The First Day

The Royals

It had happened too fast and even though Yongguk -now thankfully clothed- was being dragged by Youngjae somewhere in the palace, it was still hard for him to comprehend that he was now, officially, the Prince's guard. 

The carriage took them outside the gates of the palace and into the city streets. It didn't take them long to reach the destination he was all too familiar with. His heartbeat started to increase as they went inside the clothing shop with the fancy suit on their display window, which he was looking at just before all this bizarre event took place. 

"Mister Ravi! Please come out! I got a new chap here!" Youngjae announced as he looked around the shop to find the said man.

"I'm here, sire!" A tall, charming man came out of a room in the corner of the shop, smiling brightly, his clothes speckless and neat. He looked at Youngjae and then they both looked at Yongguk who was immediately red in face. Why was he so flustered? 

 

"Hmm... He's skinny but he has a good proportioned body." Ravi said as he took Yongguk's measurings. 

"Yeah, yeah... We'll fill him up soon." Youngjae said as he winked at the still flustered male. The tailor laughed and patted Yongguk's shoulder, "you'll get used to him. Don't feel uncomfortable." 

Yongguk nodded, flinching internally of how he had thought of the rich people but how they really were. 

They were informed the clothes will be prepared tomorrow and Youngjae started leaving but saw Yongguk glancing at the suit on display. He smied.

"Hey! Ravi, how much for this suit?" Youngjae yelled at the tailor who then pointed up two fingers. The peasant turned red again and shook his head at Youngjae who just smiled wider.

"Two thousand? That's quite cheap. I'll be taking this!" 

"No, wait! It won't fit me, it's too big!" Yongguk protested but the tailor had already taken a new piece out for him, "No. They will fit you just fine. My suits and dresses are not the ones you'd find easily. The material isn't what you think it is, either." Ravi smirked as he handed the suit to the awe-struck peasant. 

"T-thank you..." Yongguk stammered as he carefully took the suit while bowing. However, when he turned to leave, Youngjae blocked his path, "Where are you going? You'll change here." 

"W-What!?" The peasant looked around, completely appalled. Was he going to loot his innocence even in front of a tailor!? Was he ging to rip his clothes off in the middle of a shop in pub-

"You can go to the changing room for that. There are a pair of shoes in there too that you can try. They may fit you." Ravi gently gestured with his head towards a small room behind his counter and Yongguk quickly rushed there, completely abashed. He really is NOT looking forward to working in the palace. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Youngjae and Ravi were talking about the issues surrounding the palace, mainly about the Prince's security. 

"Are you sure he's fit to protect the prince? From what I've seen uptil now, he seems faint-hearted."

"He doesn't look like it but, even I thought that when I saw his weakened body before the grand table. I really thought 'this guy must be joking. He probably came to fill his stomach' but then..."

"But then?"

"When it was announced to eat... He didn't sit. He didn't even get close to the table."

Ravi gasped, "What!? A poor man denying palace buffet? Just who does he think he is!?"

"Shhh" Youngjae shushed Ravi, as he pointed at the door that wasn't far away where Yongguk was changing. 

"But, seriously?"

"Yes! And guess what, when I approached him and he turned to me... His eyes scared the daylights out of me! I tried my best to keep my composure and asked him why hadn't he joined the buffet... And then... He just.. Fulminated."

Ravi's eyes opened wide in shock, but before he could ask further, they heard the door knob click.

"I.. I look weird isn't it..." A shy Yongguk slightly held the door open, showing only half of himself. 

"Come on out! I think you look great!" Youngjae clapped and encouraged the other, who opened the door wider and stepped out. He smiled, "see? You look just fabulous, my dear! Let's head back." 

"Thank you." Yongguk smiled widely and bowed deeply at the tailor before they left in the carriage. Meanwhile, Ravi decided he needed to make a dress that fit the description Youngjae gave him. This dress looked too soft on Yongguk and after hearing of what he did, he was uncomfortable with what the other had worn, Ravi was the type to make clothes in accordance of other's personalities and settled for a bolder look for Yongguk. 

 

 

 

As the carriage headed back, Youngjae noticed Yongguk sitting very still. 

He pat Yongguk on the shoulder who looked at him and smiled... Sadly?... Youngjae didn't like the look.

"What's wrong?" 

"I... I'm just thinking... Can I please see my family?"

Younjae smiled comfortingly, "We'll get your family to you by tonight! Don't worry so much."

"No... I want to see them now... I want to show them..." Even though there were no sign of tears in Yongguk's eyes, the other heard just how heavy and thick his voice had become. It held so many emotions. It made Youngjae think about his own family. 

"I'll send this carriage back right now, to get your family. Just write their address on this." Youngjae pulled out a small pocket book and a quill pen. 

Yongguk quickly wrote down the address and gave it back to the shocked other. 

"Woah! Where did you learn how to write!? I thought villages had no form of education..." 

"By myself. I worked in various cities with various citizens, The ones who wanted me to do some groceries or other chores would help me read what they had written. This way I started writing on my own and learned the words myself." Yongguk smiled proudly and Youngjae found himself smiling too. This man... He was going to change the atmosphere of the palace for him.

"Ah! I'm so glad you did, or else I don't know how would I have taught anything to a hot blooded man like you" Youngjae said as he rolled his eyes and grinned mischeviously at Yongguk who raised his eye brows in disbelief, "I'm really happy too to know that I won't have to sit with a erted little boy like you." He said calmly and smirked as Youngjae's grin fell, "hey! I'm not a ert!" he pouted and the other laughed, "That's what all erts say!" They both laughed as they started hitting each other playfully and fighting over who's the ert. Yongguk doesn't remember being so care free and happy before. 

 

As they left the carriage, Youngjae handed the paper to the coach man and gave him instructions to be back as soon as possible.

As they entered the palace, the aroma of vanilla and fresh bread filled the air, Yongguk felt a pang in his stomach as the heavenly scent hit him and his stomach growled loudly. The other turned around and chuckled, "Aw, are you hungry?" He didn't feel like teasing the other much in case he refused the food altogether. 

Yongguk nodded, cheeks slightly pink. He was, afterall, starving. He felt stupid for preaching earlier. 

"Don't be too uncomfortable. I get you... Living in the village... You must have felt that way because the farmers are paid very less for all they do, isn't it? I feel that's unfair too." 

Yongguk was surprised and suddenly felt a lot closer to Youngjae. "Really? Then why does the palace do this?" 

"I'm not the minister here, neither am I a lord. I have no say in what they do. I'm just one of the lower generals, I used to be some kind of a chore boy before but I worked my way up by being one of the best swords men here." 

"Oh... I'm sorry for your past but your hardwork is admirable... I wish we could do something about the higher ups."

"You can." Youngjae said and smiled, as they entered the kitchen, however, Yongguk froze as he saw a familiar face.

It was Junhong!

The tall boy noticed them as soon as they had entered and he smiled widely as he looked at the new Prince's guard. 

"See!? I told you! I told you!" Junhong, despite his height, hopped around Yongguk like a child and hugged him. "I told you! As soon as I saw your eyes, I knew it was going to be you!" 

"Uh... You both know eachother?" Youngjae interrupted and Junhong started spilling everything about how he met Yongguk and they both laughed at the insult he had thrown at those body builders. 

"You have a good eye, Junhong. No wonder you're the King's courtier from such a young age! You never fail to surprise me aside from when you bend to speak to me, making me feel like a damned midget. Curse you for that!" Youngjae's tone dripped with bitter sarcasm and annoyance it made Yongguk laugh so hard that even Junhong and Youngjae burst into fits of laughter.

It was like living a blessing! He laughed so hard twice! In one day!

"Well, let's get you food now." They both sat at the kitchen where fluffy bread was cut by a maid into thick slices, cool butter, jam, eggs and mashed potatoes were placed before them in seperate plates. Yongguk gulped heavily as his stomach was about to let out another embarrassing growl. He grabbed a fork and immediately starting chomping down on the delicious, warm food. After finishing his eggs and mashed potatoes, he took a slice of bread, spreading butter on it and took a large bite. He groaned in satisfaction as the sweet taste of vanilla and butter hit his mouth. He took another slice, placing butter and jam on it before biting into it and in satisfaction again, a cup of tea was settled next to his plate and he gulped down the hot liquid with the bread still in his mouth.

"You're having the time of your life, aren't you?" Junhong remarked, smiling widely and Yongguk returned it, not embarrassed within the company anymore, nodding. 

"I just wish my family will arrive quickly so they can have a taste of this too!" He exclaimed excitedly. 

"They'll be here soon and will be served. Be that as it may, Yongguk, I hope you're ready because we'll be going to meet the king and his queen and their son. The prince you'll be in charge of." 

Yongguk downed the tea and nodded. "I'm ready."

Youngjae smiled amusingly and stood up, leaving as the other followed close behind. 

"Good luck! Don't get your undies in a bunch." Junhong winked as Yongguk left the room, waving with a smile. 

 

 

 

They entered a large carpeted room, the king and queen were sitting on their thrones with dreary faces and Yongguk realised that not everyone in this palace are like Youngjae or Junhong. He bowed towards them and they just nodded. 

"As you have heard, our son is in danger and we need someone to protect him." The queen spoke and the peasant nodded. "We trust Youngjae has chosen the right person for our son. Or else, none will be forgiven." A threat? Without even a greeting? Yongguk thought as he kept a stoic expression.

"As you'll be his guard, I need to tell you what's the danger." The king spoke in a kind manner and it eased the prince's guard. "Our son... Well, he doesn't realise just how dangerous it is for him to leave the palace! But, he won't listen to us. He doesn't want any guards and all our soldiers have been wasted over his stubborn nature." The king sighed tiredly, "That's why I called someone from outside, so my son wouldn't loathe the idea any further. He doesn't have any friends either so please be careful with him." 

"I will, your highness." Yongguk placed a hand over his chest and bowed. 

"Well... You can come out now, Jongup. Meet your new guardian." The queen declared and a boy no older than 19 stepped out from behind one of the thrones, he didn't smile and had a rather intimidating look. 

I see... So, he's the prince...  Yongguk thought as he bowed in greeting. The prince didn't bow back and instead lifted his neck higher, as if staring down at Yongguk through his nose.

 

I seriously dislike him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I"M SO SORRY IT TOOK SO DAMN LONG AHSGYWSHASIU But seriously I love you guys so much thanks for supporting me! I will surely try my best to update a bit earlier ;AA; You guys are the best! please leave comments and lemme know how it went!