Chapter 1

You're My Dream

 

“You know ? I don’t know why but, everytime I talk to you, I feel like, I feel comfortable..”, said a spectacles boy to a girl who sat beside him in their school’s rooftop.

The girl beside him that only look down at first, slowly raise her head up and look mesmerized to the boy beside her.

“Eh ?”, Ji Eun replied, unconsciously.

The boy turned his head and looks deep to her, he smiled sweetly. Both of his eyes even turn into a smile looking at her.

He nodded, trying to convince her. The Seoul evening wind is so refreshing, making them stay longer and enjoying the scenery. Slowly, the sun set and bursting its orange color to the sky. The rooftop scenery from school that everyone, wouldn’t want to miss. Both of them enjoying the scenery in silence.

“So, do you want to be my bestfriend ? forever ?”, suddenly the boy, Dong Woo, asked a straight forward question.

Ji Eun turned her head again and directly looking deep into his eyes, looking for a sincere and truth in it.

Dong Woo looked back at her, “Ottae ? (So ?)”.

Ji Eun shocked at his sudden act, trying to avoid looking at him directly by looking down to her feet. Intense looking at Dong Woo would cause her a heart attack. But, she couldn’t help not to look at him. Ji Eun closed her eyes for awhile, she tried to make sure what her heart’s wanted.

She nodded slowly, as the answer of his question.

Dong Woo smiled happily, he drawed his pinky to Ji Eun.

“Bestfriend forever. Yakshuk ? (Promise ?)”, he asked.

Without a doubt, she drawed her pinky to Dong Woo’s, and locked it.

As a sign that they would be bestfriend. Forever.

***

 

Since that day, Lee Ji Eun and Shin Dong Woo becomes a twin that no one could separate them. Studying together, singing together, performing on school stages together. They both have a same dream, to be a singer. Then one day, they both decided to try audition for WM Entertainment. Sadly, Ji Eun didn’t accepted. It’s just like being smacked on the head for Dong Woo, when he found out that she couldn’t accompany him to be a trainee in WM Entertainment.

“I’’’ sign out from WM”, Dong Woo said when they meet in a coffee shop near WM. Dong Woo already doing a few times training in WM.

Ji Eun shook her head, her expression seems angry after heard what he said recently. 

Andwae! (Don’t !)”, she said, ”This is your dream, don’t back out just because of me. My dream now is that you can achieve what you dreamt of all this long, to be a singer”.

Dong Woo sips his coffee furiously. His eyes are looking straight to Ji Eun, letting her see his disappointment.

“Then how about you ?”, he asked with a small voice. His eyes try to catch Ji Eun’s expression. Ji Eun tried so hard to hold her tears, she disappointed with herself that couldn’t achieve what she dreamt of.

“Maybe, I cant be a singer. I’ll be focusing my self on study. I… I want to be a doctor”, she said as she force a smile on her face.

Dong Woo looked at her, he’s hurting inside. Ji Eun, his bestfriend, gave up her dream. Since then, Dong Woo promised to himself, that he MUST be a singer, not only for himself, but also for Ji Eun.

***

 

It’s been 3 years since that day. Still can remember clearly in Dong Woo’s memory when Ji Eun tried her best not to cry in front of him at the café. Dong Woo and Ji Eun are still bestfriend, but because of Dong Woo’s schedule for his debut and album promo with his group, B1A4, made him far from Ji Eun. Sometimes they meet when Dong Woo got a free time and Ji Eun always tries to watch live his performance when she had time. She’s also busy with her pre-med school, she promised to reach her dream this time.

Today, B1A4 has a comeback with their new single, Chu Chu Chu. Dong Woo sent a message to Ji Eun, asking her to come to watch his performance.

“You MUST come this time. This is you favorite song, right ?”, Dong Woo said in his message.

Ji Eun stares deeply to her mobile phone. Yeah, this time she will definitely come. This will be her last time watching Dong Woo’s live performance.

 

(to be continue...)