Chapter 1

"Don't be afraid of me."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Johnny found it amusing how vastly different he was compared to Mark.  

Johnny was the dark, with jet hair and tanned skin. He was tall and strong, and had enough muscle to fill out his long form. 
His tongue was sharp, and tone usually loud and brash. The scent of cigarette ash lingered around him and seemed to cling to the worn leather jacket he wore most of the time. 

Mark was white. 

white and pure, with alabaster skin and blonde hair. He was small and slight and usually covered his slim frame with large sweaters. He didn't have a lot of muscle at all, at least compared to Johnny. The youngest of the two was soft spoken and often flowed with conversation instead of commandeering it like Johnny did. 


The eldest often wondered how two people so different had managed to  connect so strongly. 

Many people didn't understand 
how the pair had come to be as close as they were. Johnny remembered the first day perfectly. 


~~~~~~~~ 

The hum of loud music radiated through the house as johnny weaved his way through the crowd of people towards the back door. 

As soon as the warm summer air hit his face, Johnny pulled the packet of cigarettes out of his pocket, lighting one and placing it in his mouth. 

Honestly, Johnny didn't know how he had winded up here, at some random house party a guy the year below him, Ten had invited his group to. He had long lost Taeyong and Jaehyun, who had disappeared to get laid earlier on. 

The tall man was about to leave when he heard a small frightened gasp. 

Johnny stubbed his cigarette on the wall. 

"s-stop..." 

Johnny frowned and followed the weak voice, which lead him to the alleyway in between he house and the garden fence. 

The first thing Johnny saw was a small figure pressed against the brick wall, trembling slightly. Second, A man just as tall as Johnny was gripping the smaller's wrist, towering over the poor person. 
"shh... it's okay baby." 

the taller leaned closer to the smallest. 

"I-I don't w-want..." the small boy whimpered pathetically, their small voice shaking and much as their fragile body. 

"Hey," deciding that he had seen enough, Johnny intervened. "What's going on here?" 

The taller figure stepped back a bit, stumbling in the process. 

As Johnny walked closer, he realised who this guy was. 

"Sehun hyung?" Sehun smiled weakly. "What are you doing?" 

Sehun hiccuped while Johnny rolled his eyes. "You've had too much to drink, mate... you should probably go inside..." Johnny ushered the drunk boy towards the door of the house, knowing that the boy wasn't trying to hurt anyone - he was just hammered beyond recognition. 

Johnny turned around to be met with a pair of terrified eyes looking up at him. 

"Are you okay?" Johnny asked, looking at the figure properly in the soft glow of the nearby streetlamp.  He noticed that it was a boy. 

Short blonde hair framed the pale, thin face, hanging just over those wide brown eyes. A thin white t-shirt clung to the boys thin frame gently, and Johnny couldn't help but wonder if the boy was cold. 

"Y-yes... Thank you..." The boy smiled softly, tripping over his words a little. Johnny smirked, and without hesitation ped his leather jacket over to the shivering boy. 

He looked at the garment warily before accepting it after a gentle urge from the taller. 

"what's you're name, kid?" Johnny asked. 

his lips, the boy looked at his shoes. "M-Mark.." 

Johnny laughed while he shook his head. 
"What are you doing here, kid? Aren't you too young to be out here alone?"

Mark swallowed. "I-I... I wasn't here alone... i lost my friend somewhere..." the blonde haired boys sentence faded off. 

Johnny made eye contact with the boy. 
"How are you getting home?" 

Mark shrugged. "ill probably walk." 

Johnny grunted. "listen kid, do you need me to drive you anywhere?" 

looking up, Mark but his lip. 

"I don't know about you," Johnny said simply. "but ivyhink the street will be filled with worse people than Sehun at this time..." 

Mark considered this. 

"Don't worry kid," Johnny smiled gently. "I haven't been drinking." 

Mark nodded. "If-if that's okay... I'd appreciate a lift." 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter