[Taeyeon End]

My Lovely Tutor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After sending the message, Eunji's heart quickens with anticipation. Eunji sets aside Tiffany's small paper in her pocket, focusing her attention at the screen of her phone. She plans to clear things up with Tiffany in the future, but her priority right now was clearing a misunderstanding with Taeyeon. Eunji reads the message that she sent to Taeyeon, contemplating on whether she should add to it. 

 

Eunji: How could you leave without tutoring me on the new math lesson? Let's meet tomorrow at the café this afternoon. You owe me some flan.

 

Eunji meant to lighten the mood with a joke, hoping that the female would immediately respond with a comeback as usual. However, after almost half an hour had passed, she never received a notification from her phone. Assuming that the female had already gone to sleep, Eunji plugged her phone into a charger before heading to her bed to end the day.

 

...

 

Never do things you will regret later.

 

This was Taeyeon's motto, yet she consciously chose to dig into her own grave. A week has passed by where Taeyeon had rarely came out of her compartment. She regrets running away that night. She regrets leaving the latter in the hands of someone she grew to despise. She regrets breaking her promise with Eunji. 

Regrets were simply occupying her mind. It brought back the insomnia that she got over once before, making her condition even worse. She hasn't been going to her part time jobs, resulting in voice mail from her phone to tell her that she was fired. Hearing the news, her friend had came for a visit, but Taeyeon insisted that she was fine, asking to be left alone in which her friend understood and complied, though in some occasions she visited once in awhile. 

"Aish..why am I letting such an insignificant person affect me so much? ..." She questioned to no one in particular, ignoring the fact that she knows the answer to her own question. Taeyeon mentally slapped herself in her mind for referring Eunji as 'insignificant'. She knew that Eunji was the complete opposite of 'insignificant'. Taeyeon grew very fond of Eunji these past months. It was only now that she realized her attachment since she hasn't seen the latter for a certain amount of time. It was merely one week, seven days, one-hundred and sixty eight hours, yet it all feels like centuries passed. 

Taeyeon remembers the messages she receives from Eunji, remembering how genuine Eunji seemed despite Taeyeon purposely ignoring her. She merely stares at the screen, having no guts to reply back at all, though a part of her insists to reply back at least once.

 

Eunji: How could you leave without tutoring me on the new math lesson? Let's meet tomorrow at the café this afternoon. You owe me some flan. [March 26, 10:05 pm]

 

 

Eunji: It's very crowded in here, but luckily I found an empty table for us. What do you want me to get for you? [March 27, 11:48 am]

 

 

Eunji: Since you're not here yet, I ended up treating myself some flan. I never knew that flan can taste this bland without you around ... Maybe the chef added the wrong ingredients? Hah.. [March 27, 2:12 pm]

 

 

Eunji: Not in the mood to go to a cafe? Well, I'll at least get to see you for the tutor session...right? [March 27, 3:01 pm]

 

 

Eunji: Hey...you don't have to treat me to flan nor do you have to tutor me at all. It doesn't have to be at the café either. Can we please just meet and talk in person? [March 30, 4:21 pm]

 

Taeyeon felt herself hold her breath as she stared at the latter's messages. Taeyeon wanted to have a conversation with Eunji. Taeyeon wanted to meet Eunji in person and share their moments once more. However, her hesitation never fails to interfere with her decision. She had no right to be happy with Eunji, especially when the guilt of breaking her promise continues to haunt her. It may seem like no big deal to others, but to Taeyeon that simple promise was like a commitment. A commitment that she was confident in keeping, before she completely shattered it with one mistake.

Taeyeon was off guard when a new message suddenly appeared on her screen.

 

Eunji: I don't care whether we talk in person or not, but can you at least reply to me? ... [April 2, 11:10 am]

 

 

Eunji: I ...I really miss you. [April 2, 11:11 am]

 

Seeing Eunji's recent message has brought Taeyeon's heart to flutter. Taeyeon constantly tells herself that she shouldn't be having feelings for the latter, but she couldn't exactly control her feelings nevertheless. Then, the thought of Tiffany being together with Eunji has changed her mood. It was one of the reason why she avoided Eunji in the first place, to let her go. Despite the urges to reply back to the latter, Taeyeon resisted, thinking that this will benefit Eunji. Taeyeon had already given up in the possibilities of developing a relationship with Eunji due to the judgement of the people in Korea, and so to close the feelings even further, her resolution was to avoid them in the first place.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Taeyeon heard a few knocks coming from her door.

"Yuri! How many times have I told you-"

"Taeyeon."

Taeyeon halted her movement for a few seconds before approaching the door, checking to see who was outside. Taeyeon first assumed it was her friend that constantly checked up on her, but to her surprise, it was Eunji. Holding her breath, Taeyeon tried to make her escape by going back to her living room, but instead she carelessly trips over a sandal that was on the floor, making a loud thud  sound. Loud enough for the latter outside to hear. 

"Err. Taeyeon is not here, would you like to leave a message?"

"..Pabo, you really think I'll buy that? Please stop the act and open the door." Eunji stated in a stern tone, causing the female to let out a sigh, getting up from the floor as she hesitantly opens the door.

"Eu-" Before Taeyeon was able to make any kind of comment, she was immediately tackled by Eunji with a tight hug, which resulted her to fall to the floor once again with the latter on top of her. 

"..." Silence fell as Eunji never bothered to lift her head up to meet Taeyeon's eyes. She was too immersed to not let go of the female from her grasp. 

"H..how did you find my address?" Taeyeon interrupted with curiosity, soon receiving several punches on the shoulders. 

"I can't believe you!! This is your reply after seeing me?!?!" 

"I-I'm sorry, I- OW!-" 

"Why were you avoiding me?!?!" 

"...I-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter