Chapter Two

The Beach Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We arrived at this beautiful lagoon. The colours were so vibrant and shiny, it made everything feel surreal. Like a paradise.

 

"Do you like it?", he asked, a hint of glistening in his eyes.

"No.", I breathed. "I love it. This is so beautiful, thank you so much for bringing me! I wouldn't have missed it."

"Well, let me introduce you to my friends!"

He yanked my arm kind of hard in the direction of some 10 guys at the white sand beach playing volleyball, or what should have been volleyball, in a circle. It hurt, but I guess he wasa little overexcited. It happens to the best, right? When we got near the circle where the ball was flying and hitting the ground equal amount of times, Yongguk called out to them. "Hey, got two more spots for some pros?"

"Well, if you think you can compete with us, sure. But don't run of crying when we beat your sweet .", a tall light haired boy said. Boy, because he looks like 16, 17 tops. How cheeky. Let's get it on!

Of course, with my background of trying almost every teamsport that involved a ball, I showed them how to do it. How to do anything, really. After being embarrassed in volleyball, by a girl no less, they thought, they could show me their manliness with a round of football. But no way, I felt like Messi, dribbling my way past every single opponent and scoring goal after goal, all by myself. Everyone was baffled by my talent, especially Yongguk. He probably thought, 'such a nice little girl, I should show her what I can do'. But no way. I can handle myself. And I think everyone noticed that.

But after a while, I could see the exhaustion forming in the guy's faces and I called the game. "Let's go down to the water and relax a bit. I'm getting kind of tired.", I said with all my acting efford I had. The guys didn't seem to notice my facade, their faced lit up and everyone agreed happily to notmove for a while. I sat down, digging my feet into the white soft sand when I felt the warm touch of skin on my arm. I looked up and saw this huge adorable gummy smile of Yongguk right next to me and I couldn't halp but smile back at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter