Illogical Jealously

My Best Friend The P.e.r.v.e.r.t

6.

"So Hobi! Tell me about your new roommate, do you guys get along well?" Chungha chimed curiously, slowly sipping her blueberry flavoured bubble tea. Namjoon raised a brow, also interested, which poor soul has to deal with their friend's exceedingly loud persona.

"He's alright. Quite a reserved fellow if you ask me, but I'm sure he'll warm up one day, so that we can act like good old chums." The boy giggled happily, his smile easily infecting the other two.

"What's his name then?" Namjoon asked.

"Min Yoongi, but he also goes by the name Suga, but only his closest bros get to call him." Hobi explained.

"I'm guessing you haven't had that privilege yet?" Namjoon inquired. In response the older boy immediately shrunk back in his seat. Chungha chuckled lightly, "Don't worry Hobi, you'll get closer to him, it's just a matter of time, when this Suga guy realises how cool you are."

Hobi held back a huge smile from Chungha's words of encouragement, she always knew what to say to lift up any mood. "Thanks Chungha-ah, you should become a cheerleader. You're awesome at cheering up people, not to mention you're a great a dancer, from what I've heard."

Almost like a in a trance, Chungha stopped slurping her drink. Namjoon easily sensed as the girl became tense on the couch next to him, his eyes daring to look at the grim expression she currently yielded. Poor Hoseok, stared at the both of them like a confused pup, not understanding why the sudden drop in mood from the both of them. Chungha, momentarily dazed, smiled bitterly at her empty cup in hand before forcing out a laugh, which came out louder than intended, scaring Hoseok a bit.

"Er no, I don't think that it would suit me. Thank you for the suggestion though I'm flattered." Her voice sounding eerily calm, Hoseok's eyes bounced nervously from her sombre expression to the emotionally constipated one Namjoon seemed to be fostering.

Hoseok cleared his throat awkwardly, "Right...so um tell me about your roommate, do you guys get along?" Hoseok asked smoothly changing the topic.

And just like that the both of them brightened up simultaneously, Namjoon already registered to groan at the mention of roommates. Chungha laughed quietly, "Namjoon gets along with his roommate just smashing. Like a house on fire, those two." Chungha inputs causing Namjoon to grunt irately, elbowing her side gently.

"Alright, alright we get it. What about you and you're newly found nemesis? Huh?" Namjoon lamely prodded.

"Oooh what's this I hear, you already have a nemesis. Spill the tea!" Hoseok babbled loudly. Chungha snorted abashedly "I would hardly call him a nemesis, just some conceited jerk I happen to bump into often-"

As she spoke, a certain orange haired male was rooted to the ground next to their table.

"Salutations fresh meat. Unfortunately we meet again." Jimin forced out with tight smile painted on his face, while his eye twitched unbearably from anger. Chungha slowly looked up, not believing her ears. She looked at him with a blank face before turning back to Hoseok, ignoring Jimin's presence entirely. And spoke while gesturing flourishingly at the orange haired male as though she was promoting a new product at a retail store.

"And here I present to you 'conceited-jerk™'." Chungha declared to the puzzled Hoseok.

"E-excuse me?" Jimin spluttered incredulously.

"You're excused." She cut in, languidly sipping now from Namjoon's drink, which so far has gone unnoticed by the owner.

Jimin clenched his teeth as he glowered down at her relaxed form, sitting comfortably right in his spot, after just blatantly roasting him.

"Yah! You barbaric mongrel, who the hell do you think you are?!" Jimin nipped his voice edging up in volume and octave.

A beautiful smirk spread across her face, as she stood up abruptly and spun round to him. Jimin's eyes widened by a fraction watching her with anger and surprise, the look Chungha was used to inflicting. She let the straw of Namjoon's drink slide out leisurely, her eyes keeping his, as hostages. Jimin held his breath, his cheeks slowly warming as he awaited for her next course of action.

"You want to know who I am?" she purred, her voice laced with jest which could easily be misinterpret as flirtation. Jimin visibly gulped, as he hopelessly tried to maintain his intimidating appearance. Namjoon, watched the show with amusement, reaching out blindly for his drink, till he frowned realizing it was currently occupied by the main protagonist of the show. 

The girl leaned over Jimin's shoulder, holding the frazzled boy upright "I am Chungha. K I M C H U N G H A. And if you know any better, you should remember that name. It might come in handy later. When you're on your knees begging, for forgiveness." She spoke slowly and clearly, pursing her lips from bursting out in wicked laughter, at the count of his horrified reaction. Who knew it could be this fun messing with him.

"Y-you! W-what? You...you're disrespecting the wrong person, . My father owns you, he can easily get rid of pests like you!" Jimin stuttered angrily his face brewing a cherry colour.

Namjoon laughed out humourlessly, standing up next to Chungha, his arms crossed, "Yes that is true. But we're not at your precious school as of this moment. As I recall the principal stated, any unorderly behaviour of conduct, doesn't account from outside of school grounds. Unless... "Jimin hesitantly took a step back from Namjoon as he practically loomed over him.

"Does your daddy own this bubble tea shop as well?" he spoke out mockingly, putting on a sickly sweet baby voice. Chungha giggled out loudly followed by Hoseok, Jimin raised a brow at their consistent laughter, before a crooked smirk wriggled its way up onto his mouth.

"I don't, no. But..."

"I do. "A clear voice intruded, instantaneously gathering all their attention. Once their laughter dies, Jin smiles, holding his chin between finger and thumb elegantly.

Namjoon blinks rapidly at the new guy, he as whole exceedingly handsome, obviously a lady charmer. Chungha couldn't help but rack her eyes over the princely fellow, the urge to swoon suddenly came to mind. This was pretty much obvious by the way Chungha ogled the man. Namjoon already hated this guy.

"I'm afraid we don't like ill-mannered folk at this café, it ruins the whole image we thrive to make here. To put it simply, you don't belong here." His voice sounding polite as he spoke words full of malice.

"You can't just kick us out, we've done nothing wrong." Hoseok shouted angrily.

"Really? I guess we see things differently then. Because I think I can and I will. You've insulted one of my well-paying customers." Seokjin fired out at Namjoon, causing him to reel back.

"You're loudness is disturbing those who are trying to relax around you." Seokjin pointedly looked at Hoseok.

"And you my dear, have indirectly threatened my customer." he let out smoothly, as he took a step closer to Chungha. Her eyebrows knitted together now as she tried not let on, how his handsome, yet sinister grin was effecting her. "Why don't you be a good girl, take your rag tag groupie and hop on out. Hmm?" his condescending tone piercing through her ears. Namjoon was seething at this point, no one gets to speak to his best friend like that, no one. So for the first time ever, the smart boy neglected his brains and used muscle. Or the minimal muscle he did have.

His fist connected with Seokjin perfectly polished nose.

 

Then havoc began.

_____

 

Then havoc ended.

Not long after the trio where thrown out the café by security after Namjoon mauled Seokjin in his all too perfect face. The boy had hysterically yelled after them, promising prosecution for damaging his "treasured goods". At that, Chungha had burst out laughing, all previous attraction for the angelic looking boy, immediately vanishing.

Now they were cooped up in the warmth of Namjoon's dorm room, Taehyung luckily nowhere in sight to disturb them. Hoseok had left earlier saying something about buying lamb skewers to bond with his cold roommate.

Chungha huffed as she browsed through the internet on Namjoon's laptop in search for a good film.

"Hey Joonie what do you want to watch?" Chungha called out to Namjoon who was in his en suite shower, washing out the obnoxiously pink, bubble tea Seokjin had dumped on him earlier.

"Why don't we finish that last season we were on of friends?" he called back.

"Good idea, I think we're on season 5." Chungha trailed off as she tapped way on the laptop. It was usual occurrence for the two, to watch Friends - the popular American sitcom. It became an enjoyable tradition of theirs, to watch it on rainy days when you had nothing better to do. Not to mention it helped them learn English much quicker, even if was with Chandler's snide remarks.

"Also, don't go through my web history!" Namjoon called out belatedly, as Chungha automatically grimaced.

"Trust me after the last time, there's no amount of money in this world that can make me go through that again." Chungha yelled back.

Namjoon's laughter echoed loudly, through the bathroom door, instinctly making Chungha smile.

"Ah, you sick bastard." She muttered, shaking her head.

Chungha leaned back from her position on Namjoon's bed, propping her elbows on his dark green quilt as she observed Taehyung's side of their room. He's actually tidier than I expected. She was already aware that he wasn't the most normal of folk if his unorthodox behaviour was anything to go by. But the colourful assortment of ties hanging out of his wardrobe and the muppet frog placed neatly on his bed, sure caused amusement to the girl. Her eyes then wandered over to his bedside table, where a small polka dot box lay, with what seemed to be little holes cut out on the top. Chungha raised a brow at the object, Namjoon was still in the shower and Taehyung was nowhere in sight, so what would be the harm of taking a little peek.

