Eyes.

Heart Of Gold (Sehun X OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The reality of last night slammed hard, like a slap to the cheek. Was my eyes deceiving me? It was so hard to determine because the following morning, Yixing's demeanor hadn't changed even a tad, and he was furthermore, wingless. I had no idea what was going on, and playing on with it as if I hadn't seen him with wings was beginning to be played out. I wanted to tell Yixing about Sehun and everything that happened, but I wondered if the trust between us would snap like a weak rubber-band.

Yixing had countlessly insisted that I stayed home with him today, which was out of the blue because neither of us never missed a day at work, especially knowing that we wanted to save up for an house. I told him no, the deadline for that assignment that I had was in only five hours and even if I did want to stay home with him, I couldn't.

The calls coming in the office had died down, which wascustomary for noon. Most of the employees would be taking their lunch by now, and as they flocked into the elevators, I remained in my cubicle because I absolutely had to do some research about the peculiar experience I'm having with the mystical breeds. It was driving me to insanity.

I clicked on the link to the first article I'd seen.

"Guardians.. a mystical creature from the early nineteen-hundreds. A typical mien for the habitat are angel-like wings, commonly gold at the tips. The creatures are often attracted to humans whom carry the hefty load of a broken heart or it's synonym, loneliness. It is a known fact, that their wings and eccentrically dyed eyes can only be viewed by their patients, while they appear like everyday people to onlookers. The creatures are reported to live far beyond the average human life-span and therefore have a plethora of years of experience in how human-kind works.

These mystical creatures could possibly have a corrupt breed of itself, however, founded in the early two-thousands. Some who have experienced them call them Antis, some call them Demons. These 'Anti' creatures deem themselves as 'Guardians', but rarely have any other intention than to feed off of the hearts of humans. Within the 'Anti' breeds, human hearts whom have fallen in love are far greater than ones who haven't.

The differentiation between Guardians and Anti's are very clear and it isn't hard to miss. While Guardians have a matching set of gold-dipped wings and golden eyes, Anti's tend to differ with black eyes and wings. Unfortunately, the amount of patients that know this is 1/10, and therefore this results in a disturbing number of unsolved deaths.

Research is still very much needed on the breeds, as it's only been recent that the creatures have been frequently visiting human-kind. The numbers of patients claiming that they have a guardian(s) is growing each day, and the idea that they all could be anti's is simply frightening. Stay tuned."

I left work without a second change of heart, and the thought of going back home with Yixing who was waiting for me, had my hands trembling with terror. The man I thought I knew and loved was someone completely different, like a wolf in sheep's clothing, he had played my love all along.

I wandered on the crowded streets of my hometown, feeling more confused than anything. The sky was sunburst-orange, and tired like I. Everything that I've ever known now piled up like trash painted gold at my feet. I couldn't help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter