ILYSB Chapter I

ILYSB
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

J I Y E O N

"Mobi?" I whispered warily in our small apartment. I just got home from the hospital and I couldn't find my cat. I was really down and I wanted to see him. I tiptoed around while calling out his name. Whenever I came home the only name I could utter was Mobi's.

I felt tired. Where did that stupid cat go? I sat down and suddenly, I wanted to break down. My chest felt heavy, my nape was aching. I wanted to sleep it off so I laid down on the cold floor. My eyes watered with anguish when I let my emotions seeped in. It started out with muffled sobs until I howled in pain and eventually dropped off to sleep.

 

The next morning, Mobi's sharp cries woke me up. I sat up. "Where have you been? I missed you so much." I picked him up and placed him on my lap. "Don't disappear again, okay? I hate that." I carried Mobi into my arms and brought him to the kitchen. I left him there to munch my supposed dinner last night as his breakfast while I dressed up for school.

 

Mobi was a nice boy. I could leave him in our apartment without being destructive.

 

I took the bus and opened my chemistry book to distract myself. I didn't want to think about Mom's condition. It would make me cry. "Can I sit beside you?" I looked up and saw a guy. He was wearing our school's uniform.

"Sure," I moved to the side of the window. "Thank you." I didn't mind him and went back to my book.

"Didn't you hear me when I was calling your name in the street?" That made me looked at him.

"No. You know me?" I asked in a dry tone and he looked away. His laughter was stiff and his hand suddenly went on his nape.

"You don't know me, do you?" He asked nervously. This is funny because he looked so flush when he stared at me.

"No, I don't." I gave him a faint smile, ending the conversation.

His name is Myungsoo. We were in the same section so he knew that I'm not the chit-chat type. I was not in the mood so I acted like I didn't know him. I decided to put back my book in my bag and just listen to music. Earphones meant 'don't talk to me'. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter