Part 3

Let It Rain

Nichkhun woke up and found he was in the hospital. He found the 2PM members around him. "What happened?" His voice was hoarse.

 

"Hey man. Don't talk. Save some strength. We will tell you everything we know, but first we are going to get the doctor. Okay?" Taecyeon said. He nodded towards Wooyoung, who then went out of the room to find the doctor.

 

"You were in a car accident. You have a broke your arm, have a few scratches, and some bruises. Not to mention you had a concussion." Minjun explained.

 

The doctor then came in and checked Nichkhun. "Well you should be okay. You only had some minor injuries. Just make sure to get some rest."

 

"What about Eunmi? What happened? Where is she?" Nichkhun questioned.

 

"The girl that was with you?" The doctor asked. Nichkhun nodded his head yes in reply. The doctor took a breath and continued, "She is in a coma. From what I can tell though is that it isn't a serious coma where she will be out for months and years. I think she could wake up in a few days, but I need to watch her to be sure."

 

Tears ran down Nichkhun's cheek. This is all my fault. He thought. "Can I see her?"

 

"I am going to actually check on her first, then you can go see her." The doctor replied.

 

Nickhun waited.

 

When he saw her, he stayed. He never left the room. He couldn't. He talked to her. Telling her he was sorry. He knows she meant it when she said she was sorry. He told her he loved her. He wanted her to wake up, so he could make it up to her.

 

Days came and went.

 

Eunmi didn't wake up. Nichkhun stayed and watched her. He was trapped in his mind. He started to just look at memories. The memories of him and her. The way she was always there for him no matter what. She was there. The argument in the car was the first argument they ever had. The only time she let her insecurities out and questioned him.

 

"Come back to me Eunmi." He whispered. He then gave her a kiss on the cheek.

 

An idea came to him. I'll sing her a song. He thought. He brought out a cd that had a piano track on it and played it. He made sure the volume wasn't too loud, but loud enough to where she could hear it and hear him sing.

 
 

Close my eyes and let the world go by

 

I Feel the rain drops on my mind

 

When the time gets hard with no where left to hide

 

Just wanna drop down and cry

 
 
Then you came and changed my life
 
Being the bestest friend of mine
 
Oh I can’t ask for more
 
So let them bring it on’
 
 
Let it rain let it rain
 
Oh I ain’t scared no more
 
Let it rain let it rain
 
I know I got you by my side
 
 
Then you came and changed my life
 
Being the guardian angel of mine woo Baby
 
Wrap your wings to protect me
 
Without you I can’t make it through the rain
 
 
Let it rain let it rain
 
Oh I ain’t scared no more
 
Let it rain let it rain
 
I know I got you by my side
 
 
Like an angel like my mother
 
Like the bestest friend of mine
 
 
Like an angel like my mother
 
Like the bestest friend of mine
 
 
Like an angel like my mother
 
Like the bestest friend of mine
 
 
So I let it rain

 

 
Once he was done singing, he noticed a familiar pair of eyes on him."Eunmi." He whispered.
 
"Ni..." She tried to say, but he stopped her.
 
"Don't. Let me go get the doctor." He said and went quickly to retrieve the doctor.
 
After the doctor looked her over, he said. "We want to keep her here for a few more hours to observe her and make sure she is okay before sending her home. Maybe keep her here overnight."
 
Nichkhun nodded his head and the doctor left the room.
 
He sat down next to her with her hand in his.
 
"Khun."
 
He looked up and gazed into her eyes.
 
"I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to make you mad." Eunmi explained. Tears threated to leave her eyes again.
 
Nichkhun whipped away the tears that slipped out and told her. "No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said."
 
"But..."
 
"No buts. Lets just leave it as we are both sorry."
 
Eunmi nodded her head.
 
"I love you Nichkhun."
 
"I love you too Eunmi."