The Pilot of Royal Air Force

Iron Bird
Please log in to read the full chapter

2. The Pilot of Royal Air Force

 

Yuri suffered from broken ribs, broken legs, and her left arm’s joint torn off from its socket. She was in great pain, but she made it.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you out of your mind?” Tiffany screamed straight at Taeyeon, who was looking down on the ground to avoid her girlfriend’s fury eyes.

“It’s my duty Fany.. I can’t refuse it.”

“I don’t give a damn whether it’s your duty or not. I refuse to wake up one day with a WAAF officer knocking on my door telling me that you won’t back home forever.”

“It won’t be. Look at Yuri, she’s home now.”

Tiffany laughed sarcastically, “Oh wow. You just have to use Yuri as an example don’t you? She was so close to being buried with my sister crying her life away for her.”

Taeyeon looked straight at Tiffany’s eyes. “I am aware of the consequences. You’re right. Yuri almost didn’t make it but she survived at the end. She told me it was the thought of Yoona that help her to fight for her life.” Taeyeon stepped forward, she reached Tiffany’s right hand and held it tight.

“I will need your support Tiffany. I have to help our country for its people. For you. For our future. If being a pilot is the only way then I will do it and I hope you’ll be on my side, praying for my safety as I fight out there for our beloved nation, for us.”

 

 

Tiffany wanted to kick Taeyeon hard on her foot, breaking her leg, just so Taeyeon lost her qualification to be a new recruit for RAF. But deep down she knew that Taeyeon had to do this. They didn’t have other choices.

“Okay.. but I need you to be the best pilot that WAAF has. I want you to be able to fly that freaking plane so fast that those Nazis can’t catch up with you.”

“I promise.” Taeyeon pulled Tiffany into her embrace. She her girlfriend’s wavy hair as she closed her eyes, savoring their moment, planted it inside her mind. “Hey, don’t cry. You know I’ll be better than Yuri, I mean, I am already an engineer. I can fix the plane even up in the air.”

Tiffany chuckled, she snorted as tears filled her nose. “No you can’t do that Taetae.”

“Of course I can do that, it’s one of emergency plans” Taeyeon smiled as she heard Tiffany soft laugh. “I promise you we will be okay. I will protect you. I’ll fight for our country. For you. For us.”

 

 

 

The Great Britain military General knew that it was hard to defeat Germany in its army force so they decided to strengthen their Navy and Air Force power. The Royal Air Force needed new pilots to fly their fighter plane so they recruited WAAF personnel, both pilots and others with related qualification to be trained as a fighter pilot. Taeyeon Kim a Squadron Officer who worked in maintenance department as aircraft engineer was judged fit into RAF criteria.

With support from her other half, Taeyeon Kim began her training as a fighter pilot.

 

 

 

   

 

 

Nazi Germany continued their advancement. They next target was to make a land invasion of United Kingdom, but they lacked in naval power as UK’s Navy force; The Royal Navy was the strongest naval force in the world.

They decided to proceed the Blitzkrieg using air raid.

Nazi’s air force known as ‘Luftwaffe’ begin their attack

 on important cities of UK on 1940.

 

On late August 1940, Luftwaffe commenced air raid on Central London

 

“It was night when London was ringed and stabbed with fire.”

 

None of the Londoners expected this to happen. The night just fallen from the skies.

The quietness of the calm evening broke out as the sirens rang continuously from all part of the town. The people aware of this. Once the sirens wailing loudly it meant danger was coming.

A 9 years old kid, named Brian, got out of his house to see what was happening. He saw some people were on the street along with him, to check on the condition. Then one of the neighbor he knew, pointed at the sky.

It was not clear before, but there he could see a figure like bird, maybe a plane or dozens of plane flew closer and closer to where he stood, with light coming from below. He thought it was the RAF and he was going to wave at his favorite armed force, until he heard the same person who noticed the plane first yelled at them.

 

“AIR ATTACK!!”

 

Then everything was crumbling right in front of his eyes. He saw fire. Fire all over the town. He saw his house burning in fire. He saw people lying on the street. He ran as fast as he could, away from the fire.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was polishing her assigned fighter plane; the Boulton Paul Deviant, when she heard the alarm ringing from what was like everywhere. Along with her, the other RAF trainees ran out of the hangar to see what was going on outside.

Before they stepped their feet outside, they were bombarded with thousands of guns firing at them from above. They ducked down in reflex.

 

“WE’RE UNDER ATTACK! GRAB EVERYTHING YOU CAN, FLY THE DAMN PLANE! FIGHT BACK!”

 

Taeyeon heard Sergeant White’s voice loud and clear. She backed up and ran right to her fighter plane. She jumped in the cockpit to start the plane.

 

“MOVE! MOVE! EAGLE FORMATION! SPITFIRE ON THE FRONT!”

 

Following the instruction, Taeyeon waited for the Spitfire’s pilot; Michael, to takeoff first before following behind as support. As seeing the plane takeoff ahead of her, she gave signal to her fellow Deviant pilot to takeoff first.

As she flew higher, Taeyeon could see a glimpse of Nazi’s flag on the planes that kept coming towards the London sky.

 

“Tae, cover my right side. Jhon, on the left.” Michael talked over their radio control.

“Roger that.” Taeyeon moved her joystick towards her left side then accelerated to balance the spitfire.

“Tae, Nazi’s 2 o’clock.” Jhon said

Taeyeon fired her machine gun, it hit the left wing of the Luftwaffe’s fighter plane. “Got it! Yeah!”

 

“Good job, cover me from behind” Michael said as she moved ahead of Tae to cut over the German’s

“Bloody hell! That was dangerous!”

“Life a little Jhon.” Michael chuckled at the radio control.

 

Taeyeon, high on adrenaline wanted to catch after one Luftwaffe plane that was firing their incendiary gun at the buildings below.

“Our 11 o’clock, arsehole setting buildings on fire. Can you take it Jhon?”

“Cover my left wing Tae, Mich cover my back.”

Jhon took over their formation control, flying straight at the Luftwaffe. He fired his gun but the enemy a

Please log in to read the full chapter