Final

Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final| My Words, Your Sentences

 

The first time I met you, I guess it was fate. You were the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen and in fact you glowed in front of me, as the sunshine reflected beautifully. Who would’ve thought I’ll meet the person totally opposite of me and be her best friend? Who would’ve thought that I’ll fall in love with her?

You weren't just a beautiful piece of masterpiece. You weren't like the flowers in a vast garden or the perfect sculpture that is great to look at. Because you weren't just a friend beside me, but you were someone within me, in my heart and in my soul…

Falling in love with your best friend is a great thing. You get to see her every day. You have the right to make her smile on a normal basis. You can wipe her tears and hug her tightly in her arms to carry half of the burden she’s carrying.

It was all the little things.

Like when you were next to me, smiling, or when you were looking cheekily at me as if you plan a whole new prank. Like when you laugh at my stupid jokes or when you call my name out of the blue because you like it. It was like when you were greeting me a good morning or wishing me a good night. And I think it was crazy how I was happy with that. The world was in chaos and you were the sole angel who decided to accept me although the chaos was ready to swallow you in and away from me.

You’re like my missing other half, the type who wouldn’t leave me no matter what. It was kinda crazy as I think of it. You’re like my comrade in battle and I know you will never walk out of those doors; she’s here to stay for good.

And maybe then I was too naïve.

I was just okay with it, being next to you, loving you. Believe me, I wanted to have you in a whole new level I know I shouldn’t. And so everything I came to stare at you and realize it, I would stop.

Because I know if I keep looking at you, I won’t be able to stop.

“What do you think of this world, Eunji unnie…?” You asked one afternoon.

“I think it’s just a huge box of compartments.” I remembered that answer.

“How come?”

“Because no matter how big it was, there are still a lot of things to see, to open up. Like a human’s heart, there are a lot of things lingering in the edges and in the corners…” I flashed you my signature grin. “It’s full of surprises… like a present.”

I remembered how you smiled at me, with your hand playing with mine as if that’s the most fun you’ve ever had.

“I think the world is beautiful…” You stated, your eyes smiling an invisible one right back at me.

“Why?”

“Because it is… The world is beautiful… Life is beautiful… love is beautiful….”

“Just that?”

“No… The world is beautiful… because even if it’s a wide stretched field of hopelessness and broken things, flowers still bloom in it.”

I know what you meant. The rain was pouring by the window then, and it couldn’t help but remind me of you. It was falling hard like I do.

I remembered how much I wanted to say it then. I love you. I really do. But my lips are tight shut and my mind was drowning with the alcohol of your memories in my car.

And then time passed and the thing I was dreading finally happened. I saw the magic on how you fell with someone else. I saw how you wished for him to love you back. And I was looking through you while you were busy looking through your phone, with messages keeping you close to his heart and keeping you far from mine. You were leaving with someone else, and I wasn’t ready for that.

At some point, I think I really lost it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter