Chapter 5

You're the only friend I need

Chanyeol is in a bad mood, constantly.

It starts after his father drags him to spend a weekend at his place three hours from home, without much explanation other than ‘bonding time’. When Chanyeol comes back he locks himself in his room and only comes out a few hours later to yell at Yoora for calling him and at his mom soon after because ‘he’s not hungry’.

Chanyeol is always a bit on the grumpy side when things don’t go as planned, but nothing that a good old ice cream and a couple of hours playing D&D couldn’t fix. Sometimes it’s Baekhyun calling Jongdae and Kyungsoo over, mostly to make Chanyeol’s mood improve. Sometimes it’s the other way around, when Baekhyun is grumpy and doesn’t want to talk to anyone.

This time, though, feels different because Chanyeol is not grumpy, he’s right out angry.
Baekhyun doesn’t try to talk to him at first, he stays in his hybrid form at the bottom at the stairs and tries to go up with him when Chanyeol rushes out of the kitchen, furious for no apparent reason.

He whines once, and almost winces when Chanyeol stops, and glares at him.

“Hyun just .. I want to be alone, ok?” He tries to soften his stance, his voice lowered a little. Baekhyun can see it in the way his shoulders slouch. He can’t do much, he just tilts his head, confused. He almost readies himself to shift so he can actually speak and maybe smack Chanyeol on the head, but the other doesn’t give him much time.

The door to his room closes with a bang, and Baekhyun is left behind it. He scratches at it a couple of times, then he gives up after Chanyeol’s muffled ‘Go away’ coming from inside.

 

“What’s up with him?” It’s the first thing that Baekhyun asks as he sits at the kitchen table with a borrowed pair of sweats and a plain t-shirt. He’s tried to deal with this feeling of uneasiness for the last couple of hours and resorted to a shower in the end, with very little results.

It’s evening and Chanyeol has -again- told everyone he’s not coming downstairs for dinner.
The kitchen is usually Chanyeol’s favorite place in the house, because of the food and the generally light atmosphere that he links to it. Today, though, Baekhyun can only notice how empty the house feels with Chanyeol playing the hermit locked up in his room.

“I have no idea. I called his father, he doesn’t know what to say either, just that Chanyeol was really quiet when he was there and he thought something happened with you.”

His mom says, and it sounds more like an inquiry as she’s looking at him from behind a pair of spectacles. She’s pretty. The spitting image of Yoora, and it’s obvious she’s had her son and daughter way too young for her own sake, considering the divorce and everything. She cooks well and she’s kind, though, so Baekhyun can’t really complain, nor does he understand where all of Chanyeol’s anger comes from.

“Me? No, not really. I thought he was pissed at his dad.” He says, and he is kind of upset because he could know what’s going on, if only Chanyeol would talk to him.

“Mom, he’s just going through the whole I’m a gloomy teenager phase, he’ll come around eventually.” Yoora butts in, lifting her nose from the school book she’s been carrying around the whole day. “I should be the one in a bad mood, he can take my tests if he wants.”

“But I don’t want him to be in a bad mood constantly..” Mrs Lee sighs, as she plays with the bottle of nailpolish she’s been painting her nails with, after doing the dishes. “He’s such a bright kid, I don’t want him to feel like that. He obviously doesn’t like it either.”

“We don’t even know what he’s angry about mom.”

“Should I try to talk to him? Or have Jongdae and Kyungsoo try?” Baekhyun asks, his head propped on his forearms folded on the table. “Unless they know what’s happening already.”

“Probably, but maybe we should leave it for a couple of days and see if he can solve it on his own. I don’t want him to think that we’re trying to control him.” Mrs Lee concludes, throwing a glance to the foyer, a glimpse of the stairs on the right.

“I bet dad has told him something awful as usual.” Yoora tries again, and Baekhyun knows she’s not her dad’s number 1 fan, but he didn’t expected her to take her brother’s side either. He stares at her for a moment, surprised, and she raises an eyebrow. “What? Dad’s always awful when it comes to you, no wonder Yeol gets angry.”

“He’s never been this angry though..” Baekhyun retorts, and he didn’t expect his tone to sound this down, but doesn’t care.

 

Baekhyun calls Jongdae and Kyungsoo three days after Chanyeol has been ignoring everyone. Apparently, he’s been avoiding them as well, hanging out with Jaehwan and Hongbin mostly -which doesn’t make any sense, considering how much Baekhyun has ranted about their hybrids and how much Chanyeol dislikes them.

They meet in the park not too far from their houses, Chanyeol doesn’t ask where Baekhyun is going nor he tries to follow him. The playground is not that crowded when they get there, just a couple of younger kids with their hybrid puppies and a few older men smoking.

“What has his dad done this time?” Kyungsoo starts, looking as serious as ever. For once he’s not texting while talking to them, and that’s a sign that he’s as concerned as Baekhyun is.

“Oh, so you also think it was his dad’s fault..” Baekhyun starts, leaning against the backrest of the bench. “That’s what Yoora and I have been saying, but he’s not talking to us as well, and that’s weird, isn’t it?”

He waits, and Kyungsoo starts nodding first, followed by Jongdae. “He usually complains about how much of a jerk his dad is and he’s fine soon after.”

“I don’t know, this time he really didn’t want to go apparently.”

Kyungsoo shrugs, and Baekhyun nods first, then shakes his head. “But there must be something wrong, he didn’t even fight with his mom before all of this.”

“Have you tried talking to him at least?”

“You think I haven’t, ‘Dae? I’ve been trying to catch him in the most unlikely of places.” Baekhyun puffs out a frustrated breath. “It’s annoying. He shoved me out of his room. I even whined a lot. I never whine, he knows I’m seriously depressed when I do that but he ignored me.”

Baekhyun is almost sure he should thank his hybrid part for making him feel all of this drama, but then Kyungsoo talks again and Jongdae curls his lips in a brooding pout.

“Well he’s been ignoring me when I try to talk to him as well, ‘Dae. And Sehun says he’s not replying to his messages. Sehun was pretty angry about that, I tell you.”

“I don’t know, it just seems so not Chanyeol to be really angry.” Jongdae says, with a shrug. “It’ll probably be fine in a couple of days, but..”

“That’s what I’m trying to say here. He’s often quite grumpy, but never this angry, to the point where he’s ignoring us.”

“Are you sure you’ve not said anything wrong..? It’s..weird..” Kyungsoo stands up, he stretches his limbs and protects Jongdae and Baekhyun from the blinding setting sun behind him.

“I haven’t.” Baekhyun shoots back. “Have you?”

“Nope.” Jongdae replies on Kyungsoo’s behalf. “We were perfectly fine before he left. Then he came back and wouldn’t talk to us. We’re just as confused as you are.”

“We should try and talk to him, like, together or something.” Kyungsoo proposes, and it sounds like a good idea, except for the fact that Baekhyun is not that sure it is, considering Chanyeol’s reaction to his own attempts of talking aka shoving him out of the room or telling him to go to hell.

“If we manage to, he’s .. just weird. I think it will everything up and he’s going to really be angry at us at that point.”

“Worth trying though, isn’t it? I’ll bring Sehun along, he has a soft spot for him.”

It still doesn’t sound like the best idea ever, but Baekhyun is tired of being the only one trying, so at least he won’t be shoved out of the room alone this time.

They wait until D&D night for the final confrontation with Chanyeol, using role playing as the best way to distract him. They wait until they’re done with the usual 4 hours long session to talk to him, which means that by the time Kyungsoo is putting their dices and character sheets away, everyone has started staring at Chanyeol first, then Baekhyun, as if expecting him to do something.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, has almost forgotten about the talk. He’s been taking advantage of Chanyeol’s unexpected calm the whole morning, and no matter how many times Jongdae has nagged him to shift, he’s stayed a corgi throughout the game and he’s still there, even when Kyungsoo clears his throat, catching Chanyeol’s attention as well as everyone else’s.

Baekhyun almost barks in protest and Chanyeol looks down at him, his lips curl up in a smile. It’s a weak one, but it’s definitely a smile.

“Sorry, belly rubs for you.” He says, and that’s all Baekhyun needs to hear. His tail starts wiggling along with his , and Chanyeol chuckles, his palms groping it a couple of times, before playing with the poofy tail. “No belly rubs then?”

Baekhyun whines, low and in disapproval, sinking his teeth into Chanyeol’s fingers when he reaches to boop on his nose. Baekhyun doesn’t necessarily like it when he touches his too much, but Chanyeol has been in a bad mood for a few days already, and if this is all the attention Baekhyun is going to get, then he won’t complain.

In the end Chanyeol resorts to rubbing his fingers up and down Baekhyun’s tummy once again, the corgi still splayed out on his lap. His leg twitches a bit when Chanyeol pinches the jelly beans under his paws but Baekhyun is too far gone to care at this point.

