Airport: First Encounter

A Single Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looks out the window to see clouds all around with the sun barely peeking through. She closes the window and face forward in her seat before closing her eyes. It has been a long trip and she just can’t wait to get back home already.

A few hours later, the pilot announces their arrival and thank everyone for flying with Eva Airline. First class departs first so she gathers her bag in one hand and makes her way through the aisle to the exit, thanking the flight attendants before stepping off the plane. She proceeds to the baggage claim area where there already a sea of people. She lets out a sigh and stand off to the side to avoid the chaos ensuing right in front of her. She glances around, observing the people at this crowded airport but she wouldn’t have it any other way because it shows she’s home.

She notices a halmoni falling after pulling her bag off the baggage carousel. She rushes over to help her up and as she reaches down to grab the bag, but someone steps on her hand. She immediately lets out a yelp and grab her hand with the other hand, messaging the pain area. The halmoni ask if she was okay but she only nods and hand halmoni the bag before looking around to search for the person who stepped on her hand and left without an apology. She recognizes the shoes from the person not too far ahead so she races after the person. She wasn’t about to let someone step on her and not say anything. She pulls the person arm causing him to turn around and stare at her in shock, but another person shoves her hand off and stands in between them.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” he shouts.

She takes one step closer to him, not intimidated at all by his yelling. She shoves her hand that was stepped on into his face.

“The person behind you stepped on my hand and didn’t apologize”, she said calmly while shifting her eyes to the culprit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter