Chapter 2

Say Yes -달의 연인 (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why Goryeo? Why me? Why? No matter how much I think about it. I just couldn't really put an answer to it.. Everything just seemed like a blur. Was there something I was forgetting? It doesn't make any sense. Perhaps, if I was summoned here.. Did I have a mission or something to complete in Goryeo? What purpose do I have to suddenly appear in the palace.. I mean, for all I care I could've probably ended up as a servant or something but no- I just had to land in the body of a very important lady.. That must mean something right?

My thoughts were interrupted when a palace maid suddenly exclaimed something aloud.

"Princess Yeonhwa has arrived!'

The doors immediately opened to reveal a young beautiful maiden who no doubt is about the same age as mine. She also wore traditional clothing made of fine silk and her hair was also done in braids similar to mine. She emitted an elegant aura as she made her way to me. I also noticed her faced etched with worry as she approached me.

"Have you recovered Hayeon-ssi?" she asked as her noticeably worried eyes scanned me. "I also heard that you have lost most of your memories." Pity and a bit of sadness evident in her eyes.

"Oh.. uh I think I'm doing well." I awkwardly chuckle. Considering the fact that I hit my head so hard on a rock, The pain doesn't really bother me as much as my confusion does.

"I do hope that what I heard about you losing your memories were just rumours .. so please excuse me, do you really not remember anything at all?" It was clear to anybody that she was still hoping for this Lady Seo to come back. I truly am feeling a little bit guilty for being in the body of the girl she cared so much for but I don't really think it was my fault. They must've shared a good relationship towards one another seeing how much she is worrying about Lady Seo.

"I'm sorry but-"

"No.. It's okay. I understand.." She let out a breathy laugh."It's because we were so close back then. We were each others confidant about almost every little thing and seeing you suffer like this makes me-" She then cleared . "I don't really get why I'm saying all of this really. It won't make your memories come back won't it?"

I coughed to break the awkward silence which was left hanging in the air. "Well, even though I have lost my memories, I would still like to try and be a friend with your highness. It must feel heartwarming to have a friend like that by the way you described it. So trying to recover it wouldn't be so bad. Right your highness?" I exclaimed with a tiny smile.

To have a friend so close to you and losing her almost immediately would've been real sad if it ever happened to me. And it wouldn't be so bad to have atleast a few friends in this world right?

"For starters, you can call me by my own name Hayeon-ah." She finally cracked a smile after hearing my words.

I turned my eyes at her awkwardly and she seems to get the point that I indeed do not know her Highness's name.

'Oh.. right. Hayeon-ssi don't forget my name again alright? You can call me Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter