Chapter 2

One Way Ticket Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Woo woke up because of the light shining on her face. The window in her aunt's room was behind her bed, so she didn't expect the light coming from a window. Ji Woo shut her eyes again and opened it so her vision would become clearer. She wondered for a minute before she realized she wasn't in her aunt's room, but someplace else.

She sat up and looked around. She was in a room, bigger than the one she sleeps in and a whole lot cleaner. The light blue walls complemented the sleek black furniture. She also noticed the fact that she was actually on a bed and not on the floor where she usually sleeps.
 

Her attention was then put to the thing that moved beside her. It was a person wearing a black tank top, back facing her. She then realized it was Jackson and that she was in his room.
 

The memory of last night then flashed in her mind: *"who are you?" Ji Woo asked the girl taking her dress off. "I'm sir Jackson's maid." The girl asked. "where am I?" She asked again. "You're in his room." The maid answered as she slipped the t-shirt over Ji Woo's head and covered her body. Ji Woo was too tired to ask more questions and closed her eyes again. "Thank you." She whispered to the maid and went back to sleep. *


Ji Woo took a deep breath and gently hopped of the bed, making sure not to wake Jackson up. If her gut feel was right, he carried her from the car to his room, and she was sorry for that. Ji Woo knew she was heavy and didn't like it when people carried her.

She went in the bathroom and looked at her reflection. She gagged at the sight of herself, with her mascara all smudged and pooled under her eyes. She noticed that most of her makeup was off and wondered if the maid wiped it off.

Ji Woo the faucet and washed her face. She then looked up and looked around for some face wash Jackson might have. Spotting a bottle of Aloe Vera facial wash, she took it and washed her face. She then pat dry her face with whatever towel she saw and went out. Jackson was still asleep, so Ji Woo slipped out of the room quietly as she could.

Ji Woo went down the staircase and was left with three choices. She didn't know where the kitchen was and Jackson's house was huge. Choosing a random one, she turned right and was directed to the living room. The Wang's living room was big, with a long black couch and two black arm chairs. The marble coffee table and white fluffy rug tied the whole room together and it looked like the living rooms you see in magazines. On the fire place, pictures of the family scattered and the bookshelf one corner had more pictures and awards won by all four family members.

Ji Woo walked to the bookshelf and looked at the pictures of Jackson and his other brother. Numerous fencing award were seen scattered around and a college diploma of both Wang siblings.


"Oh, ma'am, you're awake." Someone said. Ji Woo turned around and saw the maid that attended to her last night. "Please, just call me Ji Woo." She said. The maid smiled and said, "The kitchen's over there if you’re hungry, Ji Woo-sshi. Sir and Miss went out and will be back later tonight." Ji Woo nodded her head and followed the maid to the kitchen. As she expected, the Wang's kitchen was huge. It had a center island and a bar in front of the dining table.

The Wang's had everything Ji Woo wished she had in her kitchen - from the oven to the mixer. The even had an espresso machine, something that Ji Woo wanted so badly.

"Is there anything you want to eat, Ji Woo-sshi?" The maid asked. "It's okay, I can make it myself." The maid was taken aback but smiled. "If you need anything, just call out for me." She said. Ji Woo nodded but spoke before the maid disappeared. "What's your name?"  "Iseul, Ji Woo-sshi." Ji Woo nodded and Iseul left her.

Ji Woo opened the double door refrigerator and looked inside. It was filled with different kinds of food and Ji Woo's mind went haywire. She didn't know what she wanted to eat, but she took everything she saw out of the ref and placed it on the island. She closed the ref and looked at all the ingredients she took out of the ref to figure out what could cook.
"Hmmm, beef stew it is then." Ji Woo said to herself. She started making the beef stew but put some music on before she started. The Wangs had an all around sound system where you could just put your phone in the mound and the music would resonate throughout the entire house. Ji Woo shamelessly played Kpop songs as she cooked her beef stew.

Jackson turned around expecting to see someone beside him but was all alone. The loud music woke him up, which irritated him. He took his phone from the bedside table to check the time. The numbers 11:30 flashed on his home screen, meaning Jackson only had more or less 5 hours of sleep.

He groggily got out of bed, groaning and made his way to the bathroom to wash his face. He then went downstairs to look for the source of music. The maids greeted him, surprised he was already awake.

"Good morning, sir Jackson." Iseul said when she saw Jackson. Jackson nodded his head as a sign of accepting her greeting. "Have you seen Ji Woo?" He asked. Iseul nodded and pointed to the kitchen. Jackson thanked her and walked to the kitchen where he saw Ji Woo. She was in his shirt that was long for her and was dancing to some kpop song he did not know. He watched her, slightly amused. She was cooking something that smelled delicious and it made Jackson realize he was hungry.

Jackson looked for the source of music and saw Ji Woo's phone plugged on the wall. He pressed the home button then pressed the play button, and the music stopped. "Yah!" Ji Woo screamed, ready to fight whomever was halting her jam sesh, but when she turned around, Jackson was looking at her with one eyebrow up.

"Oh, " Ji Woo said. "Sorry, I thought it was someone else." She turned back around and went back to her beef stew. Jackson walked towards her to see what she was cooking. He peeked over her shoulder, making Ji Woo's hairs on her arm rise because of their close proximity. He was so close to her that one move and her back would touch his chest. "What are you making?" He asked. Ji Woo took a deep breath before answering, "beef stew." Ji Woo pretended to be busy and moved slightly so that her back would touch his chest. Jackson ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter