One

Don't Forget

"So... about today..."

Seungcheol scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, a light pink flush dusting his cheeks. Jihoon allows himself to look at Seungcheol, his sharp jawline, the curves of his ears (oh, these piercings are new), his thick mop of wiry hair- But Jihoon doesn't have to look to know exactly how it frames his face, he's memorized his features long ago.

Seungcheol scuffs a toe on the floor. "... I'm really glad I took your bag," he continues, grinning derpily, and Jihoon sees a flash of white teeth. "... Or I won't have met you." He says with a blinding grin, and Jihoon flushes, but rolls his eyes. "I don't know how you managed to mix that up, though," states Jihoon, motioning towards his own plain black leather satchel, and Seungcheol's cameo- printed, keychained adorned backpack. "Don't take a genius to figure out that they are pretty different."

"Hey, I was in a rush-" Seungcheol justifies hotly, but Jihoon cuts him off. "You aren't the longest end of the stick," Jihoon says flatly, and continues forward. Seungcheol hangs back for a moment, digesting what he just said. Jihoon hears hurried footsteps before he hears his voice.

"But I'm pretty long in other ways," Seungcheol says cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows, and Jihoon almost chokes, but tries to keep his face straight.

"I've just met you, Seungcheol. Do I really need to know?" Jihoon deadpans, turning to look him in the eye. A lie and a truth there. Firstly, he's already met him, Seungcheol just doesn't know it yet; and second, ooohhh yeaahhh, Jihoon already knows, he's very well aquainted, and long is kind of an understatement. 

"Yeah, but well, maybe you'll be interested," Seungcheol says like a hopeful puppy, as if he didn't just imply the impressive length of his wiener and was genuinely trying to get Jihoon interested. 

"Are you flirting with me?" Jihoon asks sarcastically, more of a statement than a question. 

"...Yes," Says Seungcheol slowly after a pause, pursing his lips, before smiling brightly and saying confidently, "Yes, Jihoon, I am."

"You aren't very good at it." Jihoon says unemotionally, and Seungcheol's face falls. It makes Jihoon heart ache a little inside, so he follows it up by muttering, "Good thing my standards are low," and moves on quickly, face burning.

Seungcheol recovers surprisingly quickly, and bounds up to Jihoon cooing "Aww"s and "Really"s. Jihoon pointedly keeps his face forward and doesn't look at Seungcheol, but he doesn't have to look at him to know that Seungcheol's eyes will be shining like stars, the soft curves of his mouth curled into a loopsided, goony grin that makes Jihoon all fuzzy inside. 

Jihoon shoves his hands in his hoodie pockects and decides to focus on the rosy sky ahead. He goes about 10 seconds ignoring Seungcheol when he realizes that they've passed his platform. "Hey," he starts, turning to Seungcheol, who is still trailing him eagerly. "Your platform is that way."

"I know, but I want to walk you to yours," Seungcheol replies, shrugging slightly as if to say it was no big deal. He shoots a dimpled grin at Jihoon, and Jihoon feels something warm coil inside his stomach. Its those damn dimples, Jihoon thinks dumbly, and allows him in silent agreement as he continues forward, both falling into step.

A minute later they reach Jihoon's platform. "So, um," Seungcheol begins, running his hands through his hair the way he does when he's nervous, Jihoon remembers. "Can I have your number?" Seungcheol blurts, and then immediately flushes scarlet, trying to cover up his sudden impulsiveness. "like, your handphone number- I mean, you don't have to, but it would be really nice if you did, and I'm not some creepy stalker or anything, but-" Jihoon listens as he flouders, and for a moument considers rejecting him outright and just walking away for the fun of it, since he knows Seungcheol will always, always come back to him anyway. But Jihoon decides that nah, he's waited long enough as it is already. He wants Seungcheol, now. 

"Sure." Says Jihoon, his voice as clear and sharp as a bell. Seungcheol is still rambling on awkwardly, but tumbles to a stop when he hears Jihoon. "... I'll give you my number too, so- wait, wha-what? B-buh.." Jihoon chuckles inwardly as Seungcheol's sentance grinds to a halt, obviously shocked at Jihoon' s easy agreement. He gapes openly at Jihoon. "Bu-buh... Really??"

"I said, sure." Jihoon reiterates slowly, gently, and takes Seungcheol's sweaty hand in his own and fishes a pen out of his jacket. Jihoon shudders a little as he feels a fizz run through his body when he touches Seungcheol, and he realizes this is the first time they've touched in this life. Seungcheol's palm is too sweaty to write on, so he turns it over instead. "Sorry," Seungcheol mutters, offering Jihoon an embarrassed grin. His hand is large, slightly larger than Jihoon's, but more stout, veins and tendons criss-crossing the surface, fingers muscular and thick (Jihoon swallows at the thought.) Seungcheol's fingers slip easily between Jihoon's own slender ones and curl slightly. Jihoon scrawls the numbers onto his skin with some difficulty- the pen is not the best to write with- and Seungcheol just hums tunelessly above him.

"I like your hair," Says Seungcheol abruptly, his other hand absently coming to fiddle with Jihoon's brown curls. "Thank you," replies Jihoon earnestly as he pulls away (because someone has finally noticed) "I had it done last Monday." 

"It lovely. It suits you," says Seungcheol almost wistfully, cocking his head sideways a little to admire Jihoon. Jihoon flushes a little under the gaze. Well, he thinks. no matter what hair i've had, you always think it looks nice on me. Jihoon realizes they are still holding hands, and lets go of it out of courtesy, but the touch lingers. Seungcheol suddenly remembers the number and jumps up like he just won the lottery. "Thank you!" He exclaims belatedly, holding his hand up and squinting at the number so hard he almost goes cross-eyed. He starts reciting the numbers to himself over and over, and Jihoon has to laugh because he just looks so silly (and so cute) like this.

"You don't have to memorize it, you know," chuckles Jihoon. "Its just my number."

"I know, but I want too," Says Seungcheol stubbornly, his eyes never once leaving the inked digits. "I can remember this easily. Even your number is nice."

JIhoon smiles. "The jury is out on that one," he says, and now that Seungcheol is distracted he takes the chance to look at him properly. The dying rays of the sun catch on Seungcheol's lashes, illuminating his cheeks, the curve of his plush lips. Seungcheol realizes Jihoon is staring and looks up. Their eyes meet and he allows himself to indulge, Seungcheol's features coming together perfectly. Its giving him the warm fuzzies again. 

This is it, Jihoon thinks happily. This is where it begins.

Seungcheol is looking at Jihoon like he's a burning candle and Seungcheol is the dumbest moth is the world. His eyes contain a glittering galaxy each, his thick lashes fanning beautifully across his cheeks, the tips of his ears slightly red, his mouth parted slightly as he gazes back at Jihoon. , Jihoon thinks, and swallows a little thickly. I don't remember him being this gorgeous. 

He's so caught up in looking at him that he doesn't hear the rumble of the tracks until the train rushes past, sweeping the cold air into their faces. Seungcheol jumps forward immediately, grabbing Jihoon's arm to steady him from the whiplash (not that Jihoon needs stabilizing, but he's not complaining anyway.) They are even closer together now, and Seungcheol's stare bores into Jihoon, his mouth opening slightly as if he's going to stay something when Jihoon's eyes widen dramatically.

", Seungcheol! That your train!" he points, and Seungcheol whips around just in time to see said train pull smoothly into his platform, and the announcent blares. 

"! , Ji, I'm sorry, I gotta go," He rushes, giving Jihoon's arm a final sqeeze, and Jihoon shoos him off. "I'll call!" He yells as he runs backwards, stumbling a little over his feet. Call? How old fashioned is this kid? 

"Don't forget!" Seungcheol's voice sounds a little more distant as he gets further away, but just as bright as he waves at Jihoon over his shoulder.

"Just run!" Jihoon yells, but waving back all the same. Seungcheol gives Jihoon a thumbs up, then turns forward and really runs- Jihoon watches him as he pounds across the bridge to the other platform, bomber jacket flapping, hair tousled, his legs taking broad, easy stides, his -

Damn, his . 

Seungcheol makes it to his platform, and turns to grin at Jihoon triumphly. Jihoon resists the urge to facepalm as he watches Seungcheol waving wildly (embarassingly) from the other side of the train tracks, the train conductor shouting at him to get on the train, its leaving soon. Seungcheol jumps onto the train but remains at the doors, still waving at Jihoon undetered with a loopy grin on his face. Jihoon waves back, shaking his head slightly. The train conductor follows Seungcheol's line of sight over to Jihoon and glares at him, Jihoon just smirks back at her unapologetically. 

"Don't forget!" Seungcheol shouts one more time, loud enough for Jihoon (and everyone else on the platform) to hear, just as the train doors close on him. Jihoon watches as Seungcheol, still waving through the window, pulls away into the distance until the train disappears into a speck in the setting sun. 

Idiot, Jihoon thinks fondly. Do you think I can forget you that easily? I've been waiting for you for 20 of our lifetimes.