Father and business proposal

A Single Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

After exiting the terminal area of the airport, her personal driver, who have been waiting for her in the airport lobby, greets her with a bow and retrieves the luggage before escorting her to the car. She closes her eyes in the backseat contemplating everything that happened in the past two years while she was away. It felt odd for her to be back. It didn’t feel like home, but then again, it hasn’t felt like home since her mom left her dad for another man.

She lets out a sigh, not excited to be back. It wasn’t her choice. Her dad told her to come back immediately after turning over her duties in Japan to another person. He didn’t tell her the reason for coming back except that she was needed in Korea.

“Miss Park, we are here”

She opens her eyes and step out of the car to face her two-story house that she recently bought for her return to Korea.

“Miss Park?”

She turns around to face him as he smiles at her wryly. He’s in his fifties and he has taken care of her since she was a young girl. Seeing her again made him realize how old he has gotten.

“I know you’re tried from your flight and it’s only seven in the morning, but Mr. Park-” he stops mid-sentence at her knowing smile as she nods at him.

“Mr. Lee, thank you for picking me up” she gives him a brief hug

“Miss Park, it is my pleasure” he bows slightly

She frowns at him. “Mr. Lee, please stop the formality. I’ve missed you…”

He smiles warmly at her. “I’ve missed you too Ms. Shinhye. Now, you should go on inside and take a quick nap or shower. I’ll bring in your luggage”

She looks at him hesitantly before nodding. She knows her dad is waiting for her and she knows better than to keep him waiting.

Inside the two-story house, everything is furnished to her taste from the color scheme to the specific furniture she had to have. She makes her way upstairs to her room. She lays down on the couch that is facing the bed with one arm over her eyes. Can this day be over already… she ask herself, already knowing the answer. Sitting up right, she stands up and head over to the connected bathroom to the right to take a quick shower before getting ready to meet her dad.

In her fitted charcoal knee length dress under a black blazer with black Jimmy choo stilettoes and a black YSL bag in one arm, she enters the eight hundred feet tall building of Park Co. with Mr. Lee trailing behind. As she makes her way through the building to her dad’s office, employees bow. When she enters the elevator, employees who are already in it, gets out and leave the empty elevator to her and Mr. Lee.

Reaching the very top floor, she smooths out her dress, blazer and hair as she exits the elevator. She had to be perfect, without a flaw when she’s in the presence of her dad. She’s always nervous about seeing the older man. He had always terrified her even now as a grown woman. 

His secretary, who sits in front of his office, gets up from her seat and bows respectfully before turning around to knock on the door. They all hear a voice before the secretary opens the door for her to enter. She turns back to Mr. Lee who gives a reassuring smile. She takes a quick deep breath to calm her nerves before entering the room.

Her dad is busy on the phone as he glances at her. She glances back, standing in front of his desk as she waits for him to conclude his call. When he finishes, he stands up and walk around his desk to greet her.

“Nice to have you back Shinhye” he extends his hand out to her.

“It’s nice to be back Director Park” she gives him a small smile as she takes his hand into hers.

He ushers for her to take a seat as he makes his way back to his. Now they’re sitting directly across each other.

“I’m sorry for pulling you back here so suddenly from Japan. I know you are needed over there and I can assure you that once you have done your part over here, you are free to go back to the Japan branch if you wish.”

“Thank you Director Park, but I am fine with staying here if that is where I am needed sir” she feels a small twinge in her chest as she tries to let out small smile.

“I’m glad to hear that. I think it is best that you stay here from now on. You have been to every single branch we have, learning everything that you can in each of the country since you graduated high school. It is time to think about your position here at Park Co” he looks at her seriously.

She feels tightening up at his gaze upon her as she tries to breath in and out evenly.

“Yeh Director Park…”

He gives her an empty smile. “That will be set aside for another time. You are to go to the board of directors meeting after this as representative for Park Co. Once the meeting is over, President Choi from Choi Inc will discuss his business plans he want to collaborate with us. You will oversee this project. I trust that you can handle this” he leans forward onto his desk as he interlaces his fingers.

She is shock from the information he has given her, but she doesn’t show it. She knows it is a big deal for him to trust her to handle this project with the Choi's.

“Thank you for trusting me and giving me this opportunity. I will not fail you” she bows slightly in her seat.

He turns back to his computer screen as she takes note it is time for her to leave. She stands up, bow, and exit the room. She walks over to the elevator and enters with Mr. Lee right behind her.

He glances at her. “Miss Shinhye, are you okay…?”

She leans against the wall, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter