Chapter 3

You're the only friend I need

Sehun stays over for a few days and something is off.

Jongin is ill. Kyungsoo has taken him to the vet twice already and they still have no idea what’s making him sick. And since they still don’t know, Kyungsoo thought it would be a good idea if Sehun stayed over at Chanyeol’s to make sure the hybrid doesn’t catch whatever Jongin has.

Chanyeol adores Sehun, so he just says “Why not?” with a shrug, when Kyungsoo asks him over the phone.

Sehun arrives on Sunday and shifts the second he walks in, going from thin twelve years old kid to a russian blue kitten with greyish green eyes trying to free himself from the bundle of clothes on the floor. Kyungsoo hands Chanyeol the hybrid’s backpack before he hunkers down to pick up his clothes. “I’m taking Jongin to another vet tomorrow. I’ll keep you updated.” it’s all he says, and hurries back home. He’s the most worried Chanyeol has ever seen him, and he wonders if that’s the reason behind Sehun’s abrupt shift.

Sehun snuggles against his leg, he purrs.

“Jongin’s gonna be fine, Hun.” Chanyeol says softly, kneeling to Sehun’s back.
He’s soft, his fur is ruffled here and there compared to how sleek it would be if he was an adult cat. His tail is a bit crooked at the end, he was born that way, but Sehun likes to make people freak out thinking they broke his tail. He did it with Chanyeol. He cried.

Said tail swishes in the air, back and forth, and Sehun makes a long stretch before wandering off to the kitchen. Chanyeol stands up, stretches out his arms.

He’s grown a bit taller now that he’s almost fourteen, his first year of highschool is coming soon and he can’t be more excited to finally meet new people.

The D&D sessions have become a bit more sparse, replaced by longer game nights. Sometimes it’s just him and Baekhyun, some others the others join as well. Chanyeol thought Jongdae was the most challenging to play with, but the second they give Baekhyun the controller Chanyeol is forced to change his mind. Baekhyun is the best out of all of them.

The corgi hybrid is in the kitchen, hunched over some maths homework he’s been working on for the last couple of hours. Sehun has already claimed a spot on Chanyeol’s usual chair, he’s carefully staring at the Baekhyun, the point of his tail thumping on the fabric of the cushion every now and then.

“How’s homework going?”

Baekhyun glances up, meets Chanyeol’s eyes and goes back to scribbling numbers on a smaller piece of paper. “Fine I guess?”

His ears are both flopping down, he’s dyed his hair to a lighter reddish brown that matches with them. It’s soft, when Chanyeol reaches out to run his fingers through it. Baekhyun almost presses his head against the palm of Chanyeol’s hand. He’s still concentrated on his homework, his teeth digging into his lower lip. He never lets Chanyeol pet him as a human, so he must be really focusing on his work, if he’s allowing him to.

Sehun meows jumping off the chair with a single graceful jump. His sinuous walking is still on the cute side, since he’s so compact, but his breed gives him an elegance that Chanyeol can’t see in any other cat really. Or maybe he just likes Sehun.

Baekhyun jolts at the sound, his shoulders contracting for a second before he shimmies out of Chanyeol’s reach. Sehun pushes his head close to his ankle instead, his purring rattling against Chanyeol’s leg.

“Are we going to the hole, today?”

Baekhyun asks, with apparently no interest, still munching on his chapped bottom lip. The Hole, aka the street covered in graffiti in the back of the railway station. Chanyeol hums. They haven’t been going a lot recently, Baekhyun being busy with some afternoon classes and Chanyeol with an English exam. He hesitates to answer.

That’s when Sehun’s ears twitch, his purring intensifies for a second when Chanyeol reaches out to pick him up and balance him on his forearm, against his chest. “Well Sehun just got here, what about we pass for today? We can play something upstairs together.” He proposes with a smile, his fingers scratching Sehun’s favorite spot right under his left ear, closer to his neck.

The hybrid mewls and purrs some more, his claws digging for a second right into Chanyeol’s skin. Baekhyun turns to look at them. He flashes a look to the minor scratches on Chanyeol’s forearm, and if Chanyeol wasn’t a complete idiot, completely focused on Sehun’s purring, his tail swishing and his soft grey fur, he would probably notice some annoyance in Baekhyun’s expression.

“Oh, ok.” He says, his voice a bit closer to a murmur than usual.

 

Sehun shifts back to human for him and Chanyeol to watch One Piece on tv, so that they can discuss this episode’s issues. His ears and crooked tail stay the same throughout the shift, his hair is charcoal black, a bit longer than allowed in school, Chanyeol notices. He’s wearing a plain white t-shirt with a small hole on the shoulder that Chanyeol is quite sure has seen Jongin wear multiple times. He’s got the neckline hooked on his nose, his knees cocked up to his chest.

“I didn’t like princess Vivi’s character that much.” He starts, his voice muffled by the fabric. “The name is cute though.”

“Mh? Why? I liked the whole Alabasta adventures.” Chanyeol reaches out for his nutella bread while the Luffy’s crew shows says goodbye to princess Vivi showing the cross they all have on their forearms.

“I just prefer Nami. She’s way cooler.” Sehun shifts so that he’s lying on the couch his back against one of the armrests, his tail curls around Chanyeol’s wrist, before he picks it up and starts combing it through with his fingers.

Sehun’s ears twitch once, twice, then he squirms and slides lower on the couch. He giggles through a definitely involuntary purr, Chanyeol raises an eyebrow.

“Don’t do that, it’s ticklish.” He says, as he pulls his tails back to hold it between his fingers. He’s still smiling, though. Chanyeol thinks Sehun has cute lips even in human form. And he almost looks like a girl more than Seulgi does -he told Jongdae once, he almost got punched, by Seulgi of course.

“I thought you didn’t have that much control on your tail..”

“I don’t, but.. I don’t know, it’s ticklish. Kyungsoo avoids it usually.” He explains. “It moves on its own when I’m nervous..or angry.”

Chanyeol hums, and stretches his arm towards Sehun’s head. The other takes the hint, and he moves so that the human can pet him. He purrs, visibly enjoying the cuddle session, and ends up lying down again, his head on one of Chanyeol bony thighs.

Baekhyun takes a peep of the living room by the bottom of the stairs, he’s still holding his books. He’s wearing one of Chanyeol’s hoodies and some jeans that Yoora has bought him. One of his ears is folded down as usual. Chanyeol expects him to join them and just drop the books somewhere, but he doesn’t.

And that’s the first thing that is off. Because Baekhyun never walks away on him when there’s anime to watch together. Chanyeol is stupid, doesn’t understand, but he just lets it slide as one of those Baekhyun-is-in-a-bad mood moments.

Something is definitely off when Baekhyun heads out saying that he’ll eat with a friend from school, and doesn’t come upstairs to tell Chanyeol about it. Or ask for clothes or anything really. Chanyeol is a bit annoyed, Sehun distracts him again.

“Must be Yoo-Kwon.” He suggests, sitting on the floor of Chanyeol’s room. “He’s close with Baekhyun, I’ve seen them together at school.” And he pushes his ears into Chanyeol’s hand, as the other scratches them first, then massages a spot on Sehun’s shoulder. He melts, his tail stretched and upright.

 

Chanyeol pretends not to be nervous when it’s almost ten pm and Baekhyun is not back yet. Their curfew it’s usually around that time, but Baekhyun has never been this late when he was out with school friends.

He comes back at 10.02pm and Chanyeol’s heart almost jumps out of his chest when he hears the front door opening -and his mom yelling at Baekhyun just like she would if the hybrid was her real son.

Chanyeol snakes inside the bathroom when Baekhyun is washing his face, and closes the door before Sehun can get inside as well. He can hear him meow for a while -and he does feel kind of bad, but he needs to talk to Baekhyun, since he hasn’t for the whole day.

“Late night, huh?”

Baekhyun shrugs, rubbing his face with a towel. He has just showered, his hair is still dripping down his neck, the back of his t-shirt wet in splotches on his lower back.

“Why didn’t you call? Or answer your phone? Mom was worried.”

“I forgot.” He replies, awfully cold. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow and meets his eyes in the mirror. He sighs. It feels like being back to day one, when Baekhyun hated him. “I’m sorry” The hybrid adds, and steps back from the sink.

“I was worried, I thought you were dead or something.” There’s some mirth in Chanyeol’s tone, his lips curl up a bit awkwardly in a toothless grin.

Baekhyun just stares for a second, snorts, then walks past him without saying a thing.

“Hyun what the hell?”

Baekhyun never replies. He leaves the door open on purpose, letting a pretty annoyed Sehun inside while he runs down the stairs instead.

 

For the first time in one year since Chanyeol got him, Baekhyun sleeps on his bed in the basement. Sehun is curled up in a small pearlish grey ball of fur, half hiding his muzzle under Chanyeol’s hand, half snuggled against him when Chanyeol notices the door opening slightly so that Baekhyun can sneak in. He doesn’t get closer, though, and stands in the light coming from the corridor, one hand on the door frame.

He stares at both of them for a few seconds, his expression a mix between taken aback and irritated, then mutters a whispered “Goodnight.” before closing the door again. Chanyeol doesn’t even have the time to register what’s going on. Because it’s weird.

And he doesn’t like that he’s not sleeping with his hybrid, even if it’s just for a night. He’s gotten used to Baekhyun’s size next to him, even to the hybrid shifting in his sleep now and then and Chanyeol waking up with a strand of Baekhyun’s human hair in his mouth.
He tries to sit up, leave the bed and follow him, he really does, but then Sehun stirs, his ears twitch and his tail whips the air, one of his paws reaching for Chanyeol’s sleeve. He sighs, reaches for his phone.

The screen of his brand new Nokia phone -courtesy of his dad shamelessly trying to buy him- almost blinds him, as he types a few words and searches for Baekhyun’s contact.

Hyun come upstairs there’s space

He waits a few minutes for an answer he doesn’t get. Starts a call, lets it ring once and then he hangs up. They use that as a signal when they’re late in replying to each other from school. Baekhyun still doesn’t reply, and despite Chanyeol really liking Sehun -no kidding, he adores the cat- he can’t sleep the whole night.

 

“Where’s Baekhyun?”

His mom takes a scoop of rice from the rice cooker and shoves it into a bowl, only distractedly reading one of her harmony books. The weather is nice, Chanyeol can’t wait to get rid of his puffy jacket to finally wear something lighter. He sits at the end of the table, where most of the light from the window makes the chair toasty and warms his back.

“He left first.” She says, takes a bite from a toast. She never sits. She hands carton milk to Sehun, makes sure that stain on the left of Chanyeol nose is gone before he leaves for school, reads her book. “Said he had to help with a project or something.”

Suspicious.

Chanyeol doesn’t like this feeling. He steals a glance of Sehun, peacefully sitting next to him on the table, one leg craned up on the chair, the other dangling down. His tail is relatively still, swinging left to right just once in a while, lazily.

“Yeol does Baekhyun not like me?” Sehun looks up from his milk, and he looks dead serious in his school uniform, looking at Chanyeol.

How is he supposed to know, exactly? Baekhyun has never been an open book to anyone, especially to him. They’ve gotten close, a lot closer than they were before, but Baekhyun is still kind wary around Chanyeol, as if he’s trying hard not to get attached, and it makes Chanyeol confused.

“I think he’s just in a bad mood these days.” He tries to justify. “I’m sure he likes you.” Chanyeol is fairly sure that Baekhyun doesn’t have a problem with Sehun but rather with him and resolves to tackle him at night to finally talk it out.

Chanyeol shakes his head. He glances at his phone, lying on the desk, hoping to see a text or something, but there’s absolutely nothing.

 

The news at school today is that Jongdae has apparently given his first kiss, and he’s been boasting about that for the whole lunch break in the courtyard, and when Chanyeol learns that it’s Seulgi he’s kissed -with tongue and everything! Don’t forget the details!- he finds himself not being especially surprised by the fact that she’s Jongdae’s hybrid.

Kyungsoo just shrugs it off. “What’s so special about that?” He asks, but he doesn’t lift his eyes from his phone screen. He hasn’t left it for a second, sneaking peeks at it even during class to check on Jongin and Sehun, one at home alone, the other probably busy with the test he had today.

“What do you mean what’s so special? It’s a kiss. The real thing.” Jongdae insists, then he takes a sip from his orange juice. “Have you done something like that?”

“Yeah, so?” Kyungsoo types a few more words before looking up. Jongdae is speechless, Chanyeol’s jaw would probably drop to the ground as well if he hadn’t got his own problems to deal with.

“You? Kissed someone?” Jongdae asks, and looks at Kyungsoo like he’s seeing an alien for the first time. “And who? Your mom doesn’t count Do Kyungsoo.”

“None of your business.” Kyungsoo dismisses them him one more shrug. “Is Baekhyun ok?” He goes on, eyeing Chanyeol now.

“Mh?” He blinks, once, twice. Nods, then shakes his head. “Yes, no I mean..Has Sehun said something?”

“Yeah, sort of.” Kyungsoo replies, and Jongdae is already diving to steal his phone.

“What have you done to him this time?” Jongdae asks, and he’s glaring now. “If you keep mistreating him he’s coming to stay at my place. I like him more anyway.”

“I don’t…” Chanyeol punches him on the thigh, blandly. “I don’t mistreat Baekhyun and it’s not true, I like him a lot.”

“Sehun says he’s been acting weird.” Kyungsoo continues, tentatively, his voice is careful as always, and it’s started to change just recently, despite being still a bit high pitched.

“He’s just the usual, except that he’s been kind of avoiding Sehun. And me. Mostly me I think, Sehun is just always around.” He explains, as he leans against one of the pillars that run along the perimeter of the courtyard, in front of the school cafeteria.

“Have you been overly clingy with Sehun like you usually are?” It’s Jongdae speaking, as he plays with the carton of his orange juice, making i jump on his palm.

Kyungsoo doesn’t react, he tilts his head slightly, waiting for Chanyeol’s answer.

“Is that annoying him..?” He asks instead, his brow furrowed. Chanyeol is a plain idiot, and they all know. He’s good, but he’s not the smartest when it comes to this things. He’s either too young or to enthusiastic to notice things sometimes.

“Well..Could be? It’s your Hybrid, not mine.” Jongdae throws there.

Chanyeol doesn’t know what to say to that. He stays silent, staring at his phone until lunch break ends. In the meanwhile Jongdae seems adamant on his Kyungsoo’s first kiss mission, and can’t stop harassing him. Chanyeol does feel a bit sorry for him, so doesn’t rat out Kyungsoo when he sees him leave earlier than usual before last period.

It’s almost the end of class when his phone vibrates in his pencil case. It’s just a text and Chanyeol’s last period is Maths, so he wouldn’t get distracted that easily since he at Maths and he really wants to get a good grade this time. But Hyun flashes on the screen, and he knows that he needs to read it.

Can you come pick me up?

Chanyeol literally runs out of the class the second the bell rings, forgets to get his textbooks from under his desk and jumps on his bike with his uniform a mess and his jacket completely open.

There have been two cases in which Baekhyun has asked him to go pick him up. Once he wasn’t feeling that well, the other he just wanted Chanyeol to go back home with him because both Sehun and Jongin were on holiday with Kyungsoo. This time, though, the second he stops the bike in front of the gate, the hybrid is sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, one of his legs folded towards his chest and the other stretched in front.

Chanyeol can’t unsee the white bandage on his ankle. He’s wearing one of Chanyeol’s hoodies as he always does over his normal uniform -you could still see the shirt collar peeking from the neckline- hood hiding his ears and pink slippers. Baekhyun hates pink.

“What happened?” Chanyeol gets off the bike the fastest he’s ever done it. Who cares if Baekhyun is avoiding him, his ankle is twice the size it usually is.

Baekhyun opens his mouth to talk and Sehun snakes out from inside his hoodie.Only then Chanyeol notices the two backpacks on the floor, one, the white one, obviously Sehun’s.

“What happened then?” He reaches out to scratch Sehun’s head and with his other hand lifts Baekhyun’s leg enough to have a better look at his ankle. More like the small orange sized blob he has now.
“I fell. Nothing much. But I couldn’t walk and Sehun couldn’t have carried me with two backpacks, so.” More like he was too lazy to do it, Chanyeol thinks. He stands back, not before picking up Sehun. The kitten starts to climb on his uniform and jacket until he finds a comfortable position on his chest and Chanyeol makes sure he doesn’t fall.

The cat’s ears twitch as he sniffs the human’s jacket, his tail rests on his forearm.

Chanyeol does notice the way Baekhyun is staring, when he’s paying attention to the kitten hybrid. He can’t see his tail, which usually gives away Baekhyun’s emotions more than Baekhyun himself, but he can see the other’s expression and he suddenly feels like .

“Can you stand?” He asks, and offers his arm for the hybrid to take. Before he can actually grip at it, though, Chanyeol hooks it around Baekhyun’s back so that he can half limp, half jump, one arm across Chanyeol’s shoulders.

Baekhyun is usually in corgi form when they ride together, curled up inside the big pocket in the front of Chanyeol’s hoodie. Not today, though, and Chanyeol can’t help but feel a little guilty, as he closes his jacket to accommodate Sehun inside instead, although he’s not the one that can’t walk.

 

They don’t talk much on the ride back, not even when they finally get home and Baekhyun flops on the sofa, swollen ankle on the armchair. Chanyeol hurries up to get some ice and some ointment from the kitchen, while Sehun shifts in their bathroom and puts on some clothes.

“What happened?” He asks, as Sehun sits right next to Baekhyun, his tail resting on Baekhyun’s tummy. That’s the closest Chanyeol has seen the two in the past few days.

He hands Sehun the ice pack and it’s the cat hybrid the one who presses on Baekhyun’s ankle. The other hisses and the cat’s ears move imperceptibly as a reaction to the noise.

“So?” He’s sitting on the group, looking up at the two of them.

“Nothing happened Yeol, we were playing football and I tripped.” Baekhyun almost sounds annoyed, while Sehun seems like he’s holding back a smile. Chanyeol hates not to be part of the obvious something they’re hiding, but he’s not one that gives up that easily anyway.

He doesn’t ask anymore, he opts to wait until Baekhyun and him are alone. Because he’s most definitely not sleeping without his hybrid today. And for all he cares Sehun can join as well.

They watch Dragonball Z together and Baekhyun falls asleep right through it, one of his ears partially covers his fringe as he curls up in the corner of the sofa.

“What?” Sehun’s eyes glance towards Chanyeol every now and then, and he snickers when Chanyeol’s eyebrow arches up in confusion.

“Baekhyun wasn’t mad at me.” He says. Chanyeol is a bit taken aback, he tilts his head to the side and, involuntarily, shifts so that he’s a bit closer to the corgi. “Well..” He starts, then shrugs. “I told you he wasn’t.”

“No, I asked him.”

“What did he say then?” Chanyeol’s heart beat gets just a bit louder, but he’s young and the only crush he’s gotten in his entire life was on Avril Lavigne, so that didn’t really count. He blames it on the fact that he’s nervous, he’s scared that Baekhyun is mad at him.

“I think he’ll tell you himself.” Sehun says, and his lips stretch in a smile, his eyes crescents. He’s puffing up the point his tail with his fingers, and Chanyeol has the weird instinct to touch it himself -fluffy.

“You’re a jerk. You can’t tell me half of the story and then look at me with that stupid face and tell me he’ll eventually spill the beans.” Chanyeol’s voice goes a bit louder than usual, Baekhyun groans and stirs in his sleep, one hand reaching to scratch the only ear that’s still kind of perked up, catching noises.

“I’m a loyal friend.” He justifies himself and stretches his arms on the backrest. Sehun is growing taller, but his face still looks like that of a child.

“I’m pretty sure jerk is the right term.” And he puts emphasis on it, since he’s been exploring the whole bad words world since Baekhyun and him have discovered that graffiti place and the older guys that hang out there.

 

Yoora joins them soon after. She forces Sehun to shift, and he’s soon walking out of his uniform as a cat, after his face seems to melt into that of a feline and his limbs start to shrink. When he climbs on Yoora’s lap and shamelessly rubs his face on her hands, he’s the cute little kitten Chanyeol is so used to seeing.

“I kinda prefer you as a cat Hun. What about dropping Kyungsoo and living here?” Yoora says, as she plays with Sehun’s paws, touching the pink jellies with her fingers as he’s lying down on his back.

His tail moves in retaliation for her words, and he reaches to nibble at her hand, in protest. “Okay, okay, I get it, you won’t.”

Chanyeol chuckles, shaking his head while really looking at Baekhyun, who is rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand now. The hybrid yawns.

“Sehun would go to anyone for cuddles.” Chanyeol says, almost affectionately.

Baekhyun stands up gingerly, trying not to put too much weight on his ankle and smiles at Yoora without saying anything when he notices how she’s still playing with Sehun. She’s now caught his tail between her fingers and is pulling at it slightly.

“He wouldn’t go to anyone.” He murmurs, and kind of limps towards the stairs. “I’m going to sleep, see you guys tomorrow.” He says, and ignores Chanyeol’s attempt of helping him walk, preferring to hold onto things and doors instead.

Chanyeol’s had enough of that already. Stupid proud Baekhyun.

“What’s with him?” It’s Yoora asking, as Sehun rolls in her lap and her hand, his tail straight up in the air. He’s purring loudly now, it’s kind of cute.

“I don’t know, Sehun won’t tell me.”

“And why does Sehun know and you don’t?” She shoots back.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, shifts his weight on his legs. “You just sounded like mom.”

“Move your already? Come on?”

Chanyeol really doesn’t like bossy Yoora.

 

And he absolutely hates Baekhyun when he does this thing where he doesn’t want to talk or is in a bad mood and doesn’t let him in. It’s annoying, because Chanyeol loves helping people feel better, he likes people smiling. He much prefers a smiling Baekhyun, although the smiles he gets are mostly shy.

The basement is still mostly used as the D&D sacred place, Baekhyun never sleeps on his bed anyway, he just changes in his room, keeps some of his comics and stuff, but spends most of his time in Chanyeol’s room.

Chanyeol finds him lying down with a Spider Man comic book open on his face, his ears -both ears- splayed on the pillow and one of his legs dangling down the side of the bed.

“Oi, you asleep?” He moves his leg slightly, just with the point of his foot. Baekhyun stirs, then lets the comic book slide off his nose.

“Mh?”

“Move, c’mon..” He starts pushing the hybrid close to the wall while he moves on his knees, until he’s got enough space to expand like a starfish, literally leaving Baekhyun in a corner. The hybrid has his knees close to his chest, arms hugging them. He’s still wearing Chanyeol’s hoodie.

“Where am I supposed to sleep now?” He asks, and he sounds mildly annoyed. Chanyeol just grins.

“Here.” he points at his chest. “Sehun said you have something to tell me.” he continues, staring at the corgi, his head to the side. Baekhyun plays with the bandage on his foot, he sneaks his finger under the edge of it, looks everywhere but Chanyeol. He waits a long time before finally giving him an answer.

“I..don’t want to interrupt when you’re with Sehun.” He starts, hesitant. “But I kinda feel lonely when he’s here, and I know it’s the dog-me and not real-me, but I don’t know, i can’t help it.” He blurts out the rest.

“So you were jealous.” He says. Baekhyun shakes his head frantically, his ears following as well.

“Anyway I’m not gonna sleep without my hybrid one more night. I sleep here today.”

And he doesn’t shift, until Baekhyun has given up, and he’s lying on his side, not too far from Chanyeol. He smells nice, and when Chanyeol’s hand reaches for his ears he imperceptibly pushes into the touch like he did in the kitchen yesterday.

“I didn’t fall. Someone was saying about Sehun. I was trying to defend him and they pushed me.” He murmurs, his back to Chanyeol’s side.

“Are you ok aside from your ankle?” Chanyeol asks, he stops his hand’s motion for a moment, and Baekhyun turns his head almost in disappointment. He stretches a bit, so that Chanyeol’s fingers end up carding his hair now. He slightly nods.

“Are you not going to scold me for that? Or tell your mom?”

“It’s the two of us. Why should I tell her. You’re my best friend, I don’t cause trouble to my best friend.” And he speaks with such resoluteness that Baekhyun chuckles.

“I guess..” he says.

“Can you shift?” Chanyeol asks, and Baekhyun does after a while. He’s much smaller in corgi form, but Chanyeol likes how he’s slowly growing, together with him, and he still fits perfectly on his chest.

His tail is wagging when Chanyeol starts giving him a full body cuddle, he almost shakes, and he squirms to at the human’s hand first, then his wrist. He yips when Chanyeol squeezes his tail, but ends up relaxing completely when the middle schooler starts his fur with both hands, and keeps doing that for a while.

Sehun joins them at some point, he hides in the crook between Chanyeol’s shoulder and his neck, and Chanyeol wakes up to Baekhyun still splayed lazily on his chest, and Sehun’s tail on his cheek.

Jongin and Kyungsoo show up after school on Thursday.

“Turns out it was some kind of stomach flu. He’s fine now.” Kyungsoo explains, and Chanyeol can see a smile cracking on his lips when he sees Sehun running down the stairs. It’s a miracle how he doesn’t trip and die, but he doesn’t even give Jongin the time to say hi.

He literally attacks him, his arms around his neck and his face hidden on his shoulder. Kyungsoo stares at them like he’s the most proud parent ever, even though he’s fourteen, and a bit too quiet sometimes.

Sehun doesn’t leave Jongin for a second, he’s still curled up around him when they end up playing Fifa, and when they leave he’s holding his hand.

“Sehun must like Jongin a lot.” Chanyeol says as Baekhyun and him are back from their evening walk and reading some comics in the yard. Baekhyun just hums.

“He does.” He says, and he looks a bit worried, Chanyeol notices. Their eyes meet, Baekhyun smiles first, he just follows.

“I’m glad you’re not avoiding me anymore.” He says, without looking at him.

“Whatever..” Baekhyun says, but he’s still hiding the hint of a smile behind his lips and the savage wagging of his tail.

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter! I know there's a bit less of corgi Baekhyun in this one, but I wanted you to see more of cat Sehun and explore the whole Baekhyun-is-a-bit-territorial issue, hope you didn't mind and enjoyed this chapter as well.

Have you heard Baekhyun's new single?ç_ç Am I the only one fangirling over the aesthetics here?

Can't wait to read your comments! :)