A day as a family

Living with 5 sisters

“It's your turn today right Unnie?”

“Yes. I still don't have any idea where to take him.”

Kyung-Ham woke up this morning and reflected on the 3 days he spent with his sisters. Joy taught him confidence. Seulgi showed him charisma. While Wendy taught him about kindness. 

As he sat on his bed he thought about what he would learn from Irene and Yeri. 

“Kyung-Ham ah. Breakfast is ready!”

“Yes Irene noona!”

When Kyung-Ham got down breakfast was a spread as usual, courtesy of Irene. For some reason Kyung-Ham did not think much of why the sister were preparing their own meals or the fact that there were no household staff in the mansion they were living in except the driver. It was only today the it hit him and he decided to ask.

“Noona, I have always wondered how come there no staff working in our home, well except our driver. Or the fact that we are always doing our own chores.“

“I thought it was a matter of time till you asked.” Irene looked up from her plate. 

“Daddy wants us to learn to be independant and to take care of ourselves.” Yeri answered.

“Yes. That’s right. We have our driver only because none of us have actually gone about taking our driver’s license yet so..”

“I see. It’s good to be able to take care of yourself.” Kyung-Ham nodded in agreement. “Irene Noona it’s your turn today right?”

“Yes. Well I was thinking of turning it into a family outing instead. We need groceries, so I thought since we all have offs today we can go together.”

They got their driver to start the car and soon they were off. They were on their first official family outing. It was not long until they arrived at the supermarket. 

“Alright, kids I have sent the list of things we need to the group chat. Now scatter!” in a flash the 4 younger girls disappeared into the supermarket. Kyung-Ham was left in awe of the situation. “This is how we usually do the grocery shopping. It makes things faster. You just follow me for now okay?” Kyung-Ham nodded and followed Irene who was pushing the shopping cart. 
“Ah! Stop pulling my hair!” a scream was heard

“Noona, that sounded like Yeri.” Kyung-Ham said as he pulled on Irene’s arm.

“Let’s go see where that came from.”

They arrived at the scene to see a tall girl, looking the same age as Yeri, yanking on her hair.

“Hahaha tiny little Yeri. Too small to defend herself. Hahaha.” the tall girl exclaimed.

“Ya! Let go of her!” Irene made her presence known. “Let go of her now!”

“And why should I listen to you? What are you going to do about it?”

“I am Yeri’s older sister. You better let go of her before I tell your parents.” 

The girl released her grip on Yeri and ran off. Irene and Kyung-Ham ran up to Yeri who was sobbing uncontrollably. “Unnie...”

“Shhh… It’s okay. She’s gone now.” Irene hugged the youngest tightly.

“Who was that Yeri? You seem to know each other.” Kyung-Ham asked.

“She’s” sob* “The bully” sob* “I was telling you all about” sob*

Kyung-Ham remembered how Yeri came home crying one day and said that she did not want to go to school anymore. She then explained about the bully and how she was bullied for being smaller than most of the girls in class and also for their parents not being around all the time.

‘I’m sorry Squirtle, I’m sorry I didn’t realise how bad it was for you in school.“ Irene apologised to Yeri who then kissed Irene on the cheek. “It’s not your fault unnie.”

Kyung-Ham can’t help but smile at how sweet the moment was between his eldest and youngest sister. “Come we are almost done with shopping. Let’s go get your other sisters.”

They were about to pay when they bully showed up again, this time pulling a lady by the hand. “That’s her, mom” She pointed at Irene, “She pushed me.”

“What? I never touched you, kid.” Irene rebutted

“I demand compensation for my kid” said the bully’s mother. “Look at the bruise on her arm.”

The siblings were shocked what mother wanted and the fact that there really was a bruise on her arm.

“If you don’t pay us compensation I will have to let the police handle this.” the mother looked smug and proud of what she said.

“Unnie didn’t push her, she must have gotten the bruise elsewhere.”

The bully continue insisting that she was pushed and her mother kept asking for compensation. Irene noticed that Kyung-Ham had disappeared. The scuffle caught the attention of the other shoppers. A small crowd had formed around them.

“See? This is what happened when you don’t have time to teach your children properly.” the mother announced proudly to the crowd.

Just then, Kyung-Ham showed up with the supermarket manager beside him. The manager was holding a tablet in his hand.

“Stop a moment.”

“Ah good the store manager is here. Now, I would like you to get these kids to...” the bully’s mother said as she moved to towards the manager.

“Let’s take a look at this video first shall we?” the manager stopped the mother before she could continue. 

In the video*
Yeri was trying to reach for a can at the top of a shelf when the bully snatched the can just as she was about to grab it.

“Hahaha little Yeri. Too small to even get the thing that she wants. Why don’t you ask your daddy and mommy to help you? Hahaha” The bully snicked.

She started yanking on Yeri’s hair. “Ah! Stop pulling my hair!”

This was when Irene and Kyung-Ham arrived to stop her. 

“I am Yeri’s older sister. You better let go of her before I tell your parents.”

Another video showed the bully running off to another aisle and then slipping and falling and hurting herself on the arm where her bruise was.

“This should explain the bruise.”

The Mother and Daughter’s faces both turn red with embarrassment. They quickly pushed through the crowd and left. The crowd soon dispersed and the manager turn to the siblings. 

“I'm sorry about that. They have been causing trouble here recently and I have been wanting to rid the place of them.”

“Thank you mr manager.” The Sisters chorused. 

“You should thank your Brother. He's the one that came looking for me to begin with.”

The girls smiled at Kyung-Ham. 

“Thank you oppa.” Yeri gave Kyung-Ham a hug. She planted a kiss on his cheek too, leading him to blush. 

“Being part of our family means getting kisses from our squirtle too.” Irene smiled at them. 

 “Let's go shall we?”

“Yes unnie/noona!” The younger siblings answered in unison. 

[Author’s note]
Hi. Next chapter up. Finally spending a day as a family. Little conflict here between yeri and a bully. Should I give the bully a proper identity if so who should it be? Leave feedback in the comments and subscribe for the latest chapters. =)