002

Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The saddest thing about betryal is that it never comes from your enemy"

 

 

Jiyong was quite familiar with the concept of love.

A brush of skin, a touch of lips, a line of words, a promise, a vow, a priest, and a tearful "I do." Though, the reason for tears on a happy (or should be happy) occasion remained a myth. In every book, every movie, every song, love represented strength, a will to live, a reason to fight. Love filled people with happiness, love overshadowed hatred, love brought world peace. Jiyong was taught by the adults that thou shalt love thy enemies. Because love, after all, was the ultimate answer. 

But Jiyong wasn't blind. He saw the dark side of love. Love was obsessive. Love could drive a man to madness. He saw the obsession, the need to own, the jealousy, the hurt, the blood. He saw the tears b a woman's eyes as she clutched her husband lipstick-stained vest to her chest. He saw the anger, the turmoil, the need to hurt. He saw the wheels spinning, the plans coming into place, the revenge that was bound to happen. He saw the usually tall form of a man crouch, the touch of regret, the need to get away but unable to. 

Jiyong saw the gradual change in his father. A man whose smile put the sun to shame started to morph into a man whose brows are always connected. A man with an infinite amount of love and sincerity was filled with the need to own. It d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter