Chapter One

The Beach Party
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a party alright. Nothing special, just your regular old beach party. Drunken college kids everywhere, talking just a little too loud about the trivial things of life, singing just a little too high for their voice range to be acceptable. But I promised her to go. So here I was. All alone. In this mass of strangers. Where was she?

 

I wandered around for a bit, checked out the bar (ooh they had a bahama mama! always wanted to try that one), the second floor, which now was a makeshift dance floor; the third floor, which looked kind of like a VIP floor, but also, I was allowed up here, so who knew; there was absolutely noone I knew in this house. Mansion. Or just a big house, I don't know. My eyes kept sweeping the vast ocean of faces though,like I was looking for someone. Or something. I don't know. Thinking back to it, it felt super strange. Like I was meant to be here. To stay in this exact spot on this wide earth so that fate could lay her hands upon me to do her magic or something. Like I said, super strange.

Still looking around, I think she did it. Fate, I mean. She guided my eyes lightly to the right, across the dance floor I was observing, to a tall figure sticking out. Sticking out because he was not moving an inch, although he was standing right in the middle of the floor, inbetween dozens of bodies swirling around him. He didn't seem to care though. He was facing me. His eyes were fixated on me, drilling into my own. I felt this uncomfortable shiver running down my spine, wanting to shy away from the intese glare, but I couldn't. Why couldn't I?

He was wearing all black. Black tank top, black skinny jeans. He didn't need more. His eyes were all he needed to grab the attention of every single and not-so-single girl and even a few guys around. The question about whether theywanted to be with him or be him remained. His black eyes, dark, yet shining bright. And breathtaking. I rem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter