Golden

Heart Of Gold (Sehun X OC)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was night-time when we had both come home from clothes shopping. We had both gathered two matching pairs of pajamas--white and blue plaid to compliment the weather. The sparkling champagne tasted divine, and the crystal glasses were glinting with the warm colours of the fireplace we sat in front of. We chatted about everything under the sun--his experiences of living as a near immortal being, and my life back home in China.

His company was sweet.. and comforting.. he was sort of like that cup of milky hot-chocolate sliding through my lips, constructing a path of warm through the freezing barren-blue of my inner-most.

My impression of him was someone authentic.. and a fey feather away from perfection. He had this snow-flake innocence about him, but every once and a while, I'd question that theory. He showed uninfluenced interest in me and my needs, and I didn't have that right now.

I really did begin to love him.. How could I not?

I'd have to have the devil living under my skin to not succumb to his blatant sweetness. He was not a source that I could resist loving. He was absolutely everything that a woman could want in their life, from neck up to chest down and even deeper than that, I couldn't spot a single flaw in his golden eyes, I couldn't spot a single flaw in him.

But there was still an issue.

I opened my laptop up. I hadn't had time to even touch the half-written emails still blared across my desktop. After being guided and held up by two large cups of coffee, the crash came like a blow to the face and left me with only a quarter finished of what I was supposed to do. I'd have to finish them later, I told myself, for the fifth time this weekend.

I had a call on an application, from my boyfriend that I reluctantly answered. Our relationship was strained, but we never said anything about it because we both wanted the best for each other. It was due to me being in Seoul while he stayed in China.

I missed him like none other, but clicking the green button, I felt like a guilty dog. I glanced behind me, Sehun was still asleep in the living room, he looked so serene in the daylight streaming across the couch. After staying with him for a month, now, I noticed that every so often, his wings would twitch in his sleep.

"Hey babe." I hadn't talked to him in weeks, I was just that busy, with Sehun and work. The sound of his voice made me shiver. "I'm missing you." I wish I could say the same without feeling like a cheater. Sehun and I hadn't had any serious physical intimacy.. he did kiss me on the cheek though. I offered Yixing a lop-sided smile and prayed he would stay clueless.

"I miss you too! What are you up to?" I laughed a little, hoping my spirits would rise from it's watery depths.

"Dying inside and burning everything I try to cook." He snorted, and that endearing little dimple in his cheek suddenly made a surprise visit and left as swift as it showed. "What's that? Behind you?"

I turned around so quick I could've gotten whip-lash. I had angled the laptop in the most careless way ever. From the webcam, Yixing could see the tip of Sehun's wing protruding from the top of the couch, white feathers blanketed in golden kisses from the sunrays.

I tried my hardest to pretend to be nonchalant about it. "Nothing? It's just a pillow." I smiled, but inside I was crumbling like an old, tired building finally ready to come crashing down to join the ashes underneath it. I didn't think I would be able to keep this pretense up for very much longer before I cracked into a spill of my sins that were currently held by a weak dam.

Yixing had always treated me like the number one woman in his life. I was attracted to his passion at work. It didn't matter if he was on desk-duty or behind the scenes, he never took his job for granted. I was going through a break-up with my ex-boyfriend then, and it just seemed like I would never heal. And that's when Yixing came into my life, like the sunshine amist a tornado.

That's before I quit my job and moved here so that we both could scrap up with enough money to buy a home back in China. It was one of the most hardest decisions that I could've made, it was such a big jump that I had to leap, and I've done that. We promised to never lie to eachother, we promised to love each other like nothing's changed. We promised.

I would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter