3rd song: can you feel it

can you feel it?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

title song: can you feel it

main lead: yang yoseob

word story count: 2867

*

I thought we’d never see each other again
But I’m with you now
I don’t want anything else

*

January 5th 2019

It was the busiest day for the birthday boy, Yang Yoseob, well he’s not a boy anymore now that he’s 29, but yeah. Anyway, although he planned to not do anything for today, he was dragged out since the morning by his friends and family.

His sister picked him up unnoticed and brought him home when he’s not even fully awake. The family had a birthday breakfast with his mother prepared him the infamous tradition, Yoseob was served the seaweed soup which for her beloved son his mother cooked it with high quality meat inside. Yoseob loved it, he truly did. He thanked his mother, kissed her, and they talked the whole morning about his childhood and stuff.

Around noon, Dongwoon picked him up, unnoticed. He was scolded by Yoseob when he arrived at his family’s house without telling him anything. Grinning and laughing mischievously the younger dodged the hyung’s nagging with his absurd reasoning, saying it’s his birthday, thus surprises were supposed to be expected.

And again, he’s dragged out. Dongwoon brought him to have lunch with the other Highlight members sans the leader as he’s busy serving to the country. Kikwang sweetly surprised him with a birthday song and cake, which later they cringed together remembering that they’re not young anymore. Junhyung had him an expensive present, expected from the super rich Highlight producer. While maknae, again, being the prankster on the group presented him an embarrassing video of his pictures and video cuts compilation throughout their adolescence. Yoseob was both humiliated but feeling blessed at the same time.

They spent their lunch with laughter, some whining, laughter, but mostly laughter.

Because he was not driving his car that day, Dongwoon was supposed to send him home. But for the third time today, he was dragged out again. This time by his producer and best friend, famously known as Gyuberlake.

Wasn’t expecting this, Yoseob had one of his eyebrow rose.

“Where we’re going again?” he asked as he fastened his seatbelt.

“Apink concert,” the friend answered with a grin, eyes focused on the front. “I told you, I prepared something for your birthday.”

“You kidding.”

“Come on, Bro. Relax, we’re just watching, like ordinary fans.”

Yoseob’s expression changed, darkened, and quite visible. “You are the ordinary fan, I’m not.” His voice was clear, and he emphasized on the second sentence.

“Oh, you’re saying you’re a special fan now?” his friend teased.

And he earned a scolding gaze immediately which not even bothering him at all and continued laughing instead.

“I’m not going, just drop me somewhere, I’ll go home,” Yoseob sounded persistent.

“Nope, not gonna,” his friend was quite tough, “you’ve no idea how hard to get these tickets. I even had to beg their manager to get me two special seats for us. We’re not even close, you can imagine how awkward we were. And you know …

Yoseob heaved in and threw his gaze outside the window, completely disinterested to his friend’s what’s so called ‘struggle’. His mind travelled through the car window, thinking stuff he should have solved long ago.

Apink concert, her concert. Of course he knew about this, it seemed like everyone had been talking about it even before they released the news. Being their number one supporter, Dongwoon was sulking the whole day for not being able to get the first day concert and had to come tomorrow, he had a schedule on the first day selling ticket and that explained why he failed to catch up the buying, he had to fight with the rest fans, exclaiming he’s not going to use his connection, which Yoseob named as stupid. He’s going to sulk again, Yoseob bet, if that maknae knew he’s going there right now.

And not only that, his colleagues on the radio also mentioned the concert quite often recently, he almost thought they did it with a purpose. But probably, he’s just being overly conscious. Surprising enough though, a couple of friends from gym asked him how to get to the concert, mentioning how they used to be from the same agency. But he cut clean immediately, telling them he didn’t know, added that they’re not working under the same roof anymore. Well, first, he genuinely had no idea how to get the ticket beside from connections, of course he didn’t, why would he when he could get free tickets just from calling. And second, Yang Yoseob just being his usual self, he’d been continuously trying his best to not get linked with the certain idol. And if he’s being honest, it’s getting really exhausting.

“Yah, chill, people won’t even notice.”

He’d bet his precious present from Junhyung, the SNS would break down as soon as he stepped into the venue.

“They won’t notice, you said?”

Yoseob threw him an irritated look just right before he sat, gesturing his chin to people taking pictures of him.

“Alright, alright, just chill, people will just think you come to support your hoobaes, they love you for being a supportive sunbae. Come on, I don’t have to explain this to you,” said his best friend, half whispering.

Of course he knew, and how he wished it was true. But when he remembered how she began avoiding him for what he said on his infamous interview with Elle, he wasn’t sure if this would be least damaging.

“Eunji surely gets so pretty with that haircut!” Gyuberlake shouted next to his ear when Apink came out for the first song.

“Shut up!” and Yoseob hissed so fast.

No, she’s undeniably beautiful, everyone knew. He agreed, 100%. But he’s limited in praising her, especially in place like this, when no matter how loud the music played, ears just had its own way to catch things.

His friend just laughed and mocked him even more. Not even budging his overly sensitive expression.

“Come on, dude, enjoy!”

His eyes locked on the stage, as the girls started their first song. A thin smile loosened on Yoseob’s lips as he watched them dancing and the fans cheering enthusiastically. And by then, he decided to listen to his friend and enjoyed the concert.

Actually, Yoseob had never skipped Apink concert, despite no one realized that. He made sure he attended all their domestic concerts, and even some of their overseas ones. It started with an old promise to a certain girl, then began to be a habit.

But this one was different, things changed, and he wasn’t sure if the old promise was still applied. It hurt, if he’s honest. That’s probably why despite how loud the concert hall, there was something empty in his eyes.

When it ended, his friend was soon disappeared, saying he’ll get some pictures with the members from the backstage. Yoseob declined the offer at first, saying he’ll just wait until he finished. But t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter