END

A Book From Nowhere

"Sam literally hope that she will go home with her brother, out of this fairy tale cause she knew, they don't belong here"

"JISOO!"

The called girl startled as she almost jumped from her stand while trying to hold on her book. "Grandma. You don't have to shout." She said while her own chest to calm herself.

"Honey, could you please look after this store for a while? The new man who supposed to bring another stock of books is lost in this neighbourhood. I don't even know why he couldn't find my store when mine is the only one in these houses."

Not given any chance to reject grandma's request, Jisoo was pulled to sit in the small store and left alone by herself. Well, maybe it's fine to sit in the store for awhile and finish the book. There's no one in the alley at the moment; it's not busy with people and there, Jisoo sat on the tools behind the counter of the store that only sells all kinds of books. You named it all, re-use books, the books that shop couldn't sell. In fact,  grandma kinda have her own workers to get the books that she sold. 

And Jisoo continued to dive in her own world, with a book in her hand.

//

"Jin-hyung, can you please take me from here?"

"I always wonder why you have a brain but still lost in that small town. Give me a minute. Taehyung want to buy some hamburger. Do you want some?"

After he ended his call, the boy sighed at his own stupidness. Well, he was not always that stupid with roads and such. But that day, he just wanted to walk endlessly without knowing where his legs brought him. He eventually chose a small town that didn't have many people where he could avoidand released his stress from university stuff, and his excitement just increasing until he realized he was lost. While chuckling and released a satisfied breathe, his eyes dropped on a small store that located between houses. 

The store was small but enough to walk around in it if it viewed from the outside. Books that was arranged messily, unlike in a library made Namjoon felt vintage-like and nostalgic. He didn't know why he felt like that and finally found himself walked towards it. The bell that located above the door rang as Namjoon pulled it outwards, indicated that a customer came.

The first thing he laid his eyes on was the girl that sat unmovingly at the counter, too concentrate into the book that was in her hand. Her age seemed like in twenties and her sided-braid stopped beneath her right shoulder. She didn't look like she realized that Namjoon walked into the bookstore. Shrugging off the unwelcome gesture from the worker, Namjoon started to walk across the bookshelves in the bookstore

//

-Jisoo, do you have 'Unofficial Love' volume #4 at your grandma's bookstore?

"volume #4?" Jisoo asked herself instead, while typing a reply to her friend.

-Why don't you come here and check it yourself? =='

-Probably too lazy and I know you will help me for sure :P

Jisoo groaned lazily at the counter. After a while, another message came in.

-I'll buy you lunch this weekend.

Jisoo smiled as she replied back to her friend, agreeing to meet her at the nearest town that weekend. After she put one of the receipt on the counter between the pages of book that she read as a bookmark, she stood up and walked straight towards one particular bookshelves. She knew by heart all the book in her grandma's bookstore she didn't need to refer the book's guidance on the table counter. 

Confidently walked and turned into one of the bookshelves in the bookstore, she tripped on the floor as she felt something at her feet. As she thought it was some books on the floor that had not arrange yet into the shelves, she saw a boy grunting into his calf as she glanced behind her. "Hey! Since when you were there?" 

The boy face seemed trouble as the pain was not relief yet. Jisoo crawled towards him and brushed his calf that the boy held with his hands. The pain must be hard as Jisoo wore a hard leather shoes that time. After a while, the boy took his face from his folded knee and lied his head against the bookshelves behind him.

"You okay?" Jisoo looked at him worried-ly.

The boy's face seemed more relax with his eyes still close. Jisoo waited for him to answer as she looked at him. "Can you please walk away and don't mind about me?" He said as his eyes still shut, still knowing that Jisoo was there.

After a while digesting the boy's request, Jisoo chuckled and sat against the bookshelves in front of the boy. "Why? You embrassed?" After seeing the boy in front of her hiding his face in his knees after he hugged them, Jisoo continued. "You should see how I tripped over your leg, it's more funnier. Why you get embrassed more than me?" She chuckled silently as she talked. Knowing that the boy would not move any moment, Jisoo took a book beside her and started to read it.

//

Namjoon glanced between his knees to see if the girl was still in front of him or not. To his surprise, he saw the girl sat leisurely, crossing her legs in front of him, her face hiding behind the book that she read. "You still there?" He nudget her feet with his softly, to gain her attention.

The girl hummed as an answer without moving the book that hide her face.

Namjoon looked at the girl before he continued. "Sorry, for tripping you over." Namjoon took the book that he read before the incident and continued his reading, hiding his face from the girl.

"It's okay, you're not the first one that make me tripped in this bookstore"

Namjoon continued his reading after he heard the girl accepted his apology. Even then, his mind couldn't concentrate into the book's plot in his hand and curiously wondered about the girl in front of him. After a moment of comfortable silence, Namjoon broke it with a question "Then, who's the first one that make you tripped?"

The girl took a while to answer as she brought her legs against her body and rested her hands on her knees. Namjoon saw the girl tilted her head to the side and saw her bangs flowed with her movement. Namjoon brought his legs closer as he felt the tip of his shoes were pressured against the girl's. "I mostly tripped over books. Technically,- " The girl brought down her book as she looked at Namjoon "you're the first human that I tripped over"

Namjoon glanced at her secretly from the top of the book in his hand. He knew that the girl saw him stealing glances but he didn't care. Namjoon smiled unknowingly after hearing the girl's answer. 

"But seriously, since when you got here? I didn't here anyone entering the bookstore from the counter"

Namjoon looked at his watch and realized that he was in the bookstore for too long. "30 minutes ago." He also put down his book and continued. "I'm waiting for my friend to fetch me up" Before he added more, Namjoon broke the stare that they both shared to his book. "And you probably too engross with your book that you didn't realize when I came in"

"Make sense"

Namjoon put down his whatever-book and looked at the girl in front of him as he stretched his legs beside her. "The book must be fun. You don't even know that I came in"

The girl smile shyly as she followed Namjoon's movement, putting her legs beside him. "Kinda, I'm almost at the end of the plot so I need to know how it ends. The development making me anxious in my seat; in a good way of course."

Then both of them continued talking, from their favourite books, to their worst storyline that they ever read. The flow of their conversation was so smooth they did not realize the time went by until Namjoon's phone rang.

//

It almost an hour now. Grandma should be back by now.

The boy who sat beside her ended his call and looked at Jisoo anxiously. Jisoo had been changing her seat position so that she could talk comfortably with the new stranger that she met. "Can you bring me out to the town? My friend cannot find this bookstore and he wants to meet me at Starbuck's cafe."

Jisoo smiled. "Sure. Just let me find a book for my friend." She stood up and adjusted her clothes. "Wait for me at the outside" After she confirmed that the boy waited for her, she started to look for the book that her friend asked her to find. 

"Jisoo? Where are you?"

"Grandma!" Jisoo called her grandmother, too enthusiast than usual after she found what she wanted and walked towards the counter. "Why taking you so long?"

"What? Is it too hard for you to help me for a while" The old woman scolded her grandchildren while looking at the boy that stood outside of the bookstore. "Your boyfriend?"

Jisoo followed her grandma's eyes. "No, he's just a customer." After packing her book into her bag rushingly, she bidded her grandma goodbye and stood beside the boy. "Let's go"

The boy looked at her for a while before both of them started to walk side by side. "So what's your name?"

Then, Jisoo realized that both of them talked without exchanging names for about an hour. And that also the first time for her to talk comfortably with a new stranger. "Jisoo"  She glanced at the boy beside her. "You?"

"Namjoon!" A tall boy shouted while looking at both if them, waving his hands highly. 

Both Jisoo and Namjoon looked at the tall boy. "That's my name". Namjoon added after Jisoo glanced at him with a curious look. 

"Namjoon" Jisoo said his name quietly for her own memory but they both stood close enough that Namjoon could hear it.

He smiled and Jisoo returned it geinuiely.

//

"This is yours. Found it in a minute." 

The girl took the bag excitedly as she rummaged through the content. She brought out 'Unofficial Love' volume #4 from the bag and hugged it immediately. After she saw the second book in the bag, she stopped her hugging-midway. "Is this yours Jisoo?"

"Yeah" Jisoo answered mindlessly as she scrolling through her phone.

"You read biography? Since when?"

"What?" Jisoo climbed on her friend's bed to see what biography that she was talking about because 'biography' was not her tea. Why in the world the book was in her bag? Then, Jisoo just realized she must had been exchange her book accidently with the other customer just now. And the only customer that she had during that day was only one person.

"Well, you can call them to get it back" Her friend suggested to give some possible solution after hearing Jisoo full story. 

"The thing is, we dont exchange numbers"