Final

15 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this," I murmured to my best friend. 

We walked next to each other, arms twined together. 3 weeks ago I had agreed to go with her to one of those dating things where you have like 15 seconds with each person. It was beyond me how anyone could choose someone they actually liked and wanted to date in such a small amount of time but she had nothing better to do on a friday night and figured why not.

"What cafe are we going to again?" I asked. Glancing over at my gloriously platnium blonde friend, her lips moved the same moment her voice echoed inside my head.

"Kitten Tails."

Right. A ridiculous event at an even more ridiculously named place. Why, oh why, did I ever agree to this?

Again, my friend's voice answered inside my head. "Because you're secretly lonely but won't admit it even though we can all tell." 

I winced, looking away from her. I didn't always appreciate my ability to get such honest answers out of people without even asking them but I hoped it would come in handy tonight.

Upon arriving, the event organizers gave us all timers set for 15 seconds and set us up at our own little tables, near but not too close, in an open area of the cafe. All girls lined up on one side and all guys lined on another so that once 15 seconds were up, everyone could just move one chair over instead of causing chaos by everyone moving around to seperate tables. Myself was sat next to a window, visible for everyone to see how ridiculous I looked.

Before I knew it, it was beginning and my friend was grinning happily at me from across the room, entirely unaware of how her brain completely gave away her reasons for inviting me along.

A guy took a seat in front of me and I pressed the timer button.

"Hi, I'm Richard," he introduced himself.

"Hi," I tried to politely return his enthusiasm. I wondered if he always went around with such strong cologne on and that puka shell necklace.

"No, I normally wear a much worse smelling cologne very heavily but I do always wear my puka shell necklace. It reminds me of my c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter