Lost Time: Finale

Lost Time

"And they lived happily ever after." Park Bom, the Queen of the East, smiled as she ended the story she was telling to her daughter, Park Chaeyoung AKA Princess Roseanne.

 

"Mommy, I'm confused. Why were they happy?" The little rose asked as she fiddled with the hem of her blouse, blinking her eyes curiously at the Queen.

 

"Well, for one, it's because everyone in both dimensions were happy." Bom said as she caressed her daughter's hair.

 

"Isn't that a bit unfair for the Princess of the Rain? I mean, Mina did break the rules of the dimensions." Rose said as she glanced at the garden where the other Queens and Princesses are.

 

"All is fair in love and war, they say. Now, go on. Go play with your friends." Rose gave a sweet smile to her mother before running to Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa. With that, the other Queens joined Bom in the coffee table.

 

"You didn't tell her?" Chaerin muttered as she eyed Bom discreetly before looking at her daughters, Jennie and Jisoo again.

 

"How can I? It does not change the fact that she is the rose that the new prophecy unfolded." Bom said as she chuckled when she saw the young princesses playing like normal kids.

 

"Still, she should know." said Dara quietly as she leaned to Chaerin who gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

"Time will let her know." And with that, all of them quietly observed the next players of fate's game, their daughter, and all of them thought of the same thing. 

 

'Mina was the lost time, and she travelled back and forth from the two dimensions just to break the curse's barrier and it only happened because the love that she had for Jieun was enough to break Fate's game and create a new world of balance. She ended up in a happy ending with the one she loved and became the princess of balance. It made Fate angry. Nobody could have ever face off with fate because of the games it plays. Everyone knows fate creates balance by creating games and fate did not like that someone had broken that balance. And with that, Fate decided to play another game. This time, no one was going to break the balance of the world Fate makes.'

 

Just as the wind blew by, the pages of the book that Bom was reading flipped to the last page which revealed a part of the story that Bom did not read to her daughter. 

 

'The descendant of time and snow shall be cursed,

to never be loved or to never love at all

until the time she finds love in amidst of torture and thirst

standing before her is the one who made east fall.'

 

"She will never die, She will never grow old. As long as she doesn't find her one true love, she stays 18 forever. She cannot love and she cannot be loved, for as time goes by she turns bitter and sour. And even if she finds the one who will save her from all of this, there is no assurance that she will love Rose at all." Bom muttered as she smiled bitterly at Dara and Chaerin.

 

"I should've tried to stop the prophecy and let Minzy go before everything broke loose. Now Lisa have no parents and my Chaeyoung is cursed." The queen's voice croaked because of the sadness she was feeling. Dara and Chaerin looked at her with sympathy.

 

'Bommie ah, You know Mina right?'

 

'Nae eomma, she was grandmother's grandmother, right?'

 

'Yes, she is. She gave this to your grandmother who passed it to me to give to you when your child reaches 7 years old, and I believe she meant Chaeyoung.'

 

'What is it?'

 

'A book that she was writing before she died and joined her love in peace.'

 

Lost Time, that was written in the cover of the book.

 

'I'll read it in my room, thank you mother.' Like she said, Bom read the short story and was fascinated and impressed. She was about to close the book when she saw the last page that had ink in them, a letter?

 

"Bom, I'm sorry for the trouble that I will cause to you and your family. Because of me, your daughter will face the cruel game of Fate. She will face the world only with Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa. The 4 of them will have to play wisely against fate or else they will never get their happily ever after. I believe that if they enter their adolescent years, they will rebel and would think that the world is against them. And Rose will be the one who will be affected the most. She will slowly turn into a bad person, and when the time comes, she will be consumed by hate. But don't worry child, as long as the mark on her shoulder is there, there is still time. There is still me. I will guide your daughter and her friends as an apology for the horrible thing that I've done. I will lead her to the person who can save her before time runs out, and I hope that you also try your best to lead her to the good path. Again, I'm really sorry. And please keep this a secret and share it only to those who you really, really trust.'