A day with Wendy

Living with 5 sisters

“How is he? Is he bonding well with you and your sisters?”

 

“He is, dad. He has spent a day with Seulgi and Joy each. He looks great in a denim jacket and he's a Dancer.”

 

“That's great! I was worried that he may not be used to living with you all. Anyway, who's next?”

 

“Wendy”

 

The morning after the BBQ and drinking session with Seulgi and her dance crew was met with a huge hangover and a major headache.

 

“Ugh maybe I shouldn't have drank so much.” Kyung-Ham grabbed his head. “Wonder if Seulgi is okay.”

 

Knock knock*

 

“Morning Kyung-Ham.” Wendy poked her head into his room.

 

“Morning Noona.” Kyung-Ham smiled. “Is it your turn today?”

 

“Wow one drinking session and you've gotten comfortable with calling me Noona huh?”

 

“Oh ermmm…”

 

“Hahaha don't worry Seulgi told me about it last night. You have no idea how happy she was.” Wendy said as she grabbed a seat next to Kyung-Ham’s bed. “Yes it is my turn today. And don't worry about your Bear Noona, she can hold her liquor well.”

 

“Bear Noona?” Kyung-Ham rubbed his eyes and yawned.

 

“It's her nickname. Go wash up and I'll tell you more about it.”

 

Kyung-Ham washed up and headed downstairs for breakfast. Only Wendy was at the table.

 

“Where are the others?”

 

“Oh, they all have their various schedules. So it's just us today.” Replied as she munched on toast while reading the newspaper. She then explained the nicknames they had for each other. Irene was cabbage, Seulgi was bear. For Wendy it's Olaf, Joy was Chick and Yeri was squirtle.

 

Wendy continued to explain that the nicknames were given to them by Yeri who was then given squirtle by the older girls.

 

“It’s only a matter of time before Yeri thinks of a nickname for you.”

 

“Right. Where are we going today?” Kyung-Ham asked as he spread some butter on toast. He was slowly becoming more comfortable with his siblings.

 

“Oh we’re staying at home. I have classes to teach.”

 

Wendy was the only Sister to properly pick up English and could speak it fluently due to the time she spent as an exchange student in Canada. She decided not to let her talent go to waste and started teaching English language classes. It was a form of practise to her as well.

 

“You can sit in like how you did for Seulgi’s dance class.”

 

“Alright, Olaf Noona.”

 

One by one Wendy’s students arrived at their house. After the 4th and last one reached Wendy took them to the study where the lesson was to be conducted.

 

Kyung-Ham noticed that the students were young kids and also their clothing were old and worn out looking.

 

“Noona, how much do you charge them?” Kyung-Ham pulled his Sister aside and asked.

 

“Oh, I do it for free.” Wendy answered as she walked into the room.

 

Kyung-Ham sat at the back of the study listening to the lesson and thinking about what Wendy said. It dawned on him that she was helping the needy who could not afford the help they needed in English.

 

Wendy despite not being the best at English took it upon herself to teach those who need it and not collecting money for it.

 

The lesson soon ended and the student said goodbye to Wendy.

 

“See you all next week, kids” Wendy turn to Kyung-Ham. “How bout a snack?”

 

“Sure. What shall we have?”

 

“Hmmm… how about some jajangmyeon? I'll order it in.”

 

They shared the meal together and Wendy talk about her time as an exchange student and how much she enjoyed it.

 

“Oh? I think someone is back. It my turn to prepare dinner today. Want to help me?”

 

“Sure noona.”

 

[Author’s note]

Hi. Next chapter up. A little more on Wendy today. Thanks for subscribing I really appreciate it. I welcome all feedback on how I can improve so keep the comments coming. Leave a comment and subscribe for the latest chapters.=)