Shhh!

Talk To Me

 

"So, today starts operation... uuh... operation..."

"Operation shh!" Cherise sighed and chuckled a little. Their school was having a autumn break due to the fact that most of the teachers in school had fallen sick. Kwanghee and Cherise were walking around in Hongdae, enjoying the warm breeze. 

"Cherise-ah! Look at that puppy isn't it cute?!" Kwanghee spoke loudly and ran over to the window of a pet store.

Someone flicked Kwanghee on his forehead.

"Yah! Cherise, why did you do that?!"

"You were and are still yelling." she said smiling.

"Ah... Mianhae" 

"Well the puppy is cute... But I like cats more" she said while she looked at the little yorkie puppy. 

They both continued walking and they ate at a dukbokki stand.

"Say 'aah" Cherise said as she held up a pice of dukbokki.

"Aah" Kwanghee said and opened his mouth and ate the food she gave him.

"Mm... It tastes good!" he said and smiled, doing thumbs up to the ahjumma who was making the food.

They sat infront of the stand, talking with the ahjumma and laughing and just enjoying the day together.

It began to darken and Kwanghee and Cherise were walking by the Han river.

"So, it was pretty good today wasn't it?" Cherise said, looking at Kwanghee.

"Neh, and my throat doesn't feel sore" Kwanghee answered and laughed.

"What? You usually have a sore throat?" Cherise stopped and looked at Kwanghee with wide eyes.

"Well... Sometimes I do" 

Cherise sighed and shook her head.

"Come on, it's getting late and I have to be home in 30 minutes" Cherise said as she grabbed Kwanghee's arm and pulled him towards the bus stop.

~

Cherise and Kwanghee had continued with 'Operation Shh!' the whole week they had been off school and Kwanghee had gotten a lot more quieter. He didn't yell anymore and his throat wasn't sore and he actually had a different voice now.

"So Kwanghee, today you are going to continue 'Operation Shh!', but without me." Cherise said and and smiled at him.

"Okay, just... I just don't have to yell to get attention. Right?"

"Precisely" Cherise said as they walked towards school.

"Kwanghee!" someone yelled and they looked for the source of the voice.They saw Siwan waving at them. 

"I'll go now."

"Arasseo! Fighting" Cherise said as she pumped her fist in the air.

~

People were talking in the corridores about Kwanghee, how he had become quieter now and wasn't 'annoying' anymore. It was lunch and Cherise was sitting alone in the cafeteria eating. 

"How did you do it?" Siwan asked Cherise as he sat down across from her and she looked up at him while chewing her food.

"How did I do what?" she asked and swallowed the last bit of food in . She swallowed and looked curiously at Siwan.

"How did you do it? He isn't yelling anymore!" Siwan said.

"Ah... I just... I told him that... that it was- that he didn't need to be loud to be noticed and... yeah." Cherise said. Siwan smiled at her and all of a sudden he hugged her.

"Siwan Oppa... what-what are you doing?" she said as she was hugged by him.

"Thank you! He is such a different person now!"

"Ah... Deh" Cherise said and hugged Siwan back unsurely. 

~

Cherise was walking out of the schools main building. She looked around and saw, but mostly heard, Kwanghee's voice. She looked down to the football field and saw Kwanghee and Siwan yelling at each other for something. She walked over there and looked at them. Kwanghee seemed furious about something, and so did Siwan.

"It wasn't liked that!" Cherise could hear Siwan yell as she got closer to the two of them.

"Oh, really! Well it didn't seem like that!" Kwanghee yelled back as the two of them started yelling at each other, draining out each others voices. They were about to punch one another when Cherise interrupted them.

"Yah! What's going on here!" she yelled and looked at them both.

"This guy here, thinks I have a thing for... for the girl he likes." Siwan said and pointed at Kwanghee. Kwanghee on the other hand was boiling with range but was relieved that Siwan didn't say whom they were fighting about.

"Well, do you?" Cherise asked and looked at Siwan.

"No!"

"Well then-"

"But then why was he hugging her today!" Kwanghee yelled and glared at Siwan.

"I just wanted to thank her!"

"For what?!"

"For helping you!"

"Helping him with what?" Cherise asked. Both Kwanghee and Siwan tensed up. This would give away who this girl was.

"With... with... changing!"

"Changing?" Cherise asked, bevildered.

"Yeah..." Siwan said, looking over at Kwanghee who was looking at the ground.

And as if someone a lightbulb in Cherise's mind she relized who this girl was. Her eyes widened and she looked up at Siwan. 

'Me?!' she lip synched and pointed at herself and Siwan sighed before he nodded. Cherise stood there, trying to realize what just had happened. She looked over at Kwanghee who was staring at the ground, too embarressed to say anything. 

"Kwanghee..." she said as she came back to reality.

"You what... just... just forget it" he said as he started walking away. Cherise ran after him and skidded to a stop infront of him.

"Kwanghee... I-I didn't know" she said as they stood there infront of eachother. She looked at Kwanghee, he avoided her eyes by looking at the ground. She lifted her her hand and flicked his forehead.

"YAH! What did you do that for?!"

"For yelling! And for being an idiot" she said, a smile tugging at the corners of .

"When was I an idiot."

"Just a minute ago when you wouldn't talk to me about... this" she said.

"It's just... I just think that... you are one of the only persons who... who has endured so much time with me and... and you helped me change. And I think... I think I like you" Kwanghee confessed, again looking down at his feet. The confident Kwanghee we know had vanished. 

Cherise smiled and put her hands on Kwanghee's cheeks and pulled his face up to look him in the eyes. 

"That's good... because I-I like you too" she said as confidently as she could when he looked her in the eyes. 

Kwanghee's lips spread into a wide smile and he grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips. Cherise smiled into the kiss but they broke away after a short while. He hugged her around her waist and then leaned back to look at her while she rested her arms around his neck.

Kwanghee lifted his hand and flicked Cherise's forehead.

"YAH!"

"You yelled at me earlier" Kwanghee said and stuck his tounge out at her. Cherise smiled and hit his shoulder playfully. 

Then she leaned up once again and kissed him on the lips and after that kiss, the left the school grounds, holding hands.