Almost Over

Writing Space ; an open diary
Please log in to read the full chapter

Date posted : 23rd Nov 2017

Date written : 29th Spet 2017

Concept/inspirations : Aquilo's Almost Over (Not a poem but a random drabble because I was inspired lol)

 

" Even with my eyes closed, I could see the lights above were finally switched off and ironically, only then that I opened my eyes. The bed dipped and the sheets rustled. Our breaths were deep and stable but we both knew none of us was sleeping. The feeling of having both of our backs facing each other was all too familiar for this to be normal. This wasn't healthy, this relationship we were having. At least, not anymore. The silence was filled with unspoken thoughts. Sometimes the silence got so loud that one of us had to go out of the room to get a drink or so-called fresh air. Sometimes to get nothing at all, just to get out of the suffocation of our faded affections. Each night, the silence became louder and louder. Each night, it became clearer and clearer that the end is coming. That was not the worst thing about this whole thing at all, but it was the fact we were not dreading that ending. We knew it was coming and hold on to that fact, anticipating it. No one was stopping it, but no one was voicing it either. We both wanted it to end so why, I asked myself again when I heard him sigh before I felt him getting up from the bed, did we let the silence win again tonight?"

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter