End.

Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Please read the author's note at the end of this story. No seriously, do it. I'm begging you

 

 

“It’s okay. It may not seem like it right now, but you are going to be fine. I know it’s scary, but don’t be afraid. You are who you are, and you should love that person, and I don’t want anyone to have to go through 22 years of their life afraid to accept that.”

― Connor Franta

 

 

Out

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew that this day was coming since day one.

 

The day where they would confess to their fans and pretty much the public about their love. Their relationship. They knew that it wouldn't be such an easy feat but, in order to finally be free of being themselves everywhere, they had to do it. They've talked about it with their co-members who were pretty supportive of their decision and would be behind them no matter what. They've prepared themselves for weeks and today was the day. They chose to say it at their last concert. Why? Because, it would be the last time they would be with their fans, the last time they would be on stage performing together, the last time they would hear their stars singing with them, the last time they would be one.

 

Baekhyun was pretty scared when their goodbye concert was nearing the end. Obviously he had all the rights to be scared, he would declare his love for Chanyeol to the fans, his homouality to them. He knew that their country wasn't the nicest when it comes to gay people. He actually thought about backing out but Chanyeol kept reminding him that they can't keep it as a secret anymore. It was time to come out clean, even if it would mean the end of their social life, even if it would mean that their own stars, their fans completely turn their back on them. It was time to finally accept who they are and be free.  Yet, Baekhyun wasn't ready to handle the hate that could be thrown towards them. He was not ready to suffer because of who he loves. Yes, he wanted to be happy and free but at what cost? Was he really ready? He knew his family might disown him the moment they would hear about their youngest son being gay, was he really ready to let them go? To disappoint them? He didn't want his family to stop talking to him but he did not want to love in secrecy any longer too.

 

Baekhyun wasn't the only one who’s scared. Chanyeol also was. As they all stand in line in order to do their last ending speeches as a group, Chanyeol started to think. What if this is not the solution? Obviously, he knew that Baekhyun was probably rethinking about their choice right then and he can't be mad at him. He knew that Baekhyun doesn't want to disappoint anyone and the fact that they are probably about to drop the biggest news of the next three or four years is not really helping. He obviously knew that they would get hate on for their choice, he knew that someone would probably harass them for their choice but he could care less. As long as Baekhyun loves him and that the other members are beside him, he could go through anything. But then again, he's not invincible, he's like every other human of this world, he will suffer as much as Baekhyun even if he does not want to. If he could live in a country where being gay is okay and not treated as an illness, he would be the first to move. He was sick of hiding his love. But this is not a fairytale, there are obviously going to be non-accepting people in this world and they'll have to deal with them from now on. But he knew by doing so, he was also dragging Baekhyun to a never ending hell. Was it really worth the pain of a loved one?

 

''Ah... my dear aeris, thank you so much for sticking with us during all those years..'' Junmyeon stated, they knew it was only moments away until Chanyeol would start his ending ment and reveals the truth. Baekhyun tried to have a glimpse of his favorite elf to no avail. He was busy looking directly at their fans with a warm smile. He glanced at his shaky hands and prepared himself for whatever would hit them next.

 

''We will always be one, no matter what. So please, never forget about us because we will never forget about you, our stars, our daughters, our exo-ls...'' As Junmyeon continued on with his locution, Chanyeol went through everything again, he gazed to his side only to see Sehun and Kyungsoo looking at him mentally encouraging him. He thanked them with a warming smile and then saw Baekhyun peering over at him with a mix of fondness and stress, a mix of emotions that should not be on his magnificent face in Chanyeol's opinion.

 

''Thank you for letting me be the leader of this group, thank you for loving the person I am now...'' Junmyeon was nearing the end of his dialogue, Baekhyun hoped that his stress was not showing. He decided to try again. He needed strength, he needed to see him, his fire, the one who makes him have butterflies in his stomach, he needed to see Chanyeol’s face before announcing the news. He looked up, hoping that Chanyeol would be doing the same. So, when he saw Chanyeol's small gentle smile, somehow he felt like he was ready. He was ready to face adversity, to face everything coming at them becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter