Unrevealed Feelings

What About Me?

Look! It wasn't a long wait this time because I actually have most chapters written down!! I promise this will be done within a year and not 3 years!

Enjoy!


 

 

Unrevealed Feelings

 

Taemin had hoped that he'll be able to finally have some proper rest after he got his answers from Jonghyun, but it seemed like it made him think a lot more.

 

Five years…? No… for more than five years, hyung has had feelings for me? And I… I being his best friend constantly tortured him when I talked about my dates and feelings for other people?

 

He groaned into the pillow he covered his face with. He wanted to beat himself up for it. He was the best friend... why didn't he see it or why didn’t he feel it? But most importantly why didn't Jinki tell him?

 

He got up from his bed and walked out the room, he wanted to shake things off.

 

If only it were that easy…

 

He sat all by himself in the kitchen and he was grateful that everyone seemed to be tired. He didn’t want them to ask him questions, even if it were questions that didn’t deal with the thoughts he had. He finished his glass of water and went back to his room. The fact that Jinki had feelings for him didn’t bother him at all, no, it was the fact that he didn’t see it in all these years. But now that Jonghyun told him about it, he can recall the times of when they did act like a couple. He covered both eyes with both hands and sighed.

 

I gave him false hopes... didn’t I?

 

These were the thoughts that made him feel like a jerk. He thought he’d be protecting Jinki of everything, but it seemed like he was the reason for why the leader was hurting.

 

It made him wonder though, why did Jinki hide it and why did he lie about feeling fine all those years, when it was now obvious he wasn’t?

 

***

 

The next morning, Jonghyun woke up before Taemin. He looked at the boy and from what he can see, the boy didn't get enough sleep. He didn't bother waking the dancer up, remembering that today was one for their rare weeks off from everything.

 

Jonghyun entered the kitchen and saw everyone else present and as soon as he sat down Jinki asked him where the dancer was.

 

“I'd let him sleep you guys… he was up watching that anime again.” Jonghyun rubbed his face and got up to make himself some tea. He knew he had to lie because he knew that Taemin didn't want anyone worrying about him. Most especially, he knew the dancer didn't want to ask their leader questions just yet.

 

“Are you going back to your house for the week hyung?” Minho asked Jonghyun. “I'll visit but I won't stay because we still have to get stuff ready.”

 

The day went on like normally and the dancer still hadn’t woken up. Two hours has passed from the time they were all eating breakfast and Key asked Jinki to wake Taemin up.

 

Jinki walked towards the younger’s room and knocked quietly. When he didn't receive an answer, he opened it and saw his friend hugging the blankets between his legs. It was a sight that made him smile right away because of the cuteness. He went to the side of the bed and gently shook the boy’s shoulder. “Minnie… it's time to wake up.” The first time, Taemin groaned which made the older chuckle. “Come on Tae… wake up.” The boy slowly opened his eyes and looked at Jinki.

 

Right when Taemin saw Jinki, thoughts from yesterday popped up. However that didn’t stop him from smiling at the older.

“Hyung?” He called as he rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tiredness. Jinki smiled even more as he rubbed the boy’s shoulder.

 

“Come on... get up.” Jinki said in a hushed voice. When the younger didn’t show any signs of getting up, Jinki thought of the only thing that would make the younger wake up. “I'll make you breakfast if you want?” Jinki wiggled his brows. Taemin smiled and giggled as he slapped the other on the shoulder.

“I'm not that young hyung.” Taemin chuckled back as he got rid of the blankets tangled to him. “Hey… but it worked didn't it?”

 

Taemin left the bed and looked back to see the older let out that smile of his. He was out in the hallway when he didn’t sense Jinki following behind him so he walked back and stopped at the door. The dancer grinned at the leader as he tapped his fingers on the door frame, “I thought you were going to make me breakfast?” He said teasingly. “Come on… I'm hungry,” and with that the dancer left laughing.

 

Jinki was left to only chuckle to himself as he hung his head low from the adorable sight he just saw.

 

***

 

True to his word, Jinki did make the boy breakfast and he ate along with him. Taemin talked as if he knew nothing. It made it easier that way. Now that Taemin was paying attention, his hyung did seem a lot more joyful. He'd make more jokes and although no one usually laughed, the others did.

 

They were all now sitting in the living room and doing their own thing. However, Taemin got bored easily and began observing Jinki from the corner of his eye.

 

***

 

Now that I know, I focused on hyung. I wanted what Jonghyun said to be false because I didn’t want Jinki to look at me as if I was someone who didn’t care. Plus the thought that Jinki was happier because he's moved on from me kind of hurt. If he was not-so-happy with having feelings for me, was I that bad? I honestly don’t care if Jinki liked the same gender, he was still my hyung and he’s still the same person.

 

Naeun texted me a while ago saying she couldn't see me today because of a schedule she had and I was perfectly fine with it because we're idols. We can't back out from a schedule for a date.

 

I wasn't doing anything and only went to settle my eyes on the TV for now because I didn’t want to seem obvious that I was looking at hyung. Now it got me thinking more. If what Jonghyun hyung said was right about Jinki hyung not being this happy before, was I really the reason for it? Sure, Jinki has been distant lately but I don't even know if I should listen to Jonghyun. What if he was pranking me and Jinki is still the same and I'm just over thinking that he changed?

 

To me, nothing seemed to be different this morning. Hyung woke me up like he usually did and even made me breakfast, but now that I think about it… this has been happening for years, and Jonghyun said Jinki has liked me for years. That would only mean hyung did the things he did because he had feelings for me and wanted me to read more into it.

 

Except I didn’t do that at all…

 

I shifted my gazed to Jinki and although it seemed like there was no difference at all, he did have a tiny smile on that I usually wouldn’t see. During times like this, hyung and I would be joking around but seeing how it is now, it didn't happen as often as it did before.

Instead, hyung talked to Key about something that happened the other day and it was surprising that Key wasn’t on his phone while it was happening.

 

I don't know what this feeling exactly is but I want it gone.

 

***

 

An hour later Minho is on his calendar to see if he hasn't missed a thing. “Yah, there's a party on Friday right?” he asked the others. “Is that this Friday? I thought it was next week?” Key answers. “Ani… it makes sense that it's this week since the company gave all of us a week off.” Jonghyun answers next as he doesn't lift his eyes from his phone.

“Is it a closed party?”

“Yeah… company said we need to let some steam off with having fun with other groups and we can't do that if cameras are constantly at us.”

 

***

 

Four days later, it was Friday. Everything is going well except that Taemin has been more distracted lately and Naeun was complaining about it. He asked s if he seemed fine and they all said that he was and said that Naeun was just not that familiar with him yet. He hadn't asked Jinki though.

 

Jinki on the other hand noticed that in the past four days, Taemin had stopped coming to him about his relationship problems. Usually the boy would talk about what type of text messages he should be sending or if what he was about to send was good. He didn't think much about it though, all he thought was maybe Taemin was getting the hang of dating. He doesn’t know why the boy goes to him about this though, the dancer knew that it was rare for Jinki to be dating. While you can count the amount of people Jinki has tried to date, you couldn’t count Taemin’s.

 

They were getting ready for the evening and this time no stylist was present, which meant they got to dress up like they did daily.

 

They entered the place and it looked like it could be a home. It had couches in one big room and a kitchen in another. They knew why the company got them this kind of place, it was because the company got tired of the idols complaining about cleaning their place after a party happened. Everyone went to mingle with the other groups. Minho dancing to girl groups with Girls Generation, Key dragging an EXO member to take pictures of him, Jonghyun jumping from group to group about deep s, and the two best friends sitting, watching everybody else.

 

It wasn't long until Jinki was dragged by others to play a game and Taemin to be dragged by Jongin to catch up on the weeks they missed.

 

“So how are you and Naeun?” Jongin asked. The younger didn't see why the two were dating. He knew of the boy's feelings for Naeun and at first he thought the feelings were real but as the relationship progressed he could see that Taemin was being bothered by something, so it made him think otherwise.

“We’re okay but we haven't talked in awhile because of schedules and all.” Taemin shrugged.

“You sure? You seem to be bothered by something.” the younger asked.

“It's nothing, it's just something Jonghyun told me.” Taemin shook his head as if wanting to say he didn’t want to talk about it, but Jongin could see that it was affecting him a lot.

 

The younger sighed, “that something must be big then. It's been weeks and you're still bothered by it.” Taemin leaned onto his knees. “I don't know… it's just… he said Jinki changed… in a good way don't get me wrong but why didn't I see it?”

“Maybe because you have a girlfriend you need to pay attention to?” Jongin said as if he didn’t know what he was talking about.

 

“Here's the thing with relationships, you need to know how to balance friendships and romantic relationships. You can't just focus on one when it's right there at the moment.” Jongin reminded.

“I know that… but I'm Jinki's best friend I should've seen him change.” Taemin slouched into the sofa as he mumbled his response.

“Okay… what is this change that Jonghyun hyung told you?”

“He said, Jinki was a lot happier.”

 

That made Jongin silent and confused. “Wait… shouldn't you be happy about that then? I don't see why this is bothering you.”

 

Taemin didn't know whether to tell the younger the things he knew because he didn't even know for sure. He knew that Jonghyun was someone who was very observant, but people are usually wrong with their assumptions, right?

 

“Yeah… hyung is always happy but for some reason he seemed to be not-so-happy before because of me.” Taemin closed his eyes, he didn't know how to tell the other without telling him that his leader may have feelings for him.

 

“Because of you? Man I don't get what you're saying.” Jongin tsk-ed.

 

Just as Taemin was going to answer, all of the singers were called to the center of the place in a huge circle. Although all the singer's were supposed to be present, some still had things to do so as the party progressed, less people were there.

 

No one paid any attention to the circle though, so little by little people were back to what they were doing before. Taemin and Jongin chose to leave the conversation for another time and decided to just sit down to watch their members make a fool of themselves.

 

Everyone was pretty drunk or tipsy save for the two on the couch although they did drink too.

 

“Hey, I need to use the washroom, be right back.” Taemin said as he got up. He was walking slowly, he was annoyed that the thoughts kept coming back to him and he didn't know why, he hadn't contacted Naeun too and didn't bother to check if the other did.

 

As he got close, he heard noises that he shouldn't be hearing. He took a peek into the corner that he was hearing it from. What he saw shocked him. He didn't know why he continued to look at what was happening, and most certainly he didn’t know why he stepped out and stood there so obviously.

 

***

 

I saw Jinki making out with someone against the wall. I couldn't figure out who it was and why the noise bothered me. A gasp came out of me.

 

I turned around and saw Jonghyun standing a few feet from me. He pointed to my face, gesturing that I should be wiping something off. I touched my face and felt that my cheeks were wet with tears. I didn’t even know I was crying until then. I immediately wiped them away and looked down, not wanting anyone else to see.

 

I walked fast from the corner and tried to look for my coat, Jonghyun followed me.

 

“Tell the others I left early.” I rushed out as I tried to cover my face with my hair.

“Taemin-ah, hold on.” He tried to stop me from leaving too fast.

 

I continued walking to the exit not minding him because I didn’t want to be around anyone at the moment. Before I walked through the door, I looked back at him and saw the look he gave me. He looked as if he pitied me.

 

***

 

As I was walking away from the building, one thought was now the only thing in my head.

 

I fell for him…

 

 

 


How'd you guys like it so far? I hoped you guys enjoyed!
‘Till next time… Bye!