“Yeol we were wondering..” Kyungsoo starts. It takes a few seconds for Baekhyun to process what’s going to happen, he freezes, going rigid.

“Yeah..?” Chanyeol looks up, meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes, his fingers still tracing and combing Baekhyun’s white fur -which would be relaxing, really, if it wasn’t for the words that Kyungsoo spits out after.

“Why are you mad at us? What’s going on?”

As promised Kyungsoo has brought Sehun along, and Baekhyun can only hear him purr somewhere close, probably bushing himself against Chanyeol’s ankle as usual.

“I’m..not mad at you?” Chanyeol’s tone is confused at first, then it turns into something akin to realization, as Kyungsoo opens his mouth but Jongdae butts in, his fingers closing around the plastic transparent container for his dices.

“Look, you’ve been avoiding us for a few days.” He says, and he pauses to check for Chanyeol’s reaction. Baekhyun is panicking already, he rolls on all four, his balance a bit wobbly on Chanyeol’s lap, as the human hands instinctively keep him in place. Jongdae goes on. “You haven’t talked to us at all before today, what do you call that?” He stops once again, Baekhyun can distinctly see Chanyeol’s shoulders go stiff. “I’m not sure what we’ve done to you, but it to see you like this.”

Chanyeol gently puts Baekhyun down, and he’s really conflicted whether to concentrate and turn back into a human, or to wait and see where this is going.

“You haven’t..where does this come from?” Chanyeol stands up, and Sehun moves a couple of steps back, until he’s next to Baekhyun, eyeing him with an interrogative expression. In the meanwhile, Chanyeol explodes, but his reactions seem to go up and down, from frustrated to angry.

“Has my mom put you up for this bull? I’m not mad at you guys, I wasn’t avoiding you. I’m just having a really ty moment and it would be nice if any of you could just see it, embrace it and move on.” He pauses, his eyes going from Jongdae to Kyungsoo, back to Jongdae and then to the ceiling, annoyed. “But no, you have to ask questions. You want happy Yeol all the time. Guess what? I’m not happy.”

It’s a real slap in the face. Baekhyun wasn’t expecting Chanyeol to be joyful and merry, especially not after three days of staring at a closed door, but knowing how he’s feeling makes it a lot more difficult to deal with. He whines, moving a couple of steps towards Chanyeol, then he scans the room, looking for some of his clothes scattered on the bed.

 

“Nobody’s asking you to pretend Chanyeol..” Jongdae pleads. He’s sitting at the table that they use for their Dungeons & Dragons session, fingers tapping on the surface.

“Yes you are. All of you.”
Chanyeol insists. It almost sounds childish, and Baekhyun doesn’t want to be angry at him, but he is a bit pissed at this point. The others seem to be getting to the same level of annoyed as he is.

“No, we’re worried.” Kyungsoo says, Chanyeol’s expression drops. “It’s different. Baekhyun is miserable because you’re not talking to him, your mom doesn’t know what to do. If this is some rebel phase you’re going through please enlighten us, because you’ve been acting really douchebaggy, just so you know.”

Baekhyun feels more than seeing Chanyeol’s eyes on him, and he meets them, as the other looks like he’s been betrayed.

“What the hell, you asked them to talk to me?” Baekhyun steps back, his tail is too short to reach between his legs, but it’s flat against his bum as his hybrid half forces his body to shake a bit, more because of the tone Chanyeol uses than the actual influence it has on Baekhyun.

In reality his human self is as much angry as Chanyeol is, right now.

“Baekhyun hasn’t asked..” Jongdae starts, as Sehun meows, his tail swishing in the air, restless. If Baekhyun’s instinct to shift is so strong, given the atmosphere, he can only imagine how strong it must be for Sehun right now.

Chanyeol completely ignores Jongdae, he closes the distance between him and the corgi, he doesn’t do anything, luckily. The hybrid keeps his stance, looking up, a low growl in his throat. He’s never seriously growled at Chanyeol, never, it’s a first. And he can see how much Chanyeol seems to be affected by it. His face gets red, from neck to ears.

“What the hell Baekhyun? God I just want to be left alone for a while is that too much to ask?” He’s pretty much yelling now, too loud for Baekhyun’s liking also. “You guys are being.. Is that why you’ve brought Sehun?” His eyes dart to Kyungsoo, and he’s taken aback for a second.

“You thought he would calm me down?” A light chuckle, but it’s a bitter one. “I’m sure Sehun works just fine with calming down anyone anyway.”