Stealthily, Chungha jumped off the bed and crept towards the box, with a mischievous grin. As though it wasn't invasion of his privacy, Chungha took the box, shaking it slightly next to her ear. Before carefully opening it with curious eyes, just then the door knob twisted open. Chungha's face scrunched up in disgust as her eyes caught sight of it.

"No!!! JACK! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!!!" Taehyung roared as he burst through the door once he saw Chungha holding his now, dead pet moth. The boy literally dived at her, snatching the creature from her hands, as he collapsed to the ground, sobbing his heart out.

Chungha watched astonished as the boy lamented. "No Jack! You left too soon! It should've been me. You still had so many dreams and ambitions to pursue." He cried as he cradled his pet in his huge hands, delicately. By this point, Namjoon had finished his shower and had come to stand by his shock frozen friend, shaking his wet locks with a towel, as she watched with a mixture of confusion and amusement. From the side he peered at Chungha to witness her reaction.

"Wow... I haven't seen you this disgusted since the last time you saw my web search history." Namjoon dully commented. Chungha shot him look of warning.

"You know what... I take back what I said about him. Your roommate's, a lunatic." Chungha muttered.

Namjoon snorted, "I think lunatic, is a bit of an understatement."

Chungha laughed looking up at him, "School hasn't even started, and we've already met so many crazy people. How are we gonna survive?" she asked light-heartedly.

"That's good question." Namjoon hummed thoughtfully, as they both watched Taehyung cover the moth's body with piece of tissue like you would to a dead corpse.

After a moment Namjoon spoke up again.

"I think we'll be all right... as long as we have each other's backs. We will be okay." He said quietly looking at nothing in particular, the girl turned her gaze to him smiling softly, as a shy smile emerged on Namjoon's lips also. The girl nudged him playfully in the ribs.

Only inches away from his thrumming heart.

_____

"Hello class, my name is Miss Watanabe for those of you who do not know me. Yes, I am Japanese and no, I do not eat fish for breakfast. Moving on..." She announced in a bored tone as though, she's had been compelled to do this previously before.

Chungha giggled into the back of her hand as Namjoon poked her side to get her to listen. The pair stood at the back of the classroom with the rest of the students before they were to be assigned to their seats. The girl felt jittery from the anticipation, hoping that her seatmate –if not Namjoon- would be friendly at the very least.

"As you have eyes, I have composed a seating chart on the board here, so please sit at your allocated seats. I want no complaining, no swapping, if you do not have a legitimate reason for your reluctance to seat your but down, then I don't want to hear it. Case closed."

Once abrupt lady finished, the students moved around like bees to their allocated hives, some happy with the arrangement, some not so much.

Chungha plopped herself down and looked around nervously, awaiting for her fated seatmate. Only to be left discouraged as she noticed everyone was already seated.

No way, I have to sit by myself for the whole year!

Momentarily Chungha met her best friend's gaze and being the morally supportive friend he is. He stuck his tongue out, as he motioned to the gorgeous girl he happened to be put next to, only to start making a crude hand gestures behind his seatmates back. Chungha rolled her eyes and faced her book of notes. At this, Namjoon's smirk faded, replaced with a look of subdued guilt.

"Right now that you're all seated, let's begin by introducing ourselves-"

The teacher was cut off by the brisk slam of the door. Followed with a rush of footsteps and hurried apologies. The teacher scolded the late party, before saying, "You're sitting with Chungha."

Almost immediately, Chungha's head whipped up to the sound of her name. Her eyes narrowing on the boy, she's definitely met before.

Is this a joke?

The boy finished his stammer of an apology and gingerly sat down next to Chungha, flashing her a nervous smile, as he felt her curious eyes on the side of his face.

"Jungkook, was it?" Chungha asked, slightly hesitant. Fleetingly, a look of awe passed through his face, until a bright smile lit up his features.

"You remember, me?" He asked louder than intended.

Chungha gave him a once over suspiciously, before he began chuckling awkwardly.

"It's just that um, most people forget my name, since I'm not that memorable. Being friends with someone as... flamboyant as Jimin, people tend to forget about me. So I'm surprised you can even recall my name." He explained before realizing his own awkwardness, a cringe b onto his face. Chungha pursed her lips trying not to smile as she watched the cute, socially awkward boy rub the back of his neck lamely.

He's not too bad, considering he's friends with a douche...

"Don't underrate yourself, like that. I'm sure lots of people notice you..." Chungha hummed out loud, while playing with corner of her page. Jungkook blinked at her, his cheeks turning pink. He really thought himself to be dull and unnoticeable sometimes.

"...I mean who wouldn't notice you, if you fly into the classroom, caveman style." Chungha teased turning to him. Jungkook spluttered as Chungha giggled at his reaction.

"Damn the one time, I actually wanted to go unnoticed." Jungkook muttered light heartedly, making Chungha smile.

"Well, if I ever need to make a grand entrance, I'll know who to call." Chungha joked making the boy laugh, his uneasiness from before slowly slipping away.

Across the classroom Namjoon was immersed into an EXTREMELY interesting conversation about the new Louis Vuitton spring collection, together with his busty new seatmate. Which he was miraculously not ogling over this very moment. No, instead he was watching the friendly exchange -which seemed anything but that- between his best friend and her new male friend, with attentive eyes. Teeth agitatedly chewing on the end of his pen lid. His mood seemingly beginning to submerge into the sea of despair. As he watched masochistically, Chungha slapping her new friend on the shoulder as they playfully bantered.

They seem to be on close terms, quickly... Damnit Namjoon stay in your lane, first you get misjudge Taehyung, now this big-nosed guy. Stop behaving like some jealous boyfriend, and stop wishing you were...

You're her best friend, that's all. It's time you start acting like one.

"Hey are you even listening?" the nameless girl asked, her little noise wrinkled with slight irritation. Namjoon's eyes immediately bounced back on to her, however a tad too late. The Busan girl pulled a face, as she observed his previous sight of interest.

"Already have eyes on other girls, I see. Don't blame you, I see the appeal. Nice hair, expressive eyes, average chest size... but I still think I'm still cuter." The girl responded languidly, carefully running her hand through her cascading locks.

Namjoon gaped at her. For once he was rendered utterly speechless.

"Um, she's my best friend..." the lanky male announced.

After a moment of consideration, the female seatmate gave him a look of sympathy. "Oh, honey! I didn't realize it was like that." She chimed sadly, rubbing his shoulder comfortingly. Namjoon frowned, once again completely confused to what she was insinuating.

"Um, like what?" he asked unsure.

"That cute girl you were ogling, friend zoned you. Didn't she?" She stated with a pout.

Namjoon almost choked, "I-I wasn't ogling her! ...I'm just... protecting her." He said unconvincingly. The nameless girl quirked a brow in amusement, "From who exactly?" In response Namjoon nodded his head in the direction of big-nosed guy.

Once her eyes landed on Jungkook, she whistled lowly. "Damn, you like picking the tough ones, don't ya?" She smirked as she undressed Jungkook with hungry eyes.

"Excuse me?" Namjoon spluttered out.

"What? No offence but your noodle arms have no chance against that muscle pig." She said bluntly. Namjoon pouted, looking down at his long arms that dangled uselessly against his sides.

"Besides, everyone would die to be muscle pig's aka Jeon Jungkook's significant other. He's talented, wealthy and as you can see, TREMENDUOUSLY hot. I would have jumped him years ago, if he wasn't so socially awkward around girls." She sighed wistfully, resting her chin on her perfectly manicured hand. Namjoon grimaced at her before his eyes unwillingly fell back onto the newly formed duo, who seemed to be in the middle of humorous banter. Sceptical frown returning to his face.

"Socially awkward, you say? He seems to be hitting it off with Chungha, just fine." He bit out angrily. His seatmate flinching at his sudden change of tone, her eyes darting back to Namjoon's figuratively steaming face.

"Woah...you should talk more, like that. It's hot. I'm sure even Chungha, can't resist that y, gravelly caveman voice of yours." The Busan girl commented with shining eyes.

Namjoon did choke that time. The pen lid he was furiously chewing on earlier, flying back into his throat causing him to begin wheezing for breath. Surrounding classmates soon started to turn in their seats to witness Namjoon's pathetic nearing death experience.

Which of course meant Chungha also, realized what was happening to him.

"Joonie! Oh my god!" she screamed, as she jumped from her seat instantly, rushing to him like a frightened mother hen. Chungha proceeded to wrap her arms around his waist, squeezing her arms tightly against his stomach, a couple of times.

And just like that, the regurgitated, saliva-covered pen lid flew out his mouth and landed ceremoniously in his new professor's tea mug, with a small plop. Miss Watanabe, slowly looked down into her drink, her face devoid of emotion before deciding to drop her whole mug into the bin.