinjja?! That’s great news!” he said as he turned her over to make sure he was on top of her again. “But..” he continued.

“But what?” she asked curiously. “You weren’t seeing another man?” he asked embarrassingly. Seohyun was shocked when she heard this. “Pabo Yah! Why would I?!” she said as she slapped his arm hard.

“Jinjja? I thought you were seeing another man so I had many doubts what were you trying to hide from me the last few days. I was working out more so that maybe you could reconsider me again. Aish.. I think I got the fever when I was jogging in the rain.” He said innocently but honestly.

Seohyun was shocked by what he said.  She didn’t know whether to be angry or compassionate. But she made up her mind and started to lean her face closer to his.

She kissed him softly but broke away immediately before hitting his head.

“YAH! DON’T EVER THINK LIKE THAT! ARE YOU MAKING ME REGRET OUR MARRIAGE? ARE YOU HAVING DOUBTS ABOUT ME? MAYBE WHAT I SAID BEFORE WAS TRUE” she said furiously.

“Mianhae Mianhae!” Yonghwa said bowing.

She just chuckled at him. Of course she was lying about what she said. She gave him a kiss again.

“Seohyunnie?” Yonghwa said in between the kisses.

“Nae?” she said.

“Do you want to continue what we did last night?” he asked while smirking.

Seohyun broke the kiss and stood up headed towards the bathroom. “No dear.” She answered as she looked back at him.

“Really?” he said pouting.

She giggled at his expression. “Yah! Later night pabo! I need to go to the interview!” she said as she entered the bathroom and closed the door.

Yonghwa just continued smiling at the bathroom door. Anyways, he knew she’d be his again for tonight. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Wasn't this sweet? hehe I'm pretty sure you know who Ms. Hwang is right? I hope U enjoyed reading this! It's a short story but I love it :)What do you think?  Please do comment and Thank You readers ^^