• mister smiley ; 001 •

Bewildered Hearts ; ❣

Chapter one

 

 

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Yet, for students, it is difficult to do these things once the school year has started. One week away, the students of Andromeda University will face a new school year, a new hardships, a new moments, and a new lessons in life. Most are entirely spending their break; like hanging out with friends, going on a trip with their family and such. 

"Jungkook pass the ball to me!" 

"I won't let you score a point."

"Ah darn!" 

Under the direct sunlight and the heat, seven boys spending their time playing basketball are to be found. Running every corner, jumping wildly. Bodies with dripping sweats, panting breaths. Slowly faltering, but each of them doesn't want to admit defeat. Hence, this activity is fun yet exhausting. 

"Yoongi!" Jin shouted loudly as he passed the ball to Yoongi who's in form of aiming for a three point shot. He caught it and voila, points was added. The game is 28 is to 26. The higher points are made by team Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jin. And the lowest are team Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook. Team mature and team childish. The one left out is Namjoon since he doesn't play basketball so he's the scorer and the referee.

Who do you think will win? 

Slowly, they are getting more and more exhausted because they are moving from side to side. Jin placed both of his hands on top of his knees, showing a weary expression in front of Taehyung who holds the ball. "Ooh, Jin cannot steal anymore nor pass!" Taehyung teasingly said with a wide grin on his face. Jin was provoked by his tease so he gathered his remaining energy and tries to steal the ball, but failed because Taehyung passed through his side with his dribbling skill and hurriedly ran towards the ring. He was neither succesful to shoot nor pass since he was cornered by Hoseok and Yoongi. The ball was stolen from his hand.  

"The loser will treat us an ice cream." Yoongi quickly ran near the ring. Hoseok the one that stole the ball threw it from his far distance from Yoongi, but luckily Yoongi was able to catch it and did a lay up that ended their game with a two points.

On the open court, the winning team runs in circles and shouts victory whilst the losing team just stood there sighing and counting their moneys for ice cream.

"Guys! I will buy the ice cream. Wait for me here." Jimin suggested which everyone agreed to.

 

 

Jimin reached the convenient store and went to the ice cream section. He was about to open the glass lid when a soft hand landed on the back of his palm. He tried to take glances to whom hand it is. It's from a beautiful lady! To his surprise, he immediately took his hand back, moving a little bit distant from her. 

"Uhm, sorry." Jimin sheepishly smiled, bowing his head a little bit. Although the girl can't fully hear what he said since she have earphones on, she smiled as she understood what he meant. What a sweet smile, he thought.

Starstruck by her, Jimin didn't notice that the lid was open already until the girl tugged her earphones off and spoke. "I thought you'll buy an ice cream too? Are you perhaps dazed by my beauty?" She joked, making Jimin feel flustered. He switched his gaze from her moving to the ice cream and picked. The girl noticed he was flustered at what she said so she took back her words. "I am just joking. Sorry for that." Her soft chuckles sounded like a melody to his ears that made him unconciously beam. 

"You are smiling again." 

"Cute."

Jimin was lost at words by her compliments. But looking at her again, this time he took his courage to speak. 

"You think I am cute?" He blinked thrice. Oh stop it, you are cute okay? 

"When you smile, your eyes do the same thing that's why I think you are cute. I had never seen someone who smiles like that." Jimin can tell she was being genuine about it. He didn't know why, but all of a sudden he felt comfortable with her knowing he's really shy around girls.

"Thank you! I think you are cute too."

 The sudden comfortable expression surprised the girl but she didn't mind it. She feels the same around him.

"Why thank you, mister smiley. I should be going now. I hope we will meet again." 

Jimin nodded "We'll see about that!"  

They both chuckled and send goodbyes before he proceeds to cash out.

 

 

"Man we thought you are kidnapped!"

"What took you so long?!" 

"We are so hungry here!" 

"Are you lost?" 

Complaints here, complaints there. Jimin shrugged and went to them smiling. Their brows furrowed, staring at each other; confused. Then fixed their eyes with Jimin who is busy getting each ice cream out of the plastic bag. 

Blink. Blink. Blink.

Silence filled the area.

His smile isn't fading. 

"Park Jimin!" Namjoon breaks it. The smiling kid looked at him, waiting for what he will say. 

"Are you taking drugs?" A ing out of this world question. "What the hell- I am not taking drugs! What kind of question is that?" This is ridiculous. Where on earth did it came from that he is taking drugs? Jimin glanced at every member whom he lately realized that he is being stared at, this whole silent time. "Stop looking at me. I bought you guys ice creams and you will say I'm taking drugs." He grumpily said. 

Yoongi wrapped his arm on Jimin's shoulder and explained. "It took you so long coming back here plus you are smiling like an idiot. You look really ugly. We thought it's the effect of drugs. If it is true, I would send you to rehab, really." Yoongi said which made them laugh. Jimin is in disbelief but joined the laughter afterwards. 

 

 

They ate the ice creams and talked about nonsense things about themselves. Jimin didn't say the reason why he is like that when he came back so his friends planned to play a truth or dare game by the bottle spin. It was really an embarrassing game. Whenever someone will say dare, the dares are literally hard to do or it is a shame for them. Finally the bottle points out at Jimin. All of them grinned except for him.

"Truth or Dare?" Jungkook asked. 

Their eyes are telling Jimin that he should say the truth. 

"Truth." And he said it. 

Hoseok stood up and threw the question. "What happened a while ago that made you smile so ugly?" Jimin was taken aback whilst Hoseok dance like he won a grand prize and cannot control his adrenaline rush. I can't really hide something from them. He is like an open book for them. They all know if something fishy happened to him. Will he just invent a reason? Jimin isn't sure if his friends would buy his lie. 

Jimin sighed, confessing what happened earlier. In the end, he gave up hiding it. 

"Ooooh! Our Jiminnie is growing up, liking someone but what happened to your height it stopped growing!" Yoongi started the tease. Of course, all of them will follow. 

"Love at first sight!" Taehyung added.

Jimin shook his head. It's not love. He is just attracted to her kindness and beauty. "No. I don't fall in love easily."

His friends booed him and disapprovingly countering his words just for fun but they do know he is saying the truth.

"You are being choosy?"

"Jimin, you got no jams!" 

"The girl would probably reject him." 

"Poor Jiminnie."

"Don't worry we are here for you."

"I will give you jams! Strawberry jams!"

 

 

Their hang out ended satisfactorily. This day is full of laughter for them but not for Jimin. He was being teased all the time. Poor Jimin. As time passes by, the night had fallen on the earth, making the sun leave. It is the time for them to go home. Walking their way, they are passing by the convenient store. Jimin paused for a while, remembering what happened a while ago.

"Mister Smiley, huh?"  

Jimin chuckled.

"Me too. I hope we will meet again."

Jin took a glance at his friend. He is happy that Jimin was able to talk to a girl. He will support him if ever his friend falls in love but on the other side, he is hoping it's not one sided love nor a heart break.

"Love is deceiving." Jin whispered to himself. 

 

 


 

Author's note:

Good evening everyone. Hooray, I finished chapter one. It took me a couple of hours deciding who and which. I hope you liked it. Any guess who Jimin met? She's kind and sweet. I wonder who it is, too. Haha! Comments and suggestion are appreciated. 

ps. I inserted Jimin's smile gif since I think it fits the scene. He is so cute there!