Baekhyun expects anything, probably Sehun shifting right there to tell Chanyeol off, or even staying in his hybrid form and hissing at him. He would do it himself, he would punch Chanyeol. If it wasn’t that Kyungsoo steps forward before Jongdae can even try to stop him, and Baekhyun can barely see the fist when Kyungsoo clenches it, and aims right at Chanyeol’s jaw.

Chanyeol is slightly taller than Kyungsoo and usually fast in his reactions, but the noise that comes from knuckles hitting the bone is unmistakable.

He doesn’t react, and stares at Kyungsoo with teary eyes from the pain, his hand reaching for his aching jaw.

“Get a grip Chanyeol. You’re being disgusting. And leave my hybrid out of this, you’ve got enough going on with your own.” Kyungsoo says, as he visibly ignores the panging pain in the back of his hands as he scoops Sehun from under the table and quickly glances to Jongdae.

“We’re going.” He says, and he marches out of the basement.

 

Jongdae throws Baekhyun an apologetic look before following Kyungsoo outside, both of them walking past Chanyeol as he stands there in a daze. Baekhyun whines, hoping to get Chanyeol’s attention, hopefully to recognize something different to anger in his eyes. Chanyeol never meets his eyes though. He closes his, with a sigh, because his mom is calling him and that would be the cherry on top.

Chanyeol walks upstairs without sparing Baekhyun a glance, his eyes cast down and knuckles white from how hard he's clenching his fists. It hurts.

He shifts as soon as Chanyeol reaches the first floor, and starts fumbling with clothes that suddenly are too difficult to find, to put on. He stumbles while hopping on one leg trying to make the other fit in the leg hole of some sweats, and when he finally storms upstairs Chanyeol has already started yelling to his mom.

Baekhyun stops right in front of the entrance, staring at the rigid back of an angry fourteen years old Chanyeol as he smacks his hands on the table. The hybrid flinches at the noise, Chanyeol’s mom looks more confused than shocked.

Nothing is wrong mom.” He says, putting emphasis on each word. Baekhyun doesn’t dare step into the kitchen, and it’s mainly Mrs Lee’s slight change in expression that stops him. There’s a hint of annoyance in her stance, before she starts speaking once again.

“Then, would you kindly explain why Kyungsoo and Jongdae didn’t have dinner here as usual? Did you guys fight?”

Chanyeol’s anger seems to falter for a moment. “I.. we didn’t fight..” He hesitates, and that’s when Baekhyun moves a tiny step inside. “Yeol..” He calls, and the other glances over his shoulder briefly. His mom sighs, shaking her head, Chanyeol’s attention goes back to her.

“Park Chanyeol, what’s going on?” Mrs Lee asks, her voice going up a bit, frustrated more than angry at this point. “I want to help, but I can’t if you keep everything for yourself, you know.” Baekhyun can see she’s trying to be understanding here, however there’s not much to do when Chanyeol seems to have turned into a ticking bomb, ready to explode.

“Why are you all so obsessed with helping?” He asks, but his voice stays low, posture still rigid. Baekhyun can’t see his face, but he’s pretty sure this is what real angry Chanyeol would sound like. “You did nothing. Dad came here, said I had to go with him, and you did nothing mom. You didn’t even ask if I actually wanted to go.”

Oh. So that’s what the issue was, and they’d been all right from the beginning, Chanyeol does have a reason to be angry. Mrs Lee’s face falls, but she says nothing, mostly because Chanyeol doesn’t give her any time to formulate an answer.

“And then I went to his house, and he’s suddenly saying I’m going to move there maybe, because you said it wasn’t a big deal. You mom, when did you ask me?”

“Chanyeol wait, I think you misunderstood..” She reaches out, tries to touch his shoulder and Chanyeol recoils from the touch, as if she just burned him.

“I’m not..” He raises his voice enough to cover his mom’s. “I’m not a ing parcel mom, I’m tired of being sent back and forth.” Baekhyun backs off a couple of steps, when Chanyeol does the same, putting some distance between him and Mrs Lee. “And you’re all so eager to help. I know how you can help, you can all leave me alone, that would be helpful.”

He doesn’t even listen to his mom’s reply, even if she calls him a couple of times before giving up only to sit, hiding her face in her hands. Chanyeol storms out the kitchen and Baekhyun doesn’t hesitate to follow, as he always does. Baekhyun has learned when leaving Chanyeol alone would help and when it wouldn’t and today, especially, he’s sure he can’t just leave him be.

He walks just a tad fast than the other until he’s essentially preventing him from going upstairs. Chanyeol doesn’t look at him, not yet, but he mumbles something along the lines of what do you want.

“I think you need to talk to me.” He tries, but is taken aback at the snort that he gets in response. Chanyeol does look up now, and meets his eyes with an almost scornful glare.
“Are you really telling me that now? After that stunt you guys just pulled?”

Baekhyun is ok with Chanyeol being angry. He’s ok with Chanyeol being sad, frustrated and whatever this rebel phase implies. However this is crossing the line.

“Why are you so angry at me! What have I done, huh?” He half hits Chanyeol on his shoulder with a punch, one that is not supposed to hurt that much, and he feels like immediately after, because Chanyeol just got punched by Kyungsoo, and it must hurt.
“I was just trying to help, I refuse to apologize for that.”

“That’s where the problem is, Hyun.” Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun and for a moment the hybrid is sure that he’s trying hard to look at him in the eyes properly, as if making a statement. “I don’t want your help and I don’t want to talk to you.”

It’s enough to make Baekhyun’s determination waver, but then what Chanyeol says soon after nails Baekhyun’s feet in place and forces him to stay still because his heart skips a bit, and not in a pleasant way.

“God, this is why I didn’t want a hybrid in the first place.”

“..what?” He says, his voice cracks and Chanyeol ignores him anyway, finally free to walk upstairs, his hand making a mess of his hair with a grimace on his face.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t sleep in Chanyeol’s room that night, nor the night after. And as much as he tries to convince himself that Chanyeol said that in the heat of the moment, he can’t shake off the impression that whatever they’d worked for in one year, Chanyeol destroyed in one sentence.

They click just because Chanyeol wants Baekhyun, because he’s glad he’s not only a hybrid he can play with, but he’s also a person he can trust, a friend that he can talk to. If that doesn’t matter anymore to him, then what’s Baekhyun doing here, exactly?

Baekhyun is also really good at pretending everything is fine, that’s he’s not hurt in the least. He avoids Chanyeol most of the time and spends most of it with Sehun, who is as bitter and as upset as he is, since Chanyeol managed to ruin two friendships in less than half an hour.

Kyungsoo is still outraged, and even if Chanyeol is not really looking for him and Jongdae at school nor outside, he’s refused to help him or pair up with him during gym class. Kyungsoo is usually not childish, but he’s giving his best to act like that, in order to spite Chanyeol, who seems not to be offended at all.

Baekhyun hears it from Hyuk and Wonsik, the same iguana and dobermann hybrid that had bullied and non stop the year before, that Chanyeol has gotten closer to their owners compared to how it was in the past -which apparently was Chanyeol waiting for them to notice him somehow, even if Baekhyun can’t be sure about the truth behind this statement. It doesn’t necessarily surprise him, but it still stings to be replaced so easily.

Yoora and Mrs Lee have purposely decided to stay out of it, Yoora especially. She keeps jumping from Baekhyun to her brother whenever she gets the chance, ignoring Chanyeol’s nagging that he’s an adult and he doesn’t want to be bothered now. She plays with Baekhyun often, especially when he’s in hybrid form and he wants a cuddle. It’s not the same, but it can’t be helped.

 

Then Chanyeol’s fever comes, and things change.

Baekhyun senses something’s wrong as soon as he gets a whiff of Chanyeol’s scent when he comes back from school. He’s experienced a few seasonal colds, one ear infection and that one time when Chanyeol had sprained his ankle and had been bedridden for a week. It’s more than enough to just guess when Chanyeol is sick, and his suspicion is confirmed when he walks up on him taking some cold medicine, his mom checking the expiration date on the back of the box.

If it wasn’t that they’re still in cold-war terms, he would’ve asked something, but Baekhyun is proud and a sore loser, which means that he completely ignores Chanyeol’s eyes on him as he takes some juice from the fridge.

He keeps ignoring Chanyeol when, while watching tv, he complains about his head hurting, and pretends he’s not in the room when he falls asleep on the couch.

What he can’t ignore, though, is opening the bathroom door at three am only to find a shaking Chanyeol hugging the toilet.

“Sorry, I think you’ll have to use the one downstairs..” He murmurs, as he rests his forehead on the toilet lid, letting out a breath.

“I heard some noise and I came to check.” Baekhyun crouches next to him and reaches for his neck, then his cheek. Chanyeol flinches with a shiver. “You’re running a fever.”

“Your hands are icicles Hyun..” Chanyeol forces a smile. “What the hell, take them off..” He curls on himself, hunching his shoulder until Baekhyun’s fingers are not in direct contact with his skin.

“Shut up. Are you done here?” Baekhyun glances at Chanyeol’s aliens -his dinner- inside the toilet, he grimaces. “Ehw.” But he opens one of the cabinets under the sink to pull out a big towel, unfold it, and spread it as a makeshift cloak until Chanyeol is all bundled up.

“For now..I guess?” He pauses, flushes, and Baekhyun catches him staring for a moment, when he tightens the towel around his shoulders. “Thanks.”

“Let’s get you to bed then. C’mon.” He tries to get Chanyeol’s arm to circle his neck, so that he can get a good grip of his waist, but the other squirms, shaking his head. Baekhyun sighs, his head tilted to the side, his ears following the movement.

“It’s ok, I can manage.” Chanyeol mumbles, and he use his arms as leverage to stand up, only to grip at the wall not to fall flat on the ground once again.

“Yeah, wow, so graceful. Yeol, just listen would you?” A vein of exasperation in his voice. “I know you can manage, which is why I’m helping. Because you’re an idiot and you think you can do things on your own, and then you get sick.” He sounds terribly grown up, and he would flinch at his own words, if it wasn’t that Chanyeol finally loops an arm around his shoulder and leans on him. That leaves him oddly satisfied, no matter how much of an Chanyeol has been to him, lately.

“C’mon.” He says, trying hard to keep the towel in place as they walk back to Chanyeol’s room. He flops on the bed, he’s still shaking under the blanket and his cheeks are on fire, it’s almost cute.

 

“Hyun, you’re all mad at me aren’t you?”

Baekhyun stops under the door frame to look at him, because of all the things he thought he would hear from Chanyeol, that was the most unexpected. He smiles, but he can’t help but fake it a little. Chanyeol’s words still echo in his head, it’ll take a while for him to forgive.

“You kinda called it on yourself, don’t you think?”

Chanyeol breathes in, deeply, then out. “I’m just..I don’t know why I’m just so angry, all the time.. I’m tired of being angry.” He sounds.. sad. And Baekhyun can handle angry Chanyeol just fine, but sad Chanyeol is a whole different thing. It tugs at his heartstrings, his tail reacts with a wiggle, and Baekhyun has to concentrate to make it stop.

“Just stop then. And apologize to Sehun, he’s really depressed about what you told him.” He says, as he picks up a bucket from inside the shower and a huge amount of toilet paper, just in case Chanyeol feels sick again.

“I’m sorry.” He hears him say, and Baekhyun sighs, and he half wishes the apology to be for him, even if it’s not.

“Not to me, to him.” He points out. Sehun’s way more depressed than he is anyway, and it would be easier to mend that friendship. “I’m going to shift, alright?” His problems with Chanyeol are much more complicated than that.

He takes off his t-shirt first, hand me down from Chanyeol as almost all of his clothes are.

“What if you catch a cold too?” Chanyeol pokes his hip timidly, as he slides under the covers.

“I’ll be fine.”

It doesn’t take a lot of effort to shift, but he ends up using it as an excuse. He doesn’t feel like talking to Chanyeol now, and he’s still resentful and upset. He doesn’t know how much it will take to be ok with Chanyeol still using that as a weapon. He doesn’t know if he can look past the fact that Chanyeol used not wanting him as a way to hurt him, he doesn’t even know if Chanyeol realized what he did.

Baekhyun’s most definitely not happy, as he stumbles out of his sweats on the floor. He’s, glad, though, when Chanyeol picks him up to hold him against his chest as he lies down. Chanyeol’s fingers draw long on his fur, he plays with his tail for a while.

He must be imagining it, as he gets more drowsy, but, at some point, he can almost feel Chanyeol’s lips somewhere on his head.

 


 

So here we come to the end of Pt.1 of this series. Thank you to all of the people who spared some time to read this and appreciated it. I know this fic is lacking in many aspects and I wasn't expecting much from it, but your response and your comments made me extremely happy.

As I said in the beginning, I'm going to post a pt.2 soon, which will talk about the boys' time in high school and what kind of issues they have to go through. Pt.1 didn't end exactly happily, I'm aware, and you're getting less corgi Baek and more human back as things develop. I'll try to balance that in the future, and hopefully I'll be able to write a small collection of drabbles about the adventures of puppy corgi Baek that are not linked to the plot.

Also, be ready for some hot developments at some point!