Chapter 1

One Way Ticket Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Estimated reading time: 16 Minutes

Ever since she was young, the people around Han Ji Woo told her that she was their lucky charm. When Ji Woo grew a bit older, a bit wiser, she realized that they didn’t see her as a lucky charm, but rather something they could use for their own personal benefit. Ji Woo’s dad’s small company will have its big break if they merge with Hong Kong’s biggest company owned by the Wangs. Everything was already planned out, but the only thing the Wangs specifically requested was for the Han’s daughter to be married to their son. Han Ji Hoon was skeptical at first, but agreed to this request for the sake of their company.

“You wanted this for your business, you go tell her.” Choi Yu Jin told her husband. She was against it, but was also hoping that her youngest daughter would agree. “How do I tell Ji Woo?” Ji Hoon asked his wife. She rubbed her husbands back, so he would calm down and think clearly. Just then a knock on their door was hear and Ji Woo entered their room.

“I’ll do it.” She said. The couple looked at their youngest daughter in shock. They did not know how she knew, but she did and she’s agreeing to it. “Honey, how did you...?” Ji Hoon asked. Ji Woo walked to where her mother and father were and sat down on the chair. “Appa, there isn’t anything I don’t know.” She said, and it was true. Call her nosy, but Ji Woo liked to call it curiosity, and when she saw Mr. Wang with her dad one day, she couldn’t help but listen in on their conversation.

“Honey, are you sure about this?” Ji Woo’s mother asked. She nodded her head and held her father’s hands. “I know this would be big for the company and I want what’s best for the both of you.” Ji Hoon hugged his daughter and kept thanking her. “I’ll call Mr. Wang right now and tell him the good news.” Ji Woo excused herself and went to her small desk in their living room.

 

"Oh really? Wonderful news, Ji Hoon-sshi! Let's have dinner next week so our children could meet." Wang Heenam said. He bid good bye to his now future in law and called Jackson to his office. Now it was his turn to tell his son. He was sure Jackson would not agree to it, but since Ji Woo is already on board, there was nothing his son could do.

A few minutes later someone knocked on his door and Jackson let himself in. He greeted his father and sat down on the chair in front of his desk. "What do you mean I'm getting married??" Jackson's voice boomed. He thought his father was going to scold him for coming home very late last night and intoxicated. It happened all the time and Jackson was already thinking about he punishment his dad would bestow upon him.

"My good friend Nam Ji Hoon and I will be merging our companies and so you'll have to marry his daughter." His father said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "And besides, Ji Woo has already agreed to it, so there is nothing you could do." His father said emphasizing the word "nothing."

Jackson knew that no matter what he said or what he did, there was no more changing his father's mind. "Okay fine, but I'm going out with the guys tonight, so don't wait up for me." His father smiled and allowed his son to go, much to Jackson's surprise. He went back to his room and got dressed to meet his friends at the bar they always went to.

"Your getting married??" Mark Tuan, Jackson's friend bellowed. Six guys looked at their friend, not believing what he just told them. GOT7, his little group, were now situated at their usual cabana in the club, looking all dumfounded. "My father and his friend are merging their companies and I have to marry his friend's daughter." Jackson explained the simplest way he could, and took a shot of tequila that quickly went down his throat and in his system.

"Wait wait,” Jin Young asked. “Do you know what she looks like at least?" Knowing how this whole arranged marriage worked. Jackson took out his phone and show the guys the picture of Ji Woo his dad sent to him.

"Yahh! She's hot!" Yugyeom shouted. The rest agreed, except for Jackson. "She's okay." He said. He admits that Ji Woo is good looking, but looks isn't the basis of marriage; but merging of two companies are, apparently.

"Anyway, congratulations to you. And may you be happy with your future wife." Jaebum, somewhat sarcastically said as he raised his shot glass. Five other guys laughed, but raised their shot glass and cheered with their hyung. Jackson took a shot with them, but it was more to try and forget this whole arrangement for now and just have fun.

As expected by everyone in their house, Jackson came home at 3am, too drunk to even function. He was about to pass out in the couch, when the maid helped him up to his room and laid him on his bed. This never happened before, but he figured it was his father's way to compensate. Too drunk and tired to think, Jackson passed out the moment his head touched his pillow.

 

~

 

"Han Ji Woo, change immediately! You're meeting with your future husband and in laws, not your friends." Ji Woo's mother said. She was wearing ripped jeans and a flannel, just a casual everyday outfit she would wear. She rolled her eyes and went to her brother's room, where her clothes were kept. She took out her "party" dress, a plain black dress, and wore that instead.

"I don't have anything “nicer” than this, so..." She said to her mother when she got to the first floor of their house. Her mother never liked Ji Woo's black dress - she felt it was too short, even though it reached the middle of her thighs. Ji Woo's mother, knew there was no point in telling her daughter to change, so they left the house and met with the Wangs.

"Ji Hoon! Yu Jin! Welcome!" Wang Heenam said when they arrived at the restaurant. Ji Hoon and Heenam hugged each other and they introduced the families.

"This is my wife Sofia." Heenam said introducing his wife to the Hans. "And this is my wife Yu Jin." Ji Hoon said introducing his wife to the Wangs. "This is Jackson, my youngest son." Jackson smiled and politely greeted his future in laws. "And this is my youngest daughter, Ji Woo." Ji Woo smiled at her future in laws, trying her best not to look as if she was about to kill them. She was known for her resting face, and tried hard not to get a bad first impression. Jackson and Ji Woo looked at each other, and she greeted him with a smile.

She had to admit, he was good looking, and that made it a lot easier for her. Of course marriage was the last thing on her mind, but here she is, meeting her future husband's family.

"So, Ji Woo, I heard you're in your 3rd year of college?" Jackson's mother asked. They were now eating Chinese food, the only thing that made Ji Woo come today. "Yes, Mrs. Wang." Sofia Wang giggled at Ji Woo's use of honorifics. "Please, Ji Woo, just call me eomeonim." The whole table laughed, except for Jackson who rolled his eyes.

"What are you taking?" Mr. Wang asked. "I'm majoring in Production and Stage Design," Ji Woo paused, thinking of how to call Mr. Wang. But he looked at her and smiled, "abeoji...?" The table laughed again, and again Jackson just rolled his eyes. His immediate first impression of Ji Woo was that she was a child. A child who was always prim and proper and acted like a lady. The only thing Jackson saw that was “20-year old college student” was her short black dress and glam makeup look. But other than that, she seemed like the type of person you’d introduce to your mother. (Which is I guess why they’re there, right?)

Dinner progressed as the fathers talked about business and the mothers along with Ji Woo talked about the wedding. "I've always envisioned my wedding in a church, don’t have one in particular, unless you have a specific one.” Ji Woo said while the two older women listen to her intently. “But as for the reception, I really want it to be outdoors, like in a garden without the tent thing.” Jackson’s mother looked at Ji Woo, beyond amazed. “You really have it all planned, huh?” She asked. Ji Woo shrugged, and took a bite of her ice cream. “So is this what you’ve been doing instead of focusing on your studies, Han Ji Woo?” Ji Woo’s mother asked, sending daggers at her daughter. “Mother, please. I major in production design and could work as an events planner. Weddings are one of the most important events out there.”

Jackson looked at Ji Woo, unable to believe her. They were arranged to get married like a week ago and they only met today, but here she was already planning their wedding as if she’s been planning it her whole life. She looked like the type of person that does whatever she was told and seemed like she was the type to be pushed around. She looked innocent and basically a child.

He’s been texting Mark the entire night. They were to meet again along with the group, but this time it would just be a chill hangout sesh, instead of the club. It was almost 9pm, and it looks as if they weren’t finishing anytime soon. “Mom, I’m meeting the guys, remember?” Jackson whispered to his mother who was going over color s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter