Tell Me

Talk To Me

Cherise walked through the gates to her new school. Her lightbrown shoulderlengthed hair was put up in a cute ponytail and she was wearing the school uniform. She smiled as she walked towards the principals office and knocked on the door. 

"Come in" she heard a voice say as she then opened the door and walked in.

~

"Annyohaseyo~!" That all to familiar screeching voice echoed through the school. Now everybody knew they were coming, everybody but one innocent girl who was startled at the voice she just heard. 

She was the new student, Cherise. She had never been to this school before and was there for the first time. She saw a pretty boy going down the hallway with his friends who were looking quiet annoyed when he spoke with that loud voice of his. 

There was a pretty boy who caught her attention. he was smiling as he made his way down through the crowd. 

She looked at the boys, starstruck, as they walked past her.

~

Cherise walked into the classroom, not many students were there yet and the teacher looked up at Cherise as she walked inside.

"Hello there" the teacher said too her and smiled.

"Hello, I'm new here, my name is Cherise."  Cherise answered as she bowed to the teacher and gave her a note from the principal.

"Well, we are happy to have you here. I am teacher Lee. You can call me Mrs. Lee." Cherise nodded as she was assigned a seat next to a pretty girl with long black hair.

"Hi. I'm Minah" she said with a smile on her lips.

"Hi, I'm Cherise" 

The next second the door opened and 5 boys stepped in. It was the five that had been walking in the corridore earlier that morning. 

They sat down on the other side of the classroom and talked aloud. 

Cherise turned to Minah.

"Who are they?" she asked and Minah looked at the boys.

"Oh, they are the ZE:A boys. They aren't really that popular, but everybody knows who they are and when they are coming. Thanks to KwangHee."

"Who?"

"You see that boy wearing that beige knitted sweater." Minah said and cherise looked at the pretty boy who had caught her eye earlier that morning. 

"Yeah..."

"That's KwangHee, he's always so loud that you'll know when they are coming"

Cherise made an o with and nodded, she had noticed it that same morning.

~

It was lunch and Cherise was sitting with Minah and her friends. They were really nice towards her and she enjoyed her lunch.

After the lunchbreak it was time for history. 

"So these next 3 weeks you will be paired up in pairs and you will do a project about one historical person." The teacher announced. The students started to chat with each other about who they will work with but Mr. Cho interrupted.

"And I've already paired you up" the class groaned and some of them protested.

Mr. Cho turned around and put up a paper on the whiteboard behind himself and the students stood up.

Some girls started whining about how their partner won't do any work but Cherise remained at her seat.

"Who is Cherise?" a loud voice spoke and Cherise looked up at KwangHee who was scanning the room.

"That's me" she said as she raised her arm. Kwanghee looked at her and smiled.

"We are making a project about Martin Luther King." KwangHee said with a bright smile. Cherise only nodded.

"We should go to the library and find some information about him there. That would be the easiest way." Cherise said and stood up. She took her books and her bag and looked at KwangHee.

"Oh, you mean like now?" Kwanghee asked and looked at Cherise who only nodded before heading out the classroom with KwangHee running after her.

~

"So what are we searching for?" KwangHee asked Cherise with a loud voice.

"Shhh...! We're in a library, you have to be quiet her." she said and looked at the shelves.

"Oh... Sorry" he whispered.

"We are looking for any historical books we can find." she said, the books backside as she looked at the names.

She had been working about Martin Luther King before so she knew what books to look for and she soon found them.

~

Cherise and KwangHee's work about Martin Luther King went smoothly and they even finished an week earlier. But they still hung out after school. They had gotten closer during the project and today they were sitting in a café talking. 

Cherise was stirring her lemon tea and KwangHee was talking loudly, as always. 

"KwangHee" Cherise said, looking down in her tea, she was going to ask something she had been wondering for some time.

"Deh~" she winced a bit and then looked at him.

"Why are you always yelling when you talk?" she asked the simple question but KwangHee was still struck by the strange question, no one had ever asked him that before.

"Well..." KwangHee started, but he didn't know what to say. "I guess it's just because I want to get noticed" he said after a good long minute.

Cherise nodded and looked down in her tea again.

"You know, you don't have to be loud to get noticed." she said and smiled, looking up at him. He just looked back at her.

"With friends like mine, I have to. Heechul is a rapper, and I don't just mean a simple rapper, he is like, the best in this town. And then Siwan, he has a voice that get the girls to swoon. And MinWoo, he is a dancer, he is the only one who ever beat DaeJung, and I mean ever. And have you seen Dongjun? That boy can get any girl he wants and all the boys want to be friends with him. I'm the only one who doesn't have anything like that, I can't rap, I can't sing, I can't dance and I'm not as good looking as Dongjun." KwangHee told her and sighed slowly. Now he had been a lot more quieter than before. 

"I just want to get noticed, not just stand in their shadow." he said and looked down in his empty cup. 

Cherise sat there, in silence, she didn't know that KwangHee was holding these worries inside of him. He always seemed so happy.

She slowly took KwangHee's hand and held it in hers.

"Okay, you may not be a dancer, a singer or a rapper I don't know. But you are the nicest guy I've ever met. You can lit up one's day in an instant. You're always happy and always nice to everyone around you. I can assure you, if the any girl would take their time to get to know you, they would find an amazing guy. You don't have to be loud. I think, that if you just quiet down a little bit, I mean, you can still say hi to people in the corridores and smile how much you want, everyone will notice what a great guy you are."

She smiled at KwangHee, while still holding his hand. He looked up at her, and let a small smile spread to his lips.

"Okay, I'll give it a shot" he said and the two of them laughed a little.

_______

Tadaa.... I don't know how good this is but, yeah, I'll finish it of soon.