Forever With U

Waiting
Please log in to read the full chapter

The night was young and the sky was clear, a crescent moon and a multitude of stars shining down on the city. Twenty or so candles of varying sizes were lit around the room. One of his favourite bottles of wine was open on the coffee table, a couple of almost empty wine glasses nearby. They were sitting intertwined on the couch, their faces facing each other, foreheads touching. Their eyes were closed as they just breathed gently and enjoyed each other’s company, an air of melancholy surrounding them.

There was so much she wanted to say, but she didn’t know how to say it. So she stayed quiet, an ache in her heart.

There was so much he wanted to say too, but he wanted her to break the silence.

She figured she fell asleep because the next thing she knew they were lying down, still facing each other. She watched as his eyes traced every plane and pore of her face, as though he were trying to commit it to memory. She watched him for a long while until he finally noticed she was awake.

“I love you,” she whispered, gazing into his eyes.

The corners of his mouth twitched up and his eyes sparkled. “I love you,” he replied, “More than you could ever know.”

He saw her jaw tighten and her eyes water before she bowed her head and buried further into his embrace. His chin rested on the top of her head as he just held her, waiting.

She took in a deep breath of his gorgeous scent and reveled in his warmth, never wanting to leave.

Please log in to read the full chapter