Bottled Up Feelings

What About Me?

Woot this is going fast but at least some ontae love is being spread.
Enjoy!


 

 

Bottled up Feelings

 

Taemin walked home seeing how he couldn't bring the car with him knowing Jonghyun was fully sober and was probably going to use it to bring the rest home with him. He had wanted to go to the dorm and sleep right away to get rid of the thoughts, even if it was just for a bit. However, instead he took the long way back. He knew that if he continued to avoid thinking about the situation, it would constantly eat him until he wasn’t himself anymore.

 

There was no way in questioning that sudden thought he had when he left the building.

 

I fell for him… how?

 

He scolded himself for falling too easily with someone else when he was with Naeun. Oh, screw it… falling for the leader was quite easy for him now that he’s thought about it. Don’t get him wrong, he’s never felt this way for Jinki before. He just knew that he must’ve fallen in love with the other because he knew him well enough that he would be a great lover.

 

He didn't want to face Jinki or Jonghyun just yet. Now that he knew what he felt because surely this is what he felt for Naeun or so he thought he felt for the girl. He walked aimlessly and asked himself the same questions constantly and though he knew the answers now, he didn't want to admit to it.

 

Not yet, at least…

 

He stopped walking and looked up into the night sky. Why was this happening to him, and why was it happening now that Jinki had given up?

 

Taemin has no clue if he was acting rashly to everything now. He knew one thing for sure, he needed to break his relationship with Naeun. He didn’t want to continue hurting the ones he truly cared for.

 

He closed his eyes and let out a sigh.

 

“I have to accept it don't I?” He whispered into the air.

 

***

 

Two weeks has passed since the party. Taemin was grateful that Jonghyun hadn’t tried to bring up what happened the next day or even the days after that. However, he could feel that Jonghyun did feel bad. The dancer wouldn’t even blame the guy, he wasn’t the one to tell him to fall for their leader. No one did, it just happened. He wanted to talk to Jonghyun about it, because he didn’t want the other to beat himself up for it. He knew Jonghyun was quite the softy.

 

The dancer found out that Jinki was too drunk to even know what happened that night. He thanked the heavens for doing so because what if Jinki saw those tears he had? The dancer would’ve had some explaining to do when he didn’t even know for sure what was happening inside him.

 

When the two best friends hung out, the younger did his very best to seem like he hadn’t change because he knew for sure he did. And if Jinki caught on, then that might ruin whatever they had.

 

Now he knew why Jinki hadn’t told him if he did have feelings for him. It was to keep everything they had the same because he was scared to lose the younger, like he was scared to lose Jinki.

 

They had just gotten home from practice. Everyone except for Jinki and Taemin had gotten into their respective rooms. They were tired too, but they wanted to talk to each other more, so they decided to go to Jinki’s room to do that.

 

They were laying side by side on the leader’s bed and it was times like this that they wouldn't stop talking but now it was quiet. Taemin still stayed even if they weren’t saying anything because it was the kind of silence where it was comfortable to be with. It was comfortable to be with Jinki. They were alike because they liked it to be quiet but also wanted someone to be present at those moments.

 

“Hyung?” Taemin called as he opened his eyes from resting them.

“Hmm?”

“What's it like…” he paused, “kissing?”

Jinki hadn't expected that to come from Taemin surely because the boy had a girlfriend to know what's it's like.

“You and Naeun haven't kissed?”

“Ani… Just on the cheeks.” The boy answered.

 

Jinki thought about it. In his whole life he hasn't kissed anyone on the lips besides his cast member on a play he used to be on in his first years of being an idol.

 

“Yah, you brat… why are you asking me? You know I haven't kissed anyone yet.” Jinki chuckled.

 

Jinki expected the boy to laugh along with him because he thought it to be true, but when the younger looked at him weirdly he raised his brow.

 

The dancer composed his face and looked once more at Jinki.

“Really? But at the party… you seem pretty experienced…” He told him.

 

“Party?” Jinki sat up as he tilted his head to look at the younger. “You mean the last party we've been to? What do you mean?” Jinki was so confused. He's been wanting to know what happened because he literally couldn't remember anything. Taemin on the other hand thought about if he should continue and tell Jinki whatever he saw.

“I wanted to go to the washroom but then as I was walking… I saw you making out with someone. I don't know who though, if it makes you feel any better it was a girl.” Taemin smiled.

 

Good job Taemin. He won't suspect you of knowing anything besides that.

 

“A girl? Hmm… I wonder who it was though, anyways she probably doesn't remember too because if she did she'd be coming over and asking for me, right Minnie?” Jinki chuckled. “Haha… right.”

 

Jinki lied back down again, resting his head on folded arms. “Anyways, if I were you, I'd stop over thinking about it. You know… if you want the moment to have a romantic feel to it… you just gotta let it happen.” Jinki shrugged and looked at the dancer with his smile. Taemin took awhile to answer because that smile blinded him. He coughed, “you're right. I don't even know why I had to ask sorry.”

“It's alright, if you didn't ask me questions then what good am I to you?” Jinki joked.

“Yah… a best friend duh…” Taemin whined.

“I know Minnie, I'm just teasing you.”

 

Jinki had his eyes closed when he felt the boy moving to get off the bed. He opened his eyes and followed the boy with them.

“Where you going?” He asked.

“To bed silly…” Taemin chuckled as he threw a pillow at the leader.

“If you want, you can sleep here.” Jinki offered. “Ani…” the boy smiled, “I like my bed better than yours. Good night hyung.”

 

Taemin left the room with a smile on his face and when he finally noticed that he was blushing, he tried to shake it off before going to his room because he was afraid Jonghyun would see. He succeeded but before he entered his room he felt dejected because he couldn't show himself one hundred percent to Jinki anymore.

 

Jinki has moved on Taemin. Stop it.

 

He shook his head and let out a sigh before opening the door

 

***

 

Jonghyun knew it was another night of Taemin having sleep troubles. For the past hour, he’d hear the boy twist and turn in his bed. He doesn’t know how but he knew the boy was trying to keep the tears he had from falling. He knew Taemin was trying to hide whatever he was feeling inside from everybody else but he couldn’t fool him.

 

The singer sat up on his bed as he looked at the other across from him. “I'm sorry…” he started. It took a while for Taemin to answer because the boy didn't want his voice to sound as if his throat was tight.

 

Taemin stayed lying down, back facing the other. “For what?”

“For making you have all these feelings inside you when it's too late…” Jonghyun scooted closer to the edge of his bed still looking at the younger curled up to himself.

 

When Jonghyun thought that Taemin would avoid the conversation again by making himself sleep, the dancer sat up. Taemin held onto his blanket tightly.

“Oh shut up…” the boy chuckled wanting it to seem like he was perfectly fine. “Jinki hyung suffered because of me…” he sniffed. “Maybe it's my turn to suffer because of him?” Taemin tried to joke as he looked at the older with a smile.

 

With that smile Jonghyun saw new tears form and when he saw that the boy didn’t even try to stop them from falling, he knew Taemin had confirmed his feelings towards their leader.

 

Jonghyun was playing with his hands when he asked another question he knew the others haven’t asked yet, because the others didn’t know.

 

“What did Naeun say?” Jonghyun stood up and went to the boy’s bed to sit beside him.

“She was mad but she said she'd try to understand…” the boy mumbled then later chuckled to himself. “She also said she can't look me in the eyes anymore, that is until she has moved on.”

“Looks like she took it pretty well.” Jonghyun patted his shoulder. “She did. She said she kind of saw it coming because him and I were always together.”

 

Jonghyun let Taemin have his moment because he knew that was a lot to let out in such a short amount of time.

 

“Look… I really feel bad because of this. Let's eat out, my treat.” Jonghyun offered cheerfully. “Now? It's late…” Taemin gestured towards the window with his head.

“What? You don't want to?” Jonghyun sounded surprised. It was rare for Taemin to turn down free food.

“I want to…” Taemin chuckled.

“Then let's go!”

 

***

 

Jonghyun and Taemin didn’t stay out for too long considering it was really late. Jonghyun offered that they eat hot pot because he noticed that the boy was into it nowadays. It was nearing four in the morning when they got home and they decided that they sleep right away so that they won’t be as tired by the time they had to wake up.

 

“You’ll be able to sleep now?” The singer asked as he was adjusting himself onto his bed. “Yeah, you did make me eat all that so I'd have a food coma.” Taemin chuckled as he got himself settled to his bed as well. “Yah, don’t say it like that as if you didn’t want to, you brat.”

 

The two chuckled and fell asleep instantly.

 

***

 

While Jonghyun and Taemin were out, a certain leader was worried. He didn’t know where the two headed, especially at a time this late. He wouldn’t have worried if he were told like he usually was. Jinki only figured that the two left when he heard the front door close, he didn’t bother in calling either because he thought that the two might’ve wanted to bond alone.

 

Jinki had waited for the two and it has been two hours and it was nearing four in the morning. He hadn’t slept so when he heard whispers and giggling he had wanted to lecture the two, but when he heard the bedroom door close from the hallway he stopped his movements and walked back to his bed slowly.

 

He wondered though, this never happened before and if it did that meant a huge secret was being kept from the others.

 

He wondered what that secret could be though. It couldn’t be Taemin’s otherwise he would know, so it must be Jonghyun’s, right? But he knew he was wrong. He knew it had to deal with Taemin because he felt that something was bothering the younger. Maybe he just needed some rest… he wouldn’t be over thinking if he had some. Jinki didn’t want to assume anything, most especially when the younger already had a girlfriend.

 

He snuggled into his covers and hoped that sleep would erase his stupid thoughts. He was Taemin’s best friend so that would mean the younger would tell him everything. He shouldn't be worrying over something that didn’t happen.

 


 


So hoped you enjoyed that! I added so many things to it and I’m glad because it was quite short. Thank you to the ones who has commented and read! You guys are the greatest!
‘Till next time… Bye!