Chapter Two

Love is Loading
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun woke up with a gasp, and Chanyeols voice in his ears

“I´ll always protect you”

The puppy-like male looked confusedly around in the room when he realized that he was in his own room, lying in his bed.

Huh? How did I get here?

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard his little brother yell for him “Baekhyun, you should get up before you´ll be too late!”

Hearing his brother´s call, Baekhyun hurried to make himself ready, putting on his school uniform after taking a short shower.

Then… Everything was a dream?

Opening the door to the kitchen, Baekhyun said “I´m sorry, Jongdae! I´ll make breakfast right now!”

Only to stop in his tracks when he came face to face with none other than Chanyeol, bright smile on his face while holding a plate of food in his hands, Jongdae sitting on the table and already eating while grinning at Baekhyun.

The petite male was forced out of his stupor by Chanyeols voice

“Ah, Baekhyun! Good Morning!”

Still a bit out of it, Baekhyun stuttered back “W-what are you doing here?”

Chanyeols smile turned gentle as he said “You passed out yesterday, so I carried you home! Your brother was worried when he saw me carrying you, but I convinced him that I´m not a bad guy”

Jongdae nodded enthusiastically, seemingly enjoying the food as he gleefully said “The breakfast is super tasty, Baekhyun! How did you find a robot?!”

He r-really managed for Jongdae to accept him?! He doesn´t even really like Kyungsoo!

His thoughts were interrupted by Jongdae’s voice “Don’t you want to stay here?”, big smile on his face as he anticipated the red-haired males answer

“Sure! After all, I´m already Baekhyuns protector, and of course your protector too”

Baekhyun blinked.

Eyes meeting with Chanyeols, and seeing the taller males smile, something in Baekhyun seemed to snap.

“WHAT THE HELL, NO WAY”

And with that, Baekhyun grabbed the back of Chanyeols hoodie, pulling the male out of the door before slamming it shut.

*

Baekhyun was well on his way to school, enjoying the break he finally got from the giant, when he suddenly heard a very familiar voice yell his name.

“Baekhyun, Baekhyun!”

Taking a deep breath, the petite male turned around, knowing it was hopeless but still desperately hoping that it wouldn´t be who he thought it was.

But, as said, it was hopeless.

Coming face to face with the android, Baekhyun stood still, knowing walking away wouldn´t help.

“Baekhyun, are you going to school? I have to come with you!”

Frowning, Baekhyun questioned “Why do you have to go with me? Don´t you have robot things to do?”

Chanyeol didn´t seem put off by the relatively cold answer “To protect you, of course!”

Baekhyun sighed, feeling like it was too early to deal with this.

So, while turning around, he said the best he could think of to stop his self-announced protector from following him.

“Only human beings are allowed into school”

Leaving a thoughtful Chanyeol behind

*

Entering he classroom, Baekhyun looked behind, before sighing in relief.

Good, he didn´t follow me

Though… I do feel like I´m… missing him. Nah, must be lack of coffee.

“Hey, Baek!”

Turning to the voice, Baekhyun smiled. “Morning, Kyungsoo!”

But instead of exchanging small talk, Baekhyun was surprised when Kyungsoo, almost seeming annoyed, straight out asked “Baek, who was that guy yesterday?! He even said he was your servant…”

Feeling his cheeks grow hot at the reminder of the rather embarrassing happening, Baekhyun didn´t quite dare to meet his friends’ eyes, saying “Don´t ask me, I don´t know him…”

Seeing Kyungsoo’s arched brow, he knew the other didn´t believe him, though Baekhyun couldn´t exactly blame him.

And, after all, he was lying to Kyungsoo.

Before either of them could say something, they were interrupted by the teacher coming in.

“so, everyone please go to your seats! And we have a new student, from today onwards. I´m sorry, I don´t remember your name, so please introduce yourself”

Baekhyuns face fell.

Because, there, in the door way, stood a certain red-haired android, bright smile on his face as he said “My name is Park Chanyeol, Nice to meet you all!”

Honestly, Baekhyun should´ve expected it.

And, as the tall male took place besides none other than Baekhyun, the petite puppy, still flabbergasted, whispered “B-but... How?”

Only to be met by one of Chanyeols smiles. “I hacked the central computer, and signed myself in as one of the students”.

Why am I even surprised… seems like he really does take “protecting” me serious.

*

Baekhyun was done, just done.

Chanyeol proved to be perfect in everything – when asked in English to read aloud, he did so with his pronunciation flawless, in math he could solve equations with ease others took at least 15 minutes for, and in their P.E lesson, where they played football, he even beat Kyungsoo (something which surely didn´t help his apparent dislike of the taller male) – who was known as one of their best football players.

“Chanyeol, you´re really great! You´re perfect in everything!”

Baekhyun looked to his side, where a blonde girl was currently endlessly complimenting the giant, leading the petite male to roll his eyes.

Of course he is, he´s a robot, after all.

A sudden thought struck the puppy-like male

But, if he´s an Android… then there has to be someone who, well, “invented” him, no? And I still do wonder, how come he´d passed out?

Baekhyun flinched upon hearing a sudden loud noise, before he realized that it was the ringing of his phone.

Looking at the caller ID and seeing that it was his little brother, Baekhyun could feel himself growing a bit worried.

Answering the call, he said “Yes, Jongdae? Is everything alright?”

“Ah, Baekhyun! I´m really sorry, but I think I lost my keys…”

Baekhyun sighed, feeling a mix of relief and irritation upon the words – relief because Jongdae wasn´t hurt and irritation because he absolutely did not have time to deal with a lost key right now.

Frown on his face, Baekhyun said “Jongdae, how often did I tell you to be more careful with your things? I don´t have time, I have to go to work… I can´t afford to be late!”

Biting his lip while trying to think of a solution, Baekhyun tensed when he felt a sudden near presence, slowly turning his head, only to be met by big sparkling eyes and the wide smile of Chanyeol, the deep-voiced giant saying “I can look after him!”

Baekhyun, being too stunned to say anything for a moment, eventually closed his eyes in defeat, sigh escaping him as he rummaged through his bag, giving the red-haired male his key as soon as he found it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter