Fairyboy

Punk And Pastel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Punk And Pastel

Chapter One: Fairyboy

 

fairy

/ˈfɛərɪ/

noun (pl) fairies

an imaginary supernatural being, usually represented in diminutive human form and characterized as clever, playful, and having magical powers

 

adjective

resembling a fairy or fairies, esp in being enchanted or delicate



 

Wonwoo couldn’t stop staring at the boy in the front of the class. The boy had his hair dyed pink with dashes of blue lowlights lining up and down on this head. His skin was a warm beige, almost tawny, and his elf-like ears were accompanied by matching silver earrings. Wonwoo is convinced that the latter is indeed a fairy, not a human. There is no way a human can look that cute.

 

He rereads the definition again. ‘Being enchanted or delicate.’ He’s not mistaken, that kid is definitely a fairy. His eyes trail down the back of the poor guy’s head again- but Mingyu catches him.

 

“Hey,” the tall boy whispers, “Whatcha starin’ at?”

 

Wonwoo doesn’t look at Mingyu. He continues to stare at the boy. “That boy- he’s not human, Mingyu. He’s totally a fairy.”

 

The tall boy snickers, “You’re so weird dude. You totally have a crush on him.”

 

Soonyoung, who was eavesdropping, clearly interested in the conversation, butted in. “Ooh, Wonwoo has a crush? Who? Who? Tell me!” he whined.

 

Wonwoo hisses at them, “No! I don’t- geez. I just think he looks cool.”

 

Mingyu scoffs in disbelief. He crosses his arms and sneers, “It’s so obvious. He has a crush on Seo Myun-”

 

“Class, you have work to do. Enough of the chitchat,” the teacher, Ms. Hickens, looks up from her desk. She clearly meant the boys in the back, aka, Mingyu, Soonyoung, and Wonwoo. His friends looked at each other and tried to hold back their laughter. Wonwoo lowers his head down, pretending to be working. He couldn’t, not with that distraction right in front of the classroom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter