...who i always love~

Because I Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(On Sunday, Yoojung's arrival date)

Doyeon could feel how her hands start to get clammy and cold. She's a pro in putting up poker face, looking all cool and composed, when on the inside, her heart is keep doing somersault. She feels sick.

 

"Doyeon-ah, why you're keep spacing out? Luckily you drove us safely to here. Because i do realize how you were spacing out when you drive earlier. Seems God loves us a lot, unless we must be in the hospital right now, not in this airport." Chungha tall dongsaeng.

In front of the others, in front of her friends and dongsaeng like Somi for instance, Doyeon will always act like a tough-reliable girl who always take a good care of people. But only in front of Chungha and Sejeong she could lowering her 'facade'  a bit and comfortably show her natural big baby-like side. Because despite being the tallest in their little gang, Chungha and Sejeong will always be the parents for them. They love to baby-ing SomDoDaeng a lot.

 

"Unnieeeee~ I'm not, okay?" Doyeon whined and pouted, making herself resembled a duck more. "And even when i do daydream when i drive, i won't bring any harm to us because i'm a pro driver, okay? My skill is beyond average." Doyeon shamelessly boasted.

 

"Yeah yeah yeah, keep on bragging and i'll gladly show you again the evidents on how a great driver you are. Remember that 1, 2, 3, oh 4 scratches on your newly bought white car. What happened again at that time? Ah right. You smashed your car to the innocent unmoving unliving pavement. Cham daedanhada~ (How amazing that is~)" Somi dramatically shook her head at the dark memory.

 

"YAH! That was when i'm still a newbie driver, okay? And i was trying to dodge a running dog that appeared out of nowhere. I don't want to be a murderer so i wisely decided to just sacrificed my car. It happened so many years ago so move on!"

 

"It's not so many years ago, unnie. In fact, it was last year!" Somi remarked.

 

And just like that the duo s start to bicker again. They only stop when Chungha calmly twitching both of Doyeon and Somi's ear rather hard, causing the two to wincing in pain and quickly apologized to Chungha and promised her that they will stop fighting.

 

Around 30 minutes later, the airport gate slides opened and bunch of people walking out from it dragging their suitcase. The three girls are looking for a familiar petite figure that they have missed for years, and cried for for years for Doyeon. She doesn't know what will she do nor what will she say when she meets Yoojung again but she knows for sure that she wants to see her again. She can't lie to herself that she missed the petite girl so bad, and she really really want to see her again.

 

"YOODAENG UNNIE!!!! HERE!!!" Somi waved her hand high in the air and screamed so loudly, causing some people who stand near her jolted in surprise hearing her loud voice. Doyeon could only facepalming herself and keep mumbling "I don't know her. I don't know her." While Chungha quickly bowing 90 degree to those people, saying sorry on Somi's behalf.

 

"OMO JEON SOMIIIIII~" Hearing that familar cute-high pitched voice, Doyeon finally lifted her head and soon enough her eyes landed on the girl that always appeared almost every night in her dream. But now she's not dreaming. Choi Yoojung is indeed in front of her right now, running enthusiastically toward Somi. Doyeon afraid she might trip on something and fall.

Luckily she didn't. Yoojung safely running to them and right now almost die because of lack of oxygen as their maknae hugging her tightly, a little bit too strong.

 

"Yah yah yah. Let her breathe, Jeon Somi." Chungha reminded her cousin once she see how the poor baby Yoodaeng who almost get suffocated by the hug start to gasping for air.

 

"Oh, mian unnie." Somi sheepishly grinned and release Yoojung from her hold.

 

After letting go of Somi, Yoojung directly jumped into Chungha's embrace and snuggled close to her. The two seriously look like a puppy and her mother.

 

"Unnieeeee~ I missed youuuuuu~" Yoojung said with her infamous aegyo. Even after so many years passed, this girl still has an overflowing aegyo in her.

 

"I missed you too, baby." Chungha replied in the middle of her giggles. Yoojung is just too cute to handle sometimes.

 

Meanwhile Doyeon just stood there awkwardly as she waits for her turn.

"She will hug me too, right? I mean there's no way she won't. Eyy no way.. She won't be that rude by skipping me after she hugged Somi and Chungha unnie like that... right? Sh--"

 

"Doyeonie.."

 

*DEG* *DUGEUN* *DUGEUN*

 

And their eyes finally meet. Yoojung's lips effortlessly curved upward, so does Doyeon's.

 

"Hi." Doyeon inwardly praised herself for not stuttering like a fool and successfully greeted her good old friend like a normal good old friend would.

 

"I'm back." Yoojung said, smiles wider as she's flashing her sweet eyesmiles that Doyeon missed. It's not like Yoojung is the only person that Doyeon knows who has a pretty eyesmile but there's something about Yoojung's smile that always make her feel giddy on the inside whenever she sees it, like a happiness that can't be explain. A smile that make her as the one who received the smile want to smile along too.

 

"Yeah, you're back." Doyeon replied. She was waiting for Yoojung to hug her too just like how she's enthusiastically hugging Somi and Chungha but Yoojung keeps only smiling at her and didn't show any sign that she will hug Doyeon too.

 

"Screw this." Doyeon thought and braced herself for the thing she's going to do. She takes a big step forward and open up her arms before she pulls Yoojung in for a hug. Doyeon could feel how Yoojung's body get tensed for a sec before it get relax almost immediately after their body touched. Doyeon tried to hide her smile when she feels Yoojung hugging her back and placed her cheek against Doyeon's chest, just like the old time.

"You know, i always like to hug you the most, Doyeonie. Don't ask me why. I myself don't know the reason either. Guess there's no reason. I just do." Doyeon could clearly hear that small voice whispering in the back of her mind as she's hugging Yoojung right now. She's unconsciously tightening her hold on the petite girl in her embrace as so many feelings and memories washing over her. 

Because that's voice is not hers, it's Yoojung's, the younger Yoojung. Yoojung's once told her that she likes Doyeon's hug the most. Now Doyeon wonders whether Yoojung still having the same thought, or maybe she already has a new favorite hug from someone else who is not Doyeon? The second scenario is more plausible for Doyeon.

 

"Welcome back home." Doyeon whispered as she placed her chin to rest on top of Yoojung's head.

 

They kept hugging each other for few more good seconds before Somi groaned loudly saying that they need to move ASAP before she dies of hunger because her stomach keep grumbling loudly, asking to be feed. And as always, the unnies complied since their maknae is always at top of the 'food chain'.

*****

 

(Inside the car)

Doyeon is sitting behind the steering wheel of her car again, humming to the random songs that played in the radio and Somi sitting beside her on the passenger seat, singing even rapping, rather loudly, purposely ignoring Doyeon's protest to tone down her voice before her ears bleed. Chungha is sitting at the back row with Yoojung, giggling amusingly at DoSom's daily dose of bicker. But accidentally or not, Doyeon and Yoojung's eyes keep meeting each other's from time to time from the rear-view mirror. Both will look away shyly when their eyes meet but strangely their eyes will keep wandering back to each other, as if there's a magnetic field around them.

 

The gang decided to have their brunch in a restaurant nearby.

 

"What should i order? This one look good. I'll order this." Somi quickly choose the menu since she's the one who feel hungry the most.

 

"It's been awhile since i eat Korean food. I mean in Indonesia they have Korean restaurant too and some of them taste really good, but still, i don't think they can beat the feeling of eating Korean food in Korea. It's just different." Yoojung commented as she's scanning the menu.

 

"Unniedeul, ppalli choose your menu!" Maknae keeps whining while Doyeon is trying her best to not tape .

 

"I don't know what to choose. Actually i'm not really hungry right now. Just order for me the same one like yours, Som. I'll believe in your taste." Doyeon shrugged and folded her arms in front of her chest as she waits for her friends to order the foods.

 

"Hajima!(DON'T!)" Yoojung's loud voice kind of startled everyone. "Ahem, i mean d-don't order what Somi ordered, Doyeon-ah. It has clams in it."

 

"Ah.. I didn't know. Then i.. i'll just take a look on the menu real quick." Doyeon said with her slightly pinkish cheeks and quickly dashed off to scan the menu. 

 

"She remembers." Doyeon inwardly thought. She bites her lower lip to prevent herself from smiling.

 

"Pabo, you almost got yourself into a big trouble." Yoojung teased the flustered Doyeon.

 

"What's wrong with clams? It tastes heavenly good!" Somi said.

 

"Doyeon has an allergy to clam, Somi-yah.. I almost forget about that too." Chungha explained while Yoojung nodding her head in agreement. "Wah, Choi Yoojung, you're amazing. Even after all of these years, you still remember small things like this about your friend." Chungha exclaimed in adoration.

 

"How can i forget? She once get hospitalized for days because of eating clams. I was so scared, i kept crying and refusing to leave her side because i thought she'll die."

 

"I told you i won't die so uncoolly like that. And don't blame me too much. You're naturally a crybaby." Doyeon's voice startling Yoojung. She thought the taller girl is still ordering her food at the cashier. She doesn't expect her to appear from behind her out of sudden like this.

"Oh, mian. Didn't mean to startling you." Doyeon holds Yoojung's arm loosely out of instinct as she apologized to her 'victim'. Yoojung's eyes darted to Doyeon's warm hand that still holding her left arm. Doyeon curiously following her gaze before realization hits her.  She quickly retracted her hand and mumbling out another "Sorry" to Yoojung. She could feel how her face starts to get heated. 

 Luckily Chungha has to interfere just in the right time.

 

"No one can choose the way they die, Doyeon-ah." Chungha chuckled.

 

"Uhm.. i-i need to use the toilet. Be right back." Doyeon quickly said then left at lightning speed. She lowly uttering curse to herself for acting like this in front of Yoojung. She doesn't want to make the latter feel uncomfortable or awkward around her, but guess she just did.

 

"What's wrong with that unnie?" Somi who just done taking her foods, carefully carrying a tray in her hands, asked Chungha and Yoojung when she saw Doyeon walking passed her in a rather quick pace, and missing behind the toilet door.

 

"She said she need to use the toilet. Maybe she can't hold it anymore." Chungha shrugged.

 

"I hope it's not the big one tho. Ew~"

 

After finishing their lunch,

 

"Dodo unnie, me and Chungha unnie have to leave first. We have a family dinner to prepare with our cousins. You and Yoodaeng unnie can continue your date or whatever. And let's plan for another date with us soon. I'll be waiting. And don't ever think about having date without us because i will know, i will always know."

 

"Eh? You two will leave now? Someone will pick you up? Or should i drive you two there?"

 

"Yeah, one of our cousin will come to pick us up, Doyeon-ah, don't worry." Chungha said.

 

"Oh, Nayoung unnie and her ostrich-like girlfriend is already here. Let's go, Chungha unnie. Before Kyulkyung unnie nags us for making her wait." Somi said after she received a text from supposedly her cousin, Nayoung.

 

"Oh geurae? Okay okay. Doyeon-ah, Yoojung-ah, we'll be leaving first. See you two real soon." Chungha leaned forward to give her two dongsaengs a quick hug before she get dragged by Somi who just coolly waved goodbye plus sending a flying kiss to her unnies.

 

"Ew~" Doyeon shuddered after witnessing Somi's flying kiss that directed at her and Yoojung.

 

"Why you two are so alike?" Yoojung heartily laughed.

 

"We're not." Doyeon strongly denied.

 

"Alright alright. Whatever you say, Doyeon-ah."

 

"Uh.. so, do you want to go somewhere after this? Or you want me to send you to your hotel? It must be tiring for you. You took a midnight flight and the journey from Indonesia to Korea is 7 hours long. Do you want to catch some sleep? I think you should. Your eyes look tired." Doyeon being the attentive person she is, could easily pointed out how exhausted Yoojung is despite the smile that she keeps throwing.

 

"I can never fool you, can i?" Yoojung playfully sighed.

 

"Yeah, you can't. Now c'mon. I'll drive you to your hotel so you can have your proper rest." Doyeon walked first, she held the door open for Yoojung and then lead the way to the parking lot while Yoojung is trailing close behind her.

Doyeon badly want to hold Yoojung's hand simply because she's afraid the shorter girl might trip on something or lost her way if Doyeon ever lost the sight of her. Doyeon knows that she shouldn't worrying Yoojung that much since she's no longer a kid, surely not, but Doyeon just can't help it. She tends to be kind of overprotective toward 'things' she loves and cherish.

 

(Inside Doyeon's car)

 

One Step, Two Steps - Oh My Girl

네가 한 발짝 두 발짝 멀어지면
난 세 발짝 다가갈게
우리의 거리가 더 이상 멀어지지 않게


네가 한 발짝 두 발짝 다가오면
난 그대로 서 있을게
우리의 사랑이 빠르게 느껴지지 않게

 

Say you love me, say you 뚜루루뚜뚜
Say you love me, say you love me

 

Trans:

When you take one step, two steps away
I will take three steps toward you
So we won’t get any further apart


When you take one step, two steps closer
I will stay here just like this
So it doesn’t feel like our love is going too fast

 

Say you love me, say you ddururudduddu~
Say you love me, say you love me

 

There is nothing but some ballad songs play from the radio. But since this one song from Oh My Girl is Doyeon's favorite, she can't help but softly singing along to the song.

 

Yoojung suddenly chuckled.

 

"You're laughing?" Doyeon dumbly asked the obvious. She took a quick glance at Yoojung before she diverted her eyes back on the road.

 

"Duh~" Yoojung laughed harder. 

 

"Wae?"

 

"Ani, i just realized that i haven't ask about your doing. We haven't ask that simple question to each other. I feel silly. So.. how are you, Doyeon-ah?"

 

"Me? Fine i guess?"

 

"You guess?" Yoojung chuckled. "You still hilarious, Kim Doyeon-ssi."

 

"Yaahh~"

 

"Haha sorry sorry. It's just i kinda missed teasing you and stuffs."

 

"Did you realize that you just indirectly say you missed me?" Doyeon smugly pointed out.

 

"Oh did i?"

 

"Yeah, you totally did."

 

"Whatever. That's the truth though." Yoojung's straightforward answer surely caught doyeon off guard.

 

"Ahem.. S-so how about you? How are you?"

 

"Me? Same old same old. After graduated from my university, i was torn between two. I want to pursue my master degree but at the same time i hate the thought of studying again for few more years." Doyeon just snorted when she heard Yoojung's concern. That's so Yoojung. She doesn't really like to study, but naturally a smart and bright person.

"In the end i decided to just look for a job. And luckily i get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter