Mrs. Park Jungsu?

Heart and Soul (special)

 

*this is the concluding special for Heart and Soul.

Park Estate

Taeyeon’s POV

“we will now introduce you to the Park Steel and Oil Industries new President, Park Kyuwon sunbaenim’s eldest son, Park Jungsu!”

Those were probably one of the loudest claps I’ve ever heard.

Standing in front of the sea of crowd clad in black and white ensembles, was leeteuk accepting the trophy being handed down by his father. not literally a trophy. Leeteuk, Park Jungsu, is the successor of his father’s company and Park Kyuwon was basically on the stage to congratulate his son. Every one was there to witness the spectacular passing of torch, Inyoung unni and hyoyeon were near the stage, almost in tears. There was heechul at the other side, raising his glass, and probably waiting for Leeteuk to come down so he could give him an enormous hug. Leeteuk’s other friends were on the corner, the best cheerleaders, especially Jessica, who would scream her lungs out, and ridiculously, wearing another “Leeteuk for President” pin. I was standing at the farthest end of the view, near the door, looking at leeteuk with a mix of happiness and worry. These are definitely a weird mix of facial expressions. Worry, because I will know that one of these days, leeteuk’s time with me will be lessened, much more lessened ever since he got out of the hospital healthily and disease free. Owning such a large company after all, is really mind wrecking. But I also felt a side of happiness because we all knew that he really deserved to win over her father’s previous position.

Leeteuk had assured me though, that he will make time with me. two months ago, just days after we graduated, leeteuk and I had a heart to heart talk about things.

“you will see me when you have the time.”

“of course, I will.” He told me, as I was busily toying with his scarf. It was our last day at the island where Leeteuk had a meeting with his future clients, the same island where I really thought hard about my future relationship with him.  “I will make sure that I have time for you, I cannot assure that it will be always but I will always try.”

“okay.”

“and make sure you update me.” leeteuk pinched my nose. “because I need to know everything about you once in a while.”

 “aigoo, I will be updating while you don’t?” I asked him. That will be unequal if that happens, seeing myself as the only one who would always talk about a concluded day.

“dear, I will be calling you often.” Leeteuk smiled.

“promise?”

Leeteuk raised a hand. “I promise.” He said.

 

So that was it. I had no choice but to accept the reality.

 

I placed the glass I was holding on the table and looked up to see leeteuk at the stage looking at me, his one sided dimple showing up again, highlighting his timeless features. with a smile, I headed towards the stage.

----------------------------

Leeteuk’s Room, Park Manor

“an agriculture business.”

“yes.” Taeyeon said, placing a huge stack of papers towards leeteuk’s table. Leeteuk was currently signing some paper works when taeyeon had the idea of constructing a new business under her name.

“don’t you want to work with me?” leeteuk asked. He was hoping that she would work with her. he had really wanted to have that option since it would mean getting to see her often.

anni, I don’t like you when you’re at the office you’re a monster.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m not a monster.”

“well you act like one.” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue. Leeteuk had really found her tactics childish but he had no choice but to play with it.

“okay. so who will be your business partners?” he asked, as he began scanning down the papers. He was really trying to understand the objectives of the business, the target profit, the supposed to be capital and the parts of it. Taeyeon shook her head in reply. “no one? Are you sure?”

“I want to start on my own.” Taeyeon said.

“but that will also cause a great risk, like having more expenses.”

Taeyeon sat on the table, and looked at the papers too.

“teuk, you always know that I want to have a solo business.” she muttered. She wasn’t thinking of it as a selfish option, but more of a means of building her self confidence. She just doesn’t want to live behind the shadows of her rich boyfriend. Now that he will become more popular now, she just wanted to make sure that she could at least level up with him, not just to be known as the cinderella girlfriend who will be having a happy ending.

Leeteuk immersed himself on the details and after an ample amount of time, gave her a supportive nod.

“okay.” He said. “I will have this reviewed and I’ll return it to you for editing.”

“yes!” taeyeon balled her fists in the air and immediately planted a kiss on leeteuk’s cheek.

 “well.” He said, wondering. “I’m assuming that you need a capital for this, huh?”

“that’s why I brought that up to you at the first place.” Taeyeon beamed.

“tut, tut, taking advantage…”

booya, you told me you’ll support me!” taeyeon laughed, hitting his shoulder. “I will repay you. When that business of mine blooms.”

“but you don’t have to.” Leeteuk said.

“no way, I’ll pay.”

“you say so.” Leeteuk said. he began to hold her hand, a habit of him whenever he wants something to talk over. “taeng.”

“yes, babe?”

Leeteuk bit his lip, thinking of that same old thing that struck his mind nowadays. As he was thinking whether to talk about it, adding of taking out a mini container of what looked like a velvet box; taeyeon began looking at the papers again.

“taeng, what do you think about---“

“about what?” taeyeon looked too busy that leeteuk quickly stuffed the material inside his pocket.

“nothing.” Leeteuk said. maybe next time. “are you hungry? Let’s eat”

--------------------------

Morning

Coffee shop, Apgeongju

Heechul placed a hot coffee on the table and crossed his legs.

“you haven’t proposed?”

“I think she doesn’t have the time for it.” leeteuk said. They were talking about his engagement plan. He tried going for another try last evening when he visited taeyeon at the villa, but taeyeon was so keen on her upcoming business that leeteuk decided to pass.

“what do you mean, because of the business? I think if she hears you proposing she will definitely be happy. I mean who doesn’t.”

Leeteuk bit his lip. “well, she had rejected me once.” He said, remembering the day when he proposed to her. taeyeon without hesitation, rejected his proposal of marrying her.

“its because it was sudden and for the inheritance.” Heechul defended taeyeon. “but you’re both out of college now, and you’re old. Late twenties. Get a new life.”

“I just hope it’s a yes.”

“of course it’ll be a yes!” heechul almost shouted. Noticing that a few people were looking at them, he composed himself and muttered his next words in hushed tones. “well, you know, taeyeon loves you very much. She doesn’t want to lose you. After all the hardships she had been through with your sickness.”

Leeteuk kept himself silent for a few seconds.

“I will go for her birthday then.” he finalized. taeyeon will turn a year older tomorrow and her birthday will probably take place at the manor.

“so right on her party.” Heechul trailed off. “you will propose?”

Leeteuk sipped on his latte before responding. “no. I will do it after. I have a meeting.”

“I see.”

Leeteuk smiled.

aigoo, you’ll be having a meeting on purpose!” heechul almost shouted again.  he knew leeteuk very much. Leeteuk would always consider the rarest option. And he is opting to have a meeting for a purpose of not spending a day with taeyeon on her birthday. Probably a stint? Leeteuk always loved doing surprises.

“I have to make a surprise.” Leeteuk couldn’t stop himself from grinning. “no one confesses after a birthday party, and it will be better, the extended version of the celebration.”

“wouldn’t she be mad?”

“ taeyeon doesn’t get mad that easily.”

“well, she does have this weird way of nagging.” Heechul said. “I mean the ahjumma side of her that likes scolding people.”

“keeps me grounded.” Leeteuk said.

Heechul crossed his arms. “bro…”

“yes?”

“you know, when you get married.” Heechul tapped the table, his imaginary mind at work. “taeyeon will do that often. Wouldn’t you get tired of it? wives like to nag.”

Leeteuk could imagine himself getting home late with taeyeon pointing a finger at him. “I don’t see why she has to do that but my girlfriend is the most caring person on earth.”

“what if she does?”

Leeteuk smiled and crossed his arms.

“that’s why there’s a word invented called explanation, right?”

--------------------------

Park Manor

1:00 pm

Taeyeon’s POV

saengil chukhamnida! Saengil chukhamnida!

The song generously continued until I lowered my head inches away from the cake to blow my candles and claps filled the entire room followed by the continuing music from the orchestra.

It is my birthday today, and it felt like its just a part 2 of leeteuk’s inauguration as president.

I really don’t mind having birthday parties, really. I’m okay with the simple ones, with people just greeting you or giving you a cake. Or celebrating parties with your loved ones.

But I wasn’t really prepared when Leeteuk’s father threw in a really big birthday bash for me. Park Kyuwon, the former president of Park Steel and Oil Industries organized my birthday and invited again tons of guests that I personally do not know. The old man, fondly called by Leeteuk and Heechul was probably making it up to me after my disappointment of him looking like he was selling out leeteuk to the Mediterranean heiress Yuri. But I guess I’m also wrong for storming out after unleashing my unexpected green eyed monster attitude. he was doing it for business after all.

I shook hands with people constantly greeting me until I situated myself on the VIP table swarmed by the closest people to my life, my siblings kangin and tiffany, my bestfriends ryeowook and sunny, and leeteuk’s family and close friends: siblings inyoung unni , heechul and hyoyeon,donghae,  siwon, eunhyuk, sungmin, and my co-members of the fallen angel’s fansclub Jessica, sooyoung and yoona. Kyuhyun and his pretty wife seohyun were present too, and made it a little late because they have to wait for a baby sitter to watch over their twins.

“I thought leeteuk oppa would come.” Jessica said, just minutes after I finished signing some thank you letters Park Kyuwon made me to do. I could see heechul smirking on the corner and he stopped when I was looking at him quizzically.

“he has an important meeting.” He rationalized.

“you know its really hard to cancel a meeting.” Sungmin joined in. “there could be unexpected meetings.”

“Well, leeteuk did explain to me last night that he will be having a meeting with some investors from Japan. “ I said. “its okay, there’s no reason why the party should be canceled because of him.”

But truthfully, I was really hoping that he could make it even if he will be late. And I really don’t have any idea of the people around us. the high-maintenance friends of leeteuk’s father kept bugging me with their greetings and asking me where leeteuk was.

“but taeyeon, you could really tell that this celebration is one of a kind.” Siwon said. “you have guests that are investors in the company, personally here!”

“why don’t you tell them about your business?” sunny asked me. “that agriculture thing, you are talking about.”

Sungmin crossed his brows. “she will have a business?”

“oh, jagiya, I haven’t told you?” sunny said. “taeyeon is planning to have her own business.”

“what about it?” sungmin asked. I could feel myself at tense. I really had no plans of telling the business yet.

“um---“

“don’t you want to work at the company?” sungmin asked.

Sungmin was referring to Leeteuk’s company, where he is a current employee.

“oil and steel business? not my type.” I said, making heechul laugh at the statement. “I mean, not to cause anything harm, but I really do not want to work with leeteuk.”

hyung, is really scary at work.” Eunhyuk confessed.

“but he does it because he knew it will build up your competence.” Hyoyeon said.

“yes, I know that.” I said. “but just once, I really want to stand on my own. Leeteuk and I talked about it already and he supported me.”

He already gave me the capital. A capital which was too big that I have to return to him the check so he could exchange it with a lesser amount.

“if you already talked to him about it…” yoona said. “any wedding bells?”

“wedding b-bells?”

If earlier I felt the tense of coming up with an explanation about my new business, gathering myself to immerse at the thought of marriage was way more heart pounding.

“not to scare you of anything!” yoona laughed when she saw my enlarged eyes looking like it will pop out. “I mean, I’m sure you have talked about it?”

“we haven’t talked about it.” I said. I really don’t remember anything that leeteuk opened up to me.

Or I was just too ignorant of things? Maybe there were signs?
I stopped thinking when heechul blurted out a cough.

“taengoo, are you ready to get married, anyhow?” he asked. Suddenly, all the attention was on me again, also making the waiter to prolong his stay at our table to pour on some orange juice.

“leeteuk hasn’t talked about it yet, I think I will have an answer when that moment comes.” I answered. Safe? I hope so. I really didn’t think about marrying even after we graduated. There was a time when leeteuk proposed to me but I rejected him. Ever since then, the topic about marriage was considered a hearty joke.

“better think about you answer..” heechul smiled. I looked at him for a moment and heave out a sigh. from then on, I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

--------------------------

Kitchen Area, Park Villa

“I get it, its okay.” Taeyeon closed the door behind her and sighed. It would almost be ten more minutes and she will finish the day of her birthday and leeteuk was not yet around to celebrate it with her. so far, her birthday party to date was a complete success. Kangin was the complete scene stealer of the event because of his introduction of the Kim Family.

But anyhow, spending it without her boyfriend felt a lot different.

Like a piece of a brown coconut shell without the husk.

“go to the kitchen.”

“huh?”

Taeyeon scratched her head. Leeteuk has been talking to her for about five minutes now.

“just go to the kitchen.” Was leeteuk’s only reply. With a little hesitation at first because of the ultra weirdness, taeyeon finally agreed and headed towards the kitchen area. The place looked really deserted because people were still at the Park Manor.

When taeyeon blinked her eyes to adjust her vision to the darkness, she felt she could have jumped at a candle being lit suddenly at her presence.

And amazingly, Leeteuk was sitting at the stool.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to go to your party.” Leeteuk stood up and opened the lights. Taeyeon could see the cake and a bouquet of flowers lying on the nook. The bouquet, which appeared heavy, consisted of her favorite flowers and leeteuk’s.

Red and white roses.

“its okay, I understand that you’re busy.” She laughed, going towards his direction. She sat next to leeteuk and admired his effort for her.  more minutes and her birthday will definitely end, but his surprise made the day last longer. “thank you so much. This is really something for me.”

“really?” leeteuk looked at the flowers too. “I don’t know. I feel that its lacking. How was your birthday?”

Taeyeon told him about the details of the party, majority of visitors which she hadn’t known because of Park Kyuwon’s many invitations, Leeteuk’s friends who kept on smirking the entire day which she didn’t know why, Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon’s dance battle when the classical music suddenly changed into a modern kpop song, etc. everything really sounded enjoyable.

“well, you know, it didn’t look complete because you weren’t there.” Taeyeon confessed.

“I’m really sorry that I wasn’t able to join you.”

“I understand.” Taeyeon said. she understood it now. Ever since they had a heart to heart talk, taeyeon had considered leeteuk’s job as inevitable.

Leeteuk held the knife and started slicing. “you should at least eat a slice again, this is a good cake.”

“says the sick person who couldn’t eat good food.” Taeyeon joked. Leeteuk looked at him with a slight disgust but smiled.

“I know you would like it, it’s a good cake.” he said.

They ate, had a plenty of more talks about the recently concluded birthday celebration and started talking about other things.

“what’s wrong?” taeyeon asked when noticing that leeteuk wasn’t his usual self.

“about your dream you told me before we became a couple.” Leeteuk bit his lip. It was his first time to be so much unsure about the topic. He really didn’t know how taeyeon’s reaction will be.

Tonight, he is expecting that she will take the topic as mature as she can.

“what about it.” taeyeon began to focus on her dreams too.

“you had a lot of dreams.” Leeteuk rationalized. “but I am more concerned with that one dream of yours that I want to accomplish.”

“to accomplish?” taeyeon suddenly laughed. “aigoo, the business thing?”

“I already gave you the capital, right?” Leeteuk said. “the other one, I mean.”

It was then that taeyeon’s eyebrows turn into a slight frown.

“you don’t remember?” leeteuk asked. “shall I make you? you said that being like that was one of the most rewarding experience.”

Most rewarding experience.

aigoo.” Taeyeon straightened her back too. “you don’t mean talking about…”

“I don’t mean talking about?” leeteuk continued for her.

“are you asking me to be your wife?”

Leeteuk started to chuckle. “well, there has to be a first before that.” he said, holding her hand. his face became serious once taeyeon’s sparkling eyes met his. she never failed to dazzle him with all of that stare. “I’m asking you first… to marry me.”

“did you know that I already rejected you once?”

Leeteuk’s seriousness broke into a fit of laughter again.

“yes, I know.” He said, couldn’t believe that taeyeon could pop up such a thing. “It was horrible by the way. But I also know that its my fault for pressuring you that time. you weren’t ready and you haven’t graduated, I had my daddy issues, etc. but since now that were currently harvesting the fruits of our labor…”

He glanced at his chest pocket and took out a little blue container. “maybe this time you will be ready to accept me again?”

Out of taeyeon’s eyes, appeared a glittering 24 carat sapphire blue diamond that sparkled more than the moon casting a light on the window.

“this is my mother’s ring which she entrusted to me on her will.” Leeteuk held the ring slightly up for his girlfriend to see. “this is actually my late graduated present. To tell you the truth I’ve been pl---“

“you planned for this the whole time??”
leeteuk sniffed. “after we graduated, yes.” He said. “are you surprised?”

“but I’m not yet rich, I don’t have any proper job yet!” taeyeon blurted.

“I don’t care about the jobs.” Leeteuk laughed. “I only care about you.”

“park jungsu!”

“so, my dearest taeyeon.” Leeteuk said. “for the second and last time. will you marry a surgical operated person like me?”

Taeyeon could imagine herself more to leeteuk’s future now. The future people they will meet, the persons she will encounter that played a part to her boyfriend’s life, mister park’s would be reaction if he finds out about the marriage, the perks and glamour of the business world. If taeyeon agreed to park jungsu’s proposal.

She will be one of the richest women of the world.

But she will also be one of the most intrigued, and there might be lesser moments with him because of his other engagements.

Taeyeon shook her head and heave out a big sigh.

“yes, surgically operated person.” She said. “this paranoid girl will marry you.”

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!”

Aigoo, booya?” taeyeon turned around and saw leeteuk’s family and friends, Inyoung, Hyoyeon, Donghae, Heechul, Siwon, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Seohyun, and her own friends and family, Sunny, Ryeowook, Kangin and Tiffany appearing at the back of the kitchen, holding mini trumpets, balloons and congratulatory banners.

“you guys were here the whole time??” taeyeon couldn’t believe it.

Leeteuk smiled. “I need to have my witnesses dear.” He said, helping her to stand.

“you planned this!”

“I always have plans.” Leeteuk shrugged.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “you…” she said. then out of the blue, she suddenly grinned. “well, you don’t know about my next plan, huh?”

“huh?”

“operation kiss attack!” taeyeon planted big kisses on leeteuk’s cheek amidst of the cheering people witnessing and tiffany’s scream that sent kangin and siwon to cover their ears.

aiyoo, PDA.” Ryeowook chuckled and placed a hand to cover his eyes.

------------------------

Photo studio

“miss kim, please stay put for a minute.”

Taeyeon could swear her eyes could pop out.

“teuk.” She mouthed, easing her short skirt. Leeteuk chuckled and could only watch as his fiancée did a couple of modeling in front of the camera.

aigoo, so much for announcing to the world that I will be your wife.” she hissed.

“the world has to know, my dear. Can I see the shots?” he asked the camera man. Leeteuk’s eyes were then filled with shots of taeyeon in casual dresses. There were so many good shots that it felt odd for him to choose only one.

“can we have a shot where she’s in a gown?”

“what???”

“dear.” Leeteuk said. “you have to wear something formal with me.”

“I’m a commoner, I should wear something casual!”

Leeteuk heave out a sigh.

“you don’t have to stress that out.” he smiled. “you have other dresses at the dressing room, you could pick whatever you want. There’s quite a lot, hyoyeon and noona also handpicked what’s good for y---”

“I will stay with this.” Taeyeon pointed to her flowery dress.

“its going to be published in the newspapers.”

“so what?” taeyeon said. “isn’t it better if they see who I really am?”

“they already know.” Leeteuk said patiently. “I just want to have a shot where people could see you as my would be- wife.”
“can I not be your wife wearing this??”

“taeng…”

“I will wear whatever I want.” Taeyeon said airily. Leeteuk bit his lip and exchanged glances with the cameraman.

“taeyeon.”

“I told you I’m not changing.” Taeyeon crossed her arms. She could see leeteuk’s lips forming a slight pout and the creases of her brows started to fade.

“love.” leeteuk said. “for me, please?”
“alright alright.”

“I love you.” Leeteuk smiled.

aish, uncle cameraman could hear you!” taeyeon blushed.

“at least he knows that you’re marrying me not for money.” Leeteuk patted the cameraman’s shoulders. “okay, you go down there, I’ll wait for you until you get changed.”

Taeyeon nodded and headed towards a door leading to the dressing room.

When she got out, she was wearing a yellow off shouldered gown.

“wow, so pretty.” Leeteuk said.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and headed towards the stage next to leeteuk.

“ready?” he asked her. taeyeon nodded and took his hand. “ahjussi, were ready.”

“okay.” Said the cameraman. “on the count of three please smile, hana, deul, set…”

CLICK!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is where the story ends. thank you so much for reading! those who continued to read the story even if the update took long, thank you! to those who commented since the first chapter, you guys really gave me the will to continue doing long updates, kkk, and to those who read the story since the beginning, since the cold hearted jungsu and frugal taeyeon met... thank you :) 

NEXT...

a birds eye view of another story i'm still thinking, whether to have it continued or dropped, i dont have the detailed plot yet but here it is.