Kill With Kindness

A Trap (Boomerang's Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aish...what should I do?" she mumbled.

 

She was about to call Baekhyun when suddenly the main door of the cafe widely opens, revealing someone coming out of the place. Without having time to avoid each other, Kyungsoo's big eyes had got like saucers while having unexpected eye contact with the person in front of her.

 

~

 

Kyungsoo grew up in a very lovely family who was fond of working hard and respecting others. Her father was a local musician but needed to stop doing such things after he got spinal surgery due to spinal tuberculosis years ago. Her mother was a house wife but then opened a small café around a corner of Ilsandong. They were the ones who taught Kyungsoo and her younger brother, Myungsoo, to be lovable and very hard working.

 

Kyungsoo had been dreaming to be the one who always supported her family to feel contented and happy. This was the only reason why she preferred to struggle living in Seoul while her family enjoyed their life in Ilsan. Though it was grueling at first but her determination kept all the pressures away. Being the development manager of Taste It! café and helping it grow wider were two of those things that Kyungsoo had planned to make the dream come true. However, being madly in love with its CEO had never crossed her mind.

 

The day when she was first introduced to the reputable Park Chanyeol was exactly the 1000th day she had been working in the café. She had heard quite a lot about the Casanova before and luckily, or unluckily, experienced what other females had; got trapped by his charm in a snap. Working under his guidance did not seem to help her at all. Kyungsoo then realized that every single day she spent with him even just for discussing about work had made her fall deeply into the most sufferable yet happiest feeling she had ever felt.

 

Another thing which was never listed in her plan was the fact that the CEO was as madly in love as her. She was even in tears when Chanyeol asked her out for the first time because she thought it was a dream, made her slapped her chubby cheek hard so suddenly. Kyungsoo had never been that happy in her life. That was a different level of happiness which made her go stupid and ignore a possibility that happiness might not be lasted for a long time.

 

~

 

“It’s been a long time since we met, Kyungsoo,” the soothing voice snapped Kyungsoo from her thought. “I’m glad you look so much better now.” She accepted a fondly smile from the person in front of her who was now taking a sip of her hot honey tea.

 

“Thank you very much, Samonim. I’m also grateful that you look great either. How about Sajangnim? I hope he’s doing well too.”

 

The old-yet-still-beautiful lady nodded lightly. She then took Kyungsoo’s hands and caresses them. “I hope you don’t mind calling me eomma.”

 

Kyungsoo was indeed surprised but she tried to hide it by giving her heart-shape smile to respond. Fortunately, a waiter came to give them their orders and made Mr. Park miss the bitter feeling in Kyungsoo’s sweet smile. She did not comprehend why it turned out this way. Right at the moment, Kyungsoo was already inside Taste It! café as she planned, but sitting in one of the VIP areas with the most unexpected person, eating lunch and enjoying their private time was actually the last thing she wished to happen.

 

Kyungsoo excused herself to the bathroom. Honestly, this sudden situation made her feel dizzy and overwhelmed. She was supposed to meet Baekhyun and the person who should have had lunch with her now was that noisy and annoying wife of Kris, not the owner of this café. Kyungsoo did not know if it was better or worse than meeting Chanyeol and Luhan. The last time they met was months ago. They did not even meet in Baekhyun’s wedding since Mr. and Mrs. Park needed to go to Japan so it had been quite a long time.

 

After some splashes of water on her face and several minutes she spent to take a breath deeply, Kyungsoo went back to accompany Mrs. Park to have their lunch. She had gained her confidence and comfort yet disappeared in a flash once her eyes behind the specs caught a horrible sight. There were two other people now sitting comfortably with Mrs. Park and seeing them make her freeze on the spot so suddenly. She abruptly hid under the nearest table without so much thinking. Her heart was pounding and sweats started to form. She cursed herself for being really unfortunate this time. Did she forget to thank God earlier? Or did she whine too much about meeting Chanyeol’s mother?

 

“Kyungsoo, what are you doing?” a woman’s voice made her heart beat skip for a mere second. Kyungsoo looked up and found a familiar face. Out of control, she pulled the person’s hand, making her squat down inelegantly.

 

“Ya!” without waiting for further complain, Kyungsoo completely covered her best friend’s mouth with her hand and shushing her as quiet as possible. Her thick lips were then mouthing “Chanyeol” which the sign was gladly taken well by the woman before her.

 

Kyungsoo looked around and found there were only several people occupying the floor with a couple looking at her and Baekhyun weirdly which she definitely ignored. It made sense since this second floor was mostly used by the VIP guests or